Pulis deal could be a LONG TERM one

2 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

all we ever asked for was players that will run through brick walls,

I have no idea why this would be all people want. 

Why would you want a team full of idiots that can run around and try their best?

Every now and again kick someone up in the air.

Make sure you can kick it into the box for the big lads.

FOOTBALL

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

Some really bizarre comments in this thread:

The length of the deal: Why are people acting like managers should and will take 1 year deals? he's not a unknown quantity

DIRECT FOOTBALL: Different when VVD punts a 50 yard ball for Liverpool, it's done with 'precision' when a elite club go long, you play whats effective if hoofing the ball is working then you do it, if playing through them works you do it, you have to find a balance and mix it up, i doubt we are going to shell every single ball for 90 minutes.

half of our fanbase live in cuckoo land - i've seen people wanting Slavisa Jokanovic, you know the guy who was in charge of Watford and Fulham apparently wasn't interested in the job last time out and now manages in Qatar on millions, course he's going to come to Sheffield.

Pulis might not be at the top of most peoples list, but the guy is no mug he's managed at the top and in the championship,  we need to be far more realistic as a fan base, all we ever asked for was players that will run through brick walls, the kind of team associated with Pulis, suddenly now we want attacking football possession based football, think too many people are caught in the hype around this type of football 

Some good points there. 

I get the feeling some people think Pulis is going to come in and replace Bannan with a Pelupessy type and it will be land of the giants across our team.

But I am pretty sure Pulis is clever enough to work out that Bannan is our best player and he will like every other manager focus things around him. 

And if he don't then great finally someone would have worked out how we can do well without every thing having to go through bannan all the time.

But the idea that he will come in take one look at Bannan and say no not for me is ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think this will turn out to be a great appointment in the medium/long term. Stability and a tried and tested football man is what we need👍

Of course, if you're one of those people who questions every decision, every goal conceeded, every substitution, every week then no manager will be good enough!

• Like 5

Just now, rickygoo said:

But you didn't say that. You instantly jumped and accused me of making something up and having an "agenda".  Maybe you should look in the mirror. 

Haha, calm down mate , simple error ! I was not aware the owner had spoke as he normally doesn’t 

My bad

4 minutes ago, Django said:

I’ll be delighted if Pulis comes in

A proven manager who knows what he’s doing. Couldn’t care less what the football is like, this club needs dragging back to the PL in any fashion possible 

The likelihood of him dragging us back to the premier league is slim to nil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Some good points there. 

I get the feeling some people think Pulis is going to come in and replace Bannan with a Pelupessy type and it will be land of the giants across our team.

But I am pretty sure Pulis is clever enough to work out that Bannan is our best player and he will like every other manager focus things around him. 

And if he don't then great finally someone would have worked out how we can do well without every thing having to go through bannan all the time.

But the idea that he will come in take one look at Bannan and say no not for me is ridiculous.

He has a way of playing that he has, apparently, not deviated from. Ask Boro fans. 

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Some good points there. 

I don't give a poo what he does with Bannan, I don't want him here because I don't think he will be a good medium to long term appointment for Sheffield Wednesday, and unless he gets us promoted (which I feel is unlikely as we have a far worse squad than he had at Boro) his style will leave us in a similar position to all his previous clubs once he left, you HAVE to change the style to improve at that point but your team is full of athletes and not footballers so you have to rebuild the team and end up exactly where we are now.

DIVISIVE PULIS TOPS WEDNESDAY'S LIST.

Pulis is heading the shortlist to be the next Sheffield Wednesday manager, little more than a year after owner Dejphon Chansiri backtracked on his Chansiri nearly offered the job to Pulis before appointing Garry Monk, who was sacked on Monday. The Owls are in the Championship relegation zone, following a six-point deduction. Pulis is demanding a salary of around £1.5million a year, plus a survival bonus, and clauses which the club are reluctant to approve.

Edited by Bloxwich Owl
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

WTF wants to be the pariahs of British football It’s not “hype” it’s real, and has taken British football out of the dark ages. Many of fans ask why Wednesday don’t produce players who go on to bigger and better things, well this is another example why we don’t 

playing possession based football and keeping the football is a hype, WE MUST PLAY THIS WAY kind of mentality THE SPANISH DO IT  - the one's that had the best passers of a football in the world Iniesta and Xavi in the midfield, you see these kind of transitions in football look at the 5-3-2 3-5-2 formation, suddenly came to light again a few years ago England played it nearly all teams in them prem played it, how many play it now?

I did my FA level two coaching course, for the entirety of it, we was told how we SHOULD be coaching to play possession football, retaining the ball. It was literally forced fed to us we HAD to play this kind of football when we went back into our own clubs. There is no right or wrong way to play football, it's being severely over complicated, the aim is to win, to do that you score more goals than your opponent. Finding the right balance is key, We've just sacked a manager who didn't change his formations and it came back and bit him on the backside, he had no plan B in football you need a plan B for when things ain't working

there is various reasons we don't produce any talent that goes onto anything but that's a topic of its own.

• Love 1

Im always amazed there is not a performance clause in these contracts such as you must acheive x number of points per 20 matches.  So if they do not reach that target then they can be sacked without compensation.  Managers know where they stand and stops this sillyness of getting a payoff for doing a rubbish job.

If I got the sack I would get bugger all. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

I have no idea why this would be all people want. 

Why would you want a team full of idiots that can run around and try their best?

Every now and again kick someone up in the air.

Make sure you can kick it into the box for the big lads.

FOOTBALL

this is exactly the mentality i'm talking about, you're taking it too a massive extreme, Barry Bannan is the smallest player on the pitch HOWEVER runs through brick walls for you, he's one the most composed and creative players in the division, is he a "idiot that can run around and try his best" and "Every now and again kick someone up in the air."

Just because you say runs through brick walls, it doesn't mean you need every single player over 6ft3 and be a sh*thouse

4 minutes ago, Kameron said:

The longer the better for me.  It will give him the time needed to tun the club around and sides at all levels playing the same way.  

That would be us shafted top to bottom for the next 10 years then. A mammoth job to turn round a club full of cloggers and thugs into a football team.

4 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

DIVISIVE PULIS TOPS WEDNESDAY'S LIST.

Pulis is heading the shortlist to be the next Sheffield Wednesday manager, little more than a year after owner Dejphon Chansiri backtracked on his Chansiri nearly offered the job to Pulis before appointing Garry Monk, who was sacked on Monday. The Owls are in the Championship relegation zone, following a six-point deduction. Pulis is demanding a salary of around £1.5million a year, plus a survival bonus, and clauses which the club are reluctant to approve.

I hope Chansiri sees the light and comes to his senses, Appointing this sort of 90's style kick and rush manager isn't what I want to see. One directly from the Charles Hughes school of coaching.

Typical of the Chairman thought if he appoints Pulis. One step forward and 2 steps back in time.

1 minute ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

playing possession based football and keeping the football is a hype, WE MUST PLAY THIS WAY kind of mentality THE SPANISH DO IT  - the one's that had the best passers of a football in the world Iniesta and Xavi in the midfield, you see these kind of transitions in football look at the 5-3-2 3-5-2 formation, suddenly came to light again a few years ago England played it nearly all teams in them prem played it, how many play it now?

I did my FA level two coaching course, for the entirety of it, we was told how we SHOULD be coaching to play possession football, retaining the ball. It was literally forced fed to us we HAD to play this kind of football when we went back into our own clubs. There is no right or wrong way to play football, it's being severely over complicated, the aim is to win, to do that you score more goals than your opponent. Finding the right balance is key, We've just sacked a manager who didn't change his formations and it came back and bit him on the backside, he had no plan B in football you need a plan B for when things ain't working

there is various reasons we don't produce any talent that goes onto anything but that's a topic of its own.

No, no, my point was not necessarily about the systems played. Systems come and go, it’s more about the fact that we are finally producing players who are comfortable on the ball. For years we have been the footballing pariahs of football, and we’re in real danger of being left even further behind 

Pulis is a tactical dinosaur. His methods are crass, but yes, can be effective in the short term, but in long term, it’s detrimental to producing good footballers

46 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

The chat yesterday involved lots of people saying Pulis was OK short term. The aim being to keep us up and pass the baton to a new younger, more forward thinking, progressive manager. A multi-year deal scuppers that thought. 

No it doesn't. If he's bad he'll go. Like any manager. 

• Like 1