Pulis deal could be a LONG TERM one

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The worrying thing is I think his football has got progressively worse.

Stoke weren't a great side to watch, but they did play direct football with a purpose. 

It's when you start just aimlessly hoofing it that I start to lose the will to live.

The purpose was to get it forward quickly and flood players around the ball in wide areas to win throw ins, corners and free kicks. Load up the box with bigmotherfuckers.

The other tactic was attempt to cripple the oppositions best player early on to scare off anyone who wasnt going to be up for a scrap.

I was at Stoke when they did Jeffers. He was the best player on the pitch for 30 minutes then Shawcross basically ended his career. They tried numerous times to do it to other players too. Just utter shithouse football of the highest degree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Adem Poric said:

The purpose was to get it forward quickly and flood players around the ball in wide areas to win throw ins, corners and free kicks. Load up the box with bigmotherfuckers.

The other tactic was attempt to cripple the oppositions best player early on to scare off anyone who wasnt going to be up for a scrap.

I was at Stoke when they did Jeffers. He was the best player on the pitch for 30 minutes then Shawcross basically ended his career. They tried numerous times to do it to other players too. Just utter shithouse football of the highest degree.

Not a fan then? 

I'm trying to glean any positive I can from this.

Perhaps I'm blinded by Monk getting sacked.

• Like 1

Just now, striker said:

It's a fact. How many fans had been clamouring for Pulis when Monk was sacked? How many wanted him last time?

It’s a fact is it 🤣       Well that’s that then 

59 minutes ago, GlasgOwl said:

Pulis making sure he's well rewarded in the eventuality of failure.

Will be away with a years compo if he fails us next season.

Don't trust him.

Most manager contracts at this level are limited to a 3-6 month compensation pay off, so the length of contract isn't such a big deal.

I'm happy with Pulis to get us out of the mire this season and then I'd hope we'd be in a better position to attract a more modern, footballing manager.

Would be an unusual move for Mr Chansiri to offer a 2.5 year deal though as I'm sure Carvalhal, Jos, Bruce, and Monk were all on rolling contracts...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Most manager contracts at this level are limited to a 3-6 month compensation pay off, so the length of contract isn't such a big deal.

I'm happy with Pulis to get us out of the mire this season and then I'd hope we'd be in a better position to attract a more modern, footballing manager.

Would be an unusual move for Mr Chansiri to offer a 2.5 year deal though as I'm sure Carvalhal, Jos, Bruce, and Monk were all on rolling contracts...

What mire? We are one win from being out of the bottom 3

Why not appoint that manager now?

What I will say is this.

Since Megson left, I think as a club we’ve been a soft touch. At least Pulis will make us nasty to play against.

2.5 years though. Really not sure about that DC. How can you come out and say you didn’t like Bruce’s football and then give Pulis a deal over 2 years. Short-term to get results with this squad, yes. Thinking long-term with him in charge is just not it for me.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

The thing is we really haven’t got the players to play the Pulis way. He doesn’t have a plan B so what the hell is he going to do with this sorry lot? 

Really? I think this squad is perfect for Pulis.

Big lad in Patterson up top for the long ball and knocking defenders about. A bit of pace out wide to chase the said long balls/flick ons. We've got some aggression in midfield in Luongo and Pelupessi. Units at the back in Iorfa and Borner. I'm sure we have a long throw merchant too! lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not sure about long-term. A short term to keep us up would be my ideal choice.

But we’re not in any kind of danger of relegation mate, this seasons a free hit and we should absolutely have taken a chance on Ryan Lowe or Danny Cowley having success with our squad full of talent 

Chansiri was criticised for not giving Monk a longer deal. He was stung by losing Bruce. Not surprised he's giving Pulis a longer deal. Pulis will have sold thr idea of a medium to longer term vision for the club. Emphasising that he needs time and a few transfer windows. Chansiri will have liked what he saw and given him a longer deal. Someone like Pulis, who has been around the Prem for a long time, wouldn't be happy coming here on a short term deal with little time to succeed. That's the reality. But secondly who gives a **** how long the deal is? It doesn't matter. 

• Like 1

Pulis is like....

Wanting to watch a film, so you buy a vhs tape and player. Yes, you can technically watch the film, but with grainy picture and sound so you don't enjoy it. 6 months later you buy a DVD player and watch the film properly in HD. 

Why not just get a DVD player now when you have the oppurtunity and watch it properly. 

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, striker said:

What mire? We are one win from being out of the bottom 3

Why not appoint that manager now?

We've just lost at home to Luton, hammered away to Rotherham, gifted Wycombe their first ever Championship win, and drew at home to Millwall - all without scoring a goal.

We've scored 6 all season.

We've won 1 home game this year.

We've won 3 out of 11 so far.

We'd still only be 21st in the league if we didn't have 6 points deducted. That's below Rotherham and Barnsley.

We can't make squad changes until January.

You don't think we are in the mire?

Seriously, who do you think we could attract to manage us right now?

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1