Terry Curran on Tony Pulis

1 minute ago, alan48 said:

Reality is we've got him and he can do no worse than the last combo . Weve not really seen much decent footy since Big Ron left apart from a bit from Sturrock and C C and by the way ' my team ' Curran did become a piggie after us so how come he merits the ' legend ' status ?

He's a legend because he was an outstanding player for us.

I can accept that someone might be a footballing legend and a complete idiot/moron in all other ways. Di Canio, Gascoine and many others.

I'm not looking forward to Pulis being manager but I will keep my own council and give him a chance, everyone deserves that. I can even accept that things might not be pretty for a while, he's got to find a way of getting a tune out of our players consistently. That might mean going ultra defensive /long ball or whatever.. Minimum for me will be survival this season, ideally mid table, challenge/ play offs next year,  promotion year after that. I'll trade pretty football for success for a while.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Staggering logic

"Weve been rubbish for ages now so we should be happy that we're going to continue being rubbish'

lol

I just don't  understand this logic - can someone explain it to me

We’re hoping that we’re going to stop being rubbish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

I'm really not sure where the potentially misplaced outrage is coming from re TP. We have been an awful football team since Bruce left. Give the guy a chance

Have to agree, I do wonder how many people are just jumping on the band wagon of negativity?

Like most fans, I would much prefer attractive, free flowing football.

But we are the bottom of the championship with a team of fairly average players.

Im ok with giving TP the benefit of the doubt and seeing what he does, he has managed at a higher level than we are likely to be in fir a good few years.

Surely our fans should want the team to succeed and getting on his back before he’s even stepped foot in the place isn’t going to help.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

I'm sorry. I logged in to the wrong website. I thought I was going onto a site that supports SW, knew about football, and were pepared to give a man a chance to prove or disprove his worth. In stead, I find myself on a 'Hang 'em High ' jury who condemn a man before he's even committed a crime. Before the ink is dry on signing a contract, Pulis is the worst thing in football.

I thought Wednesdayites were much better than this, or have I been watching the wrong team for 73 years?

It was even worse on twitter ect. anyone would have thought it was Donald Trump haha. I don't mind if people don't want Pulis ect. but how some people went off was embarrassing sadly. I think Tony is the right man for the job and will support him until I don't think he is, but It will be funny how people will react if he does do well ect. If he does, I think he will need 1-2 full seasons for looking at promotion, hopefully.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spookone said:

Im ok with giving TP the benefit of the doubt and seeing what he does, he has managed at a higher level 

You do realise that was when he was working with established international standard players like Peter Crouch and Michael Owen though right?

We're giving him Jack Marriott and a defender with one leg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, markowl said:

lol

Screenshot_20201114-090041_Facebook.jpg

TP might have been born again during his break, and no-one knows how he will set up, as he has to play (to some extent) to the skills of the players he has inherited.  No point playing over the top if there aren't fast forwards to take advantage.  Odds on we'll be on 16-20 attempts on goal in the home games, and at least half that in the away games.  It's not all doom

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I've not checked - How many seasons does it usually take him to get promoted? 

He's only had 1 promotion from the Championship and that was back in 07/08 season, finishing 2nd with Stoke. That was his second season with them and his second spell in charge, the first season he just missed out on the play offs. Well you probably all ready know about Middlesbrough, but his first season he replaced monk partway through the season and kept them in the play offs, losing in the semifinal and his first full season with them he finished just out of the play offs again.

12 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

He's only had 1 promotion from the Championship and that was back in 07/08 season, finishing 2nd with Stoke. That was his second season with them and his second spell in charge, the first season he just missed out on the play offs. Well you probably all ready know about Middlesbrough, but his first season he replaced monk partway through the season and kept them in the play offs, losing in the semifinal and his first full season with them he finished just out of the play offs again.

So based on that it took him 2 years with stoke and nearly 2 years for Middlesbrough.  

You do realise that was when he was working with established international standard players like Peter Crouch and Michael Owen though right?

Wasn't it you having a dig at Pulis for bringing in a 32 years old Crouch and Owen earlier in the post?

• Love 1

Terry Curran tho...haha..turncoat..

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

People shouldn't mock people with opinions that are different to theirs

There will be many many Wednesday fans who think the same way that Terry Curran does

If you disagree with Terry Curran fair enough but be aware that he's not the only one thinking that way, and respect that people have different opinions

This appointment will have an impact on things - be in no doubt about that

Remember also that many season ticket holders were staying away from games before lockdown

If you personally are happy with Tony Pulis style of football that's fine. Others are not. Respect that.

Were you happy with the football that we played under Garry Monks tenure?