Pulis deal could be a LONG TERM one

No Pulis fan but I’ll back him of course if he gets the job. We’d all like attractive football but let’s be fair the teams that actually play that way are few and far between. We have only had 1season out of the last 20 odd that we have played consistently good football I’d say under Carlos so this should be no real culture shock. The length of the deal is irrelevant, if Pulis sees out his 2.5 years he’s doing a good job and most would probably want him to stay, if he’s crap he’ll be gone end of season and it’ll be up to Chansiri to pay him off. 
I would prefer I long term vision and plan set out but we clearly are not going to get this under DC so we have to hope this roll of the dice comes up good.

• Like 2

I honestly couldn't care less about style of play as long as we win football matches which is something Pulis is used to doing, he's done well at most of the clubs he's been at. Either got them promoted or taken them within a whisker. He's very similar to Megson in style and I seem to recall the majority on here were excited that he had built a big horrible side including the likes of Rob Jones and Chris O'Grady. It was a pleasure to see us bully teams and our players putting themselves about and rival fans coming on here complaining about us roughing up their players. It's all well and good giving the job to someone like Ryan Lowe but he's untested at this level. There is nothing to suggest he'll be a success. How many managers have stepped up from League One and were sacked 6 months later. In our position I think Pulis is exactly what we need. He's no pushover and is very demanding. At the end of the day how many teams in England are attractive to watch? In the Prem maybe 5 or 6 and in the Championship only Brentford are easy on the eye so I don't get why people go on and on about our style. We're an average Championship side and not a Champions League team. People need to remember that

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Just now, vulva said:

Not my choice but you can see where DC is coming from. Time to get behind Pulis and the club. 

That's how I'm trying to see it.

Not exactly thrilled by the appointment, but there's far too many coming across like they want the guy to fail.

I don't get that.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Comment just forwarded to me from my West Brom supporting mate.....

“I always stood by Pulis because he did what it said on the tin - he kept us up. But the football was psss poor at times(excuse French) and he always persisted with playing round pegs in square holes.
You will have to suck it up and see.....”

• Thanks 1

Just now, SiJ said:

That's how I'm trying to see it.

Not exactly thrilled by the appointment, but there's far too many coming across like they want the guy to fail.

I don't get that.

No-one wants him to fail, but many fully expect him to...

44 minutes ago, striker said:

Paxo, who is mates with........Pulis (and tried to get him the job before)

Wondered how long it would take for this to come along 😅

40 odd years ag big jack came and was so confident he would succeed he didn't need a contract, he just got on with the job. If Pukelis is so good give him a deal to end of season then if everones happy extend it at end of season.

I suspect he's after a big payout.......very shady character, palace had to take him to court to get their money back, he's a fraud

6 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Comment just forwarded to me from my West Brom supporting mate.....

“I always stood by Pulis because he did what it said on the tin - he kept us up. But the football was psss poor at times(excuse French) and he always persisted with playing round pegs in square holes.
You will have to suck it up and see.....”

round pegs in square holes. ******** marvellous. 

This appointment goes against the grain. Most of the clubs in the top two divisions deride this way of playing. It’s noticeable that English football has benefited from this more modern approach. As a nation we are now producing players who are comfortable on the ball, creative, in short, modern day footballers. 
Our youngsters are now comfortable operating at top clubs all over Europe. That’s a breakthrough 

My worry is, turning the clock back, and embracing a more attritional brand of football, will set us back years. How can we hope to develop our own youngsters into footballers, able to thrive on a bigger stage? 
A long term Pulis appointment will set us back years

• Like 3