Season ticket refund

7 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

But will I have to wait a year for the adjustment refund?  I've been waiting 4 weeks short of a year for the season before last refund, still nothing. Think about that.......a year to refund a supporter of 55 years what he pays Pelupessy an hour ! 

Chill out mate im not making a statement of defence for the club or the owner,  I'm just saying what I think will happen in the next week or so 

Not sure how the length of time youve been a supporter is relevant or why i need to think about it either

On 26/05/2021 at 20:04, hirstyboywonder said:

The fact is no supporter should have to go to those lengths to get a refund.

No supporter should have been left waiting going on a year now for a refund.

No supporters should be having to wait until the club say something 'shortly'. The club hasn't said anything official on this in writing for ages. All those waiting have is la soundbite from an interview with the owner saying all payments should be made by the end of May. Those Looking forward to the announcement on Monday that this has been achieved or even an an announcement to acknowledge it hasn't would be wise not to hold their breath in anticipation. 

I bought two tickets for England v Croatia for Euro 2020 but lost out in the ballot they held because of reduced attendance.

Got my refund two days later from UEFA.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PARKOWL said:

Chill out mate im not making a statement of defence for the club or the owner,  I'm just saying what I think will happen in the next week or so 

Not sure how the length of time youve been a supporter is relevant or why i need to think about it either

Wasn't a personal go at you, it was a general post to describe the situation.  Doesn't matter how long you've been a fan, of course it doesn't if you're owed money, but insurance companies have just been told not to penalise loyal customers, neither should SWFC.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Wasn't a personal go at you, it was a general post to describe the situation.  Doesn't matter how long you've been a fan, of course it doesn't if you're owed money, but insurance companies have just been told not to penalise loyal customers, neither should SWFC.

fair play 

On 26/05/2021 at 08:58, vulva said:

I don’t know if anyone that finds this situation acceptable. But, a lot of the anger could have been avoided through better/any communication. It’s been poor throughout and the ones I feel sorry for are the ticket office staff on the frontline.  

This ^^^!

Bad communication is 99% of the world's problems. If you keep people informed, regardless of how bad the news is, you rarely get further issues.

However, in the absence of information, information will invent itself... you have only got to read many of the posts on here which, not unreasonably, revert to conjecture and opinion rather that situations based on fact.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
On 26/05/2021 at 08:58, No Uniform said:

There is no legal obligation for them to refund for the tickets. However there is a massive moral one.

Must be , breach of contract if not taken other consideration in lieu, like footy telly pass.

Small Claims Court would determine this.

Easy, on -line too.

On 26/05/2021 at 07:58, No Uniform said:

There is no legal obligation for them to refund for the tickets. However there is a massive moral one.

My credit card company thought there was a legal one, that's why i got my money back

The club, through no fault of their own, could not provide the service i paid for, hence the refund

Guest Grandad
On 26/05/2021 at 07:58, No Uniform said:

There is no legal obligation for them to refund for the tickets.

where has this come from?

3 hours ago, Grandad said:

where has this come from?

According to the season ticket FAQ’s on the official website.  Season tickets are non refundable.  I’ve no idea if that is legal, but it would stink if the club hid behind this in the current situation.

38 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

According to the season ticket FAQ’s on the official website.  Season tickets are non refundable.  I’ve no idea if that is legal, but it would stink if the club hid behind this in the current situation.

That's only if the club are meeting their part of the contract, they haven't because we couldn't watch, this is not fans saying i don't want to watch the rubbish on the pitch so give me my money back, its not being able to go and watch

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, the third man said:

That's only if the club are meeting their part of the contract, they haven't because we couldn't watch, this is not fans saying i don't want to watch the rubbish on the pitch so give me my money back, its not being able to go and watch

Got you and thanks.

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Just because a company says something - or even has it in their T&Cs - doesn't make it legal or enforceable.

(This particular "clause" would, IMO, be ruled to be an "Unfair Term" under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RigBon said:

Just because a company says something - or even has it in their T&Cs - doesn't make it legal or enforceable.

(This particular "clause" would, IMO, be ruled to be an "Unfair Term" under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.)

Cheers.

Legally the club hasn’t got a leg to stand on, fans paid for season tickets to watch championship football, that has now been taken away with relegation.

I understand the problems with cash flow, the chairman has had it tough, we don’t know if the players deferred any of their wages, there is so much we are not privy to.

the one thing you do not do is ostracise the core of your business which is the fans, I honestly think most fans would accept the refund staying in the club with it being credited against future tickets etc. engaging with the fans and keeping us in the loop keeps everything harmonious, simple really

On 28/05/2021 at 21:00, RigBon said:

This is correct.  Parking companies in particular often put T&C's in their "contracts" to park, that are later found to be unfair terms.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thekimmyowl said:

I honestly think most fans would accept the refund staying in the club with it being credited against future tickets etc. engaging with the fans and keeping us in the loop keeps everything harmonious, simple really

At the moment that could be a high risk strategy

if we go into administration you will lose any money you have on account in the club

best to get as much back as you can and start again on your own terms

• Like 2

On 28/05/2021 at 20:36, the third man said:

but they cant meet their part of the contract can they but are still repaying season ticket money but VERY VERY SLOWLY in some cases

Its baffling isn't it?

Chansiri is seen by a few as being honourable, piling his money into the club...but have a look at it....

He sold season tickets to folk the other year without informing them there was a transfer embargo....while not illegal...its at least underhand...By all means spaff yer own money, but he dragged fans into spending theirs while not acquainted with the full facts.

Honourable?

Not paying players, not giving fans refunds ?

Honourable?

Now?...Simply sitting there saying nothing...the club goes to hell in a hand cart?

Honourable...?

Pricing Out Wednesday fans who use POTG?

Honourable?

He's a bloody disaster....He means well etc?...doesn't bloody matter....A tornado has no f.ookin' intent on wrecking buildings...but it happens...

• Like 4

Guest Hornsby
On 28/05/2021 at 20:55, Sham67 said:

What firms say and what is law often differ.

Legally, they must refund.

If not , why do it for a few?