Season ticket refund

I've just re read my post and noticed it is now "they" when I'm refering to SWFC it always would have been "we". This has happened subconciosly and probably sums up my current feeling on my relationship with the club, sad really that it's now they/them and not we. I used to be part of SWFC now I'm just a customer.

11 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

That's gonna go down like a dog egg sandwich if they ask for more money from season ticket holders. And vice versa if someone who has used 230 quid credit gets a rolled over ticket. 

Either way there's gonna be discussions and divisions amongst the fan base. 

I reckon they'll try to average it out for how much people have in the bank after iFollow.

So that on average they won't be asking for more and on average they won't be doing refunds. 

As getting more money out of people will not go down well at all. But if you've already spent it it'll feel more palatable to just cash it in. 

I wonder how many people actually bought early bird. 

I have ST in the North. Watched I player a few times but paid separately for it (clanger). The only proper way is for the club to refund, promptly, all ST holders,  work out the prices for the coming season and let them decide whether to renew or not.

Can’t see a problem for a well run business wanting to keep a good relationship with its loyal customer base !

• Like 3

13 hours ago, doubleo said:

I have ST in the North. Watched I player a few times but paid separately for it (clanger). The only proper way is for the club to refund, promptly, all ST holders,  work out the prices for the coming season and let them decide whether to renew or not.

Can’t see a problem for a well run business wanting to keep a good relationship with its loyal customer base !

It seems the club isn't going to do this. My credit card company has said it can't get the money of the club as they (SWFC) are citing the T&C's of the Season Ticket. According to the email from the Ticketing General Manager to my bank: "Our Season Ticket terms and conditions which are agreed upon purchase do state that Season Tickets are non-refundable: https://tickets.swfc.co.uk/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=usercontent/documents/html/genre/terms.html"

The email then goes on to say, "Regarding the 2020/21 season tickets we have confirmed to all supporters that they will receive a credit to their ticketing account for the missed games which can be used for the following season or any future ticketing requirements."

As far as I'm aware the club haven't communicated this to me as a Season Ticket holder. Admittedly I don't monitor every corner of the club's website on a regular basis, but the club certainly hasn't emailed me about this, which surely is not beyond their capabilities?

I'm not sure of the legality of this. Just because a you buy a service that is non-refundable, surely that doesn't mean that if the supplier is prevented by the government from providing that service they can just keep your money and maybe offer you something else that you might not want or be able to use? I'm sure if I pursued this in the courts I would win, but the point is why is the club treating people like this? P**sing off your fans ('customers') and making them think about going to court instead of doing the right thing – as has been said elsewhere on here, just explain what is going on (even if that means admitting you haven't got enough cashflow) and give us the choice. 

What have the following got in common? Ryan Air, Easyjet, Sheffield Theatres, Tramlines, Ticketmaster – all did the right (legal) thing and offered me a choice of what to do with tickets I had bought from them... And guess what, I rolled some of them over and in the case of Sheffield Theatres gave a part donation as they are a charity. Really, what is SWFC's problem?! The only thing to conclude is that they can't afford to do the right thing... 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Funkenstein said:

It seems the club isn't going to do this. My credit card company has said it can't get the money of the club as they (SWFC) are citing the T&C's of the Season Ticket. According to the email from the Ticketing General Manager to my bank: "Our Season Ticket terms and conditions which are agreed upon purchase do state that Season Tickets are non-refundable: https://tickets.swfc.co.uk/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=usercontent/documents/html/genre/terms.html"

The email then goes on to say, "Regarding the 2020/21 season tickets we have confirmed to all supporters that they will receive a credit to their ticketing account for the missed games which can be used for the following season or any future ticketing requirements."

As far as I'm aware the club haven't communicated this to me as a Season Ticket holder. Admittedly I don't monitor every corner of the club's website on a regular basis, but the club certainly hasn't emailed me about this, which surely is not beyond their capabilities?

I'm not sure of the legality of this. Just because a you buy a service that is non-refundable, surely that doesn't mean that if the supplier is prevented by the government from providing that service they can just keep your money and maybe offer you something else that you might not want or be able to use? I'm sure if I pursued this in the courts I would win, but the point is why is the club treating people like this? P**sing off your fans ('customers') and making them think about going to court instead of doing the right thing – as has been said elsewhere on here, just explain what is going on (even if that means admitting you haven't got enough cashflow) and give us the choice. 

What have the following got in common? Ryan Air, Easyjet, Sheffield Theatres, Tramlines, Ticketmaster – all did the right (legal) thing and offered me a choice of what to do with tickets I had bought from them... And guess what, I rolled some of them over and in the case of Sheffield Theatres gave a part donation as they are a charity. Really, what is SWFC's problem?! The only thing to conclude is that they can't afford to do the right thing... 

My credit card refunded season tickets for season 2020-21. I'm still owed for 2019-20 but have had the generic email. I'm not putting another penny into this club as things stand. Our backs are wet from the actions of this club.

• Like 3

On 15/05/2021 at 20:04, latemodelchild said:

So I could have watched all our home games on ifollow this season for nowt basically? Wish they'd told me that at the start of the season I'd have used a few. 

This is what I did. I thought it would keep the situation straightforward but maybe should have had the money back in free Ifollow games rather than putting more money in.

Just now, Rev Owl said:

This is what I did. I thought it would keep the situation straightforward but maybe should have had the money back in free Ifollow games rather than putting more money in.

20/21 was a second year of a two year season ticket for me so I didn't want to complicate matters.

So I'm assuming I should still get my money back for 19/20, which should be  "anytime" as per their update to me on the 21st Dec! Then for 20/21 it will get rolled over and I should also have some sort of refund, unless he sticks with those price levels for L1 football? 

15 hours ago, Dr. Funkenstein said:

Like you I don’t search through every page of the clubs web page, but I haven’t had any communication from them about the 20/21 ST. As for them quoting T&C’s re non refundable - I think they’re out on a limb there. Just because someone says something does not make it legal. I can’t be ars*d to sue the club but I think I’d win.  What a way to treat loyal customers. It’s still my club but I’ll be very selective before I part with any money in the future. DC is obviously skint. 10 Bob millionaire.

• Like 4

Just phoned club for the first time to ask about it as I could really do with the £98 now tbh.

Said they haven't got a clue and they can only repeat that the chairman promised everyone would get a refund if they asked for it.

This is for the 19/20 season by the way.

• Like 1

On 16/05/2021 at 22:25, Dr. Funkenstein said:

In my opinion,  the club are underestimating the unrest in their season ticket purchases. We should have our money back morally let alone legally.  We are hardly going to get the same product ie championship football that we purchased . The club is treating its core fans with utter contempt !

• Like 3

On 16/05/2021 at 22:25, Dr. Funkenstein said:

It seems the club isn't going to do this. My credit card company has said it can't get the money of the club as they (SWFC) are citing the T&C's of the Season Ticket. According to the email from /the Ticketing General Manager to my bank: "Our Season Ticket terms and conditions which are agreed upon purchase do state that Season Tickets are non-refundable: https://tickets.swfc.co.uk/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=usercontent/documents/html/genre/terms.html"

The club have refunded two tickets for 19/20 and my credit card company have refunded me two for 20/21, so no money owing, looks like i am one of the lucky ones

It is disgraceful treatment of the fans.  Water off a ducks back for Chansiri as his reputation is in the gutter.

I know it is hurting our club but I hope people don’t turn up next year and kick Chansiri right in the nuts where it hurts financially.  

I hope we go into administration to get this imbecile away from our club.  

• Like 3

Not sure how and why some are contacted and most are not. We have a group of 6 seats in the north. One person pays for all but he has not been contacted. I have not been contacted. 
I missed many games in 2019-20 and signed up to I- Follow as “part payment” for that season. In spite of writing, not heard a whisper about the remaining balance for 2019-20 and nothing for 2020-21 where we could not go to any match. My ticket runs to 2021-22. So does my 3 year ticket extend to 2022-23? Does anyone really know. Nothing on the website.
This mismanagement underlines the real issues affecting every department in the club, especially the team manager and the players. I am ashamed of those in charge of what used to be our club. I would have happily donated money if approached in a professional manner. Not now. 

So to sum up the previous 79 pages.

The owner is a crook who is withholding supporters refunds is that about the size of it ?.

I haven’t had a sniff of my refund for 2019-20 .

I haven’t had the slightest communication about my unused 20-21 

tickets.

Surely can’t be the right way to treat lifelong supporters / customers.

• Like 7

Guest Grandad

Didn't the Chairman say to the Press that everybody would have their refund by the end of this month??

Surely that's good news. All be done with this week. 👍

On 21/05/2021 at 15:51, KivoOwl said:

Just phoned club for the first time to ask about it as I could really do with the £98 now tbh.

Said they haven't got a clue and they can only repeat that the chairman promised everyone would get a refund if they asked for it.

This is for the 19/20 season by the way.

Scandalous way to treat loyal fans from the club.

• Like 1