Terry Curran on Tony Pulis

just a thought but when in last 20 odd years have we played good football? maybe 3-4months 2nd half of 2015/16 thats about it. was boring under s gray , 1st 3months under carlos and last 18months boring, jos say no more , bruce not hear long enough to judge but nothing that exciting , monk awful stink the place out football , so it just isnt possible to be worse. personally i wish we didnt get a 62year old and ageing coaches but there here now so might as well back him. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, S1Owl said:

Did he not watch in the 80s either. 

i did it was called effective football , remember best once say when we played wimbledon that he wouldnt cross over the road to watch that. bet he wouldnt he would sooner be in the boozer. 

• Like 1

Can't stand Pulis' style of football to be honest, like club legend TC who was a magnificent player and one of our most exciting mavericks we've had post-war.

However unlike TC, I'm willing to give Pulis a chance, his record is far better than Monk's, he did a very good job at the likes of Gillingham, Stoke and Palace. Some of our best managers since the war have been managers that favoured attacking football and some of our best managers have been more long ball too. There are different ways to win and play football.

Pulis' experience should help us stay up, he'll have to adapt in a similar way as the likes of Bruce and Warnock, in order to rebuild us and get us back to fighting for the play offs in the future. Is it possible, yes it is next season, will Pulis be able to adapt to the modern Championship, we'll have to wait and see.

Hopefully Pulis does well, still has it and proves his doubters wrong, and proves myself wrong too. If he keeps us up, stabilises us and eventually gets us back up, he'd become a club hero regardless of playing style. Much like the likes of Big Jack and Sgt Wilko in the past. 

There are some valid concerns with how DC's running the club but hopefully he's chosen the right man this time and hopefully he learns from past mistakes and we improve on and off the pitch as a club, if we do that with Pulis, in time we might become a more solid or attractive club in the future to other proven managers and to up and coming managers on the rise. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Can't stand Pulis' style of football to be honest, like club legend TC who was a magnificent player and one of our most exciting mavericks we've had post-war.

However unlike TC, I'm willing to give Pulis a chance, his record is far better than Monk's, he did a very good job at the likes of Gillingham, Stoke and Palace. Some of our best managers since the war have been managers that favoured attacking football and some of our best managers have been more long ball too. There are different ways to win and play football.

Pulis' experience should help us stay up, he'll have to adapt in a similar way as the likes of Bruce and Warnock, in order to rebuild us and get us back to fighting for the play offs in the future. Is it possible, yes it is next season, will Pulis be able to adapt to the modern Championship, we'll have to wait and see.

Hopefully Pulis does well, still has it and proves his doubters wrong, and proves myself wrong too. If he keeps us up, stabilises us and eventually gets us back up, he'd become a club hero regardless of playing style. Much like the likes of Big Jack and Sgt Wilko in the past. 

There are some valid concerns with how DC's running the club but hopefully he's chosen the right man this time and hopefully he learns from past mistakes and we improve on and off the pitch as a club, if we do that with Pulis, in time we might become a more solid or attractive club in the future to other proven managers and to up and coming managers on the rise. 

Great 

Curran is in my top 3 favourite Wednesday players. He is a great guy also, but I do think his statement is OTT. Nobody is expecting tikka takka football, but what if, let’s just say we grind

outnwins and slowly start creeping up the table and we have a bit of momentum? I’m surely even the Pulis sceptics might have a little peek at us.

Edited by sexpistol
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sexpistol said:

Curran is in my top 3 favourite Wednesday players. He is a great guy also, but I do think his statement is OTT. Nobody is expecting tikka takka football, but what if, let’s just say we grind

outnwins and slowly start creeping up the table and we have a bit of momentum? I’m surely even the Pulis sceptics might have a little peek at us.

Tiki-Taka

• Thanks 1

Guest Therealrealist
10 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

Terry Curran,as good as he was,is just an attention seeker with views that have no relevance to our club.

Ex@ctamondo...he talks rounduns tbh

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but this is an utterly stupid one. This squad isn’t very talented and are never going to be playing champagne football, ever.

Because of that, you have to change your method and alter the way you approach games. Monk clearly noticed it, judging by the arrivals of Flint & Patterson, two shithouses

You rarely succeed in this division just on technical ability and flair 

I wasn’t happy with his appointment initially but FFS let’s see how he gets on and shapes us up yeah 

• Like 1
  • Love 2