Terry Curran on Tony Pulis

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He has different opinions to yourself mate - it's allowed

There's quite a difference between opinions and outright flouncing. Terry Curren is like a child, he deleted me from twitter after I questioned him once. He is a flouncer of giant proportions.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

I’m a bit too young to remember, and I know times have changed, but TC played under Jack Charlton didn’t he? I thought Jacks teams could be quite attritional? 

In the early days they were attritional because he took over a club in crisis. He had to battle his way out of it. Sounds familiar really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Owling Wolfe said:

There's quite a difference between opinions and outright flouncing. Terry Curren is like a child, he deleted me from twitter after I questioned him once. He is a flouncer of giant proportions.

Ahhhh the old 'I got blocked on Twitter when i'd done nothing wrong' thing

lol

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Was the style under the likes of Wilkinson, Megson, Monk (with Fletcher banging them in), Sturrock really that different. 

People like Curran making themselves look stupid (again)

It probably wasn’t, and there was disquiet back then about the way we played Not as prominent as it is now, but these are different times. Most of football has moved on from that way of thinking, aside from a few lower league clubs

Guest Therealrealist
11 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

I just knew you would come back at that. He blocked me because I had a different opinion, go figure.

I know another club ‘legend’ who does a lot of that...unless you blow smoke up their arris they don’t want to know

1 hour ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

I’m a bit too young to remember, and I know times have changed, but TC played under Jack Charlton didn’t he? I thought Jacks teams could be quite attritional? 

jacks football was horrible! howard wilkinson played the same brand of football as pulis ..... how did that go ???? 

* answer (if you're too young to remember) was promotion to the top level with winning football played in the opponents half/penalty box using 'has beens' and castoffs (on a shoestring budget)  .... i would love to experience it all again (wins at anfield,old trafford,stamford bridge , white hart lane etc  .... what's not to like ????)  

• Like 6
  • Love 2