Pulis deal could be a LONG TERM one

Guest domSWFC

A big positive of this appointment is definitely going to be watching the England matches with more enjoyment. 

We will all learn a new appreciation of how attacking, creative and beautiful the England team play. 

30 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Think it makes sense, if we are bringing him in then it would be better as a long term project not a short term one. Otherwise, it goes against what most say on here about giving a manager the opportunity to build. No doubt Pulis will keep us up and he has a track record of gaining promotions, so despite the style of football it could be a good match. 

Starting to look inevitable now, so just have to support the team (from a distance) and hope for the best.  I’ll be watching (on iFollow) with interest and a few wins will probably help me accept the situation - at best I’m hoping for something along the lines of a Wilkinson team, but I don’t think we have the players.

There is a lot made of Pulis’s track record, and that’s fair enough given his tenure in the Premier League, but don’t think he shows up that strongly on gaining promotions.  As far as I can see, he has 2 promotions to his name (both as runner-up), which is same as Ryan Lowe and one less than Paul Cook (who gained promoted as Champions on all 3 occasions).

Right, that’s enough moaning, “Pulis had a dream .....”

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wmb said:

Genuine question, if we are getting results and having relative success would you still not watch?

In all honesty, had we been allowed into games, I probably wouldn’t have been tempted to go and watch Monk’s football, so it’s unlikely I would be a regular watcher of the Pulis brand. It’s less about whether or not we are winning games, obviously I want us to win, but if the football is dire, I tend to pick my games. 
When I didn’t enjoy the football in season 2 under Carlos, where incidentally, the football was a lot better than what we saw under Monk, I tended to just go to away games, more for the crack. We also finished 4th, so the success was less important for me than the entertainment. That’s just me though, others feel different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I certainly hope he/whoever is long term, whether that is Pulis or whether it's Pep.

However, what usually happens is that it just means our payout to sack him/whoever is greater in around 18 months time.  

The worrying thing is I think his football has got progressively worse.

Stoke weren't a great side to watch, but they did play direct football with a purpose. 

It's when you start just aimlessly hoofing it that I start to lose the will to live.