Terry Curran on Tony Pulis

4 minutes ago, musingowl said:

Pulis far from my first choice but have you seen some of the nut job ramblings TC goes on about, be it Trump, coronavirus, race. 

I know which one I'd rather have associated with my club at present.

Yes I've seen those

But I'm not gonna start slating a Wednesday legend 

Owlstalk Shop

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Staggering logic

"Weve been rubbish for ages now so we should be happy that we're going to continue being rubbish'

lol

I just don't  understand this logic - can someone explain it to me

This is the worrying issue amongst our fanbase, a lot seem to have become so accustomed to being rubbish they can't aspire to anything better. Dare to dream.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

YEY 

We got a 'bed wetters' post!!!!

It’s true though. Some people losing their minds before the bloke had even put pen to paper. 

DC could have made an appointment which was 10x worse. He didn’t. I never understand fans who don’t support a manager from the start. Give him a chance first, it’s the least someone deserves when they start a new job. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s true though. Some people losing their minds before the bloke had even put pen to paper. 

DC could have made an appointment which was 10x worse. He didn’t. I never understand fans who don’t support a manager from the start. Give him a chance first, it’s the least someone deserves when they start a new job. 

YEY!!!
WE GOT A 'GIVE HIM A CHANCE' POST!!!!!

Owlstalk Shop

30 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It probably wasn’t, and there was disquiet back then about the way we played Not as prominent as it is now, but these are different times. Most of football has moved on from that way of thinking, aside from a few lower league clubs

Tell that to Boro and Cardiff recently. One style has been more successful than others. 

Pulis was a nightmare for Wenger

Football has progressed into snobbery nothing more 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes I've seen those

But I'm not gonna start slating a Wednesday legend 

Understandable.

But if the nutter on the bus suddenly started explaining the benefits of 4-4-2 after having a rant about immigration and how Bill Gates wants to microchip him, you probably wouldn't care much for his opinion would you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, musingowl said:

But if the nutter on the bus suddenly started explaining the benefits of 4-4-2 after having a rant about immigration and how Bill Gates wants to microchip him, you probably wouldn't care much for his opinion would you?

Personally no - but I understand why some people living in fear who aren't quite bright might do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Reality is we've got him and he can do no worse than the last combo . Weve not really seen much decent footy since Big Ron left apart from a bit from Sturrock and C C and by the way ' my team ' Curran did become a piggie after us so how come he merits the ' legend ' status ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Have we got the sort of players to magically start playing the way we did in Carlos' first season, had we now brought in 'that kind of manager' ? In fact, watching other Championship games this season, I don.t see many teams playing attractively ( that seems to be reserved for the Premier League). Most results in our league are ground out.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

I’m a bit too young to remember, and I know times have changed, but TC played under Jack Charlton didn’t he? I thought Jacks teams could be quite attritional? 

He did indeed. He then fell out with him because of how he wanted him to play and then signed for United to waz him off.

Suppose at least he's consistent.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Staggering logic

"Weve been rubbish for ages now so we should be happy that we're going to continue being rubbish'

lol

I just don't  understand this logic - can someone explain it to me

The logic is that he may just make us better

..strange concept I know 

• Like 2
  • Love 1