Statement from Garry Monk....

Like the majority of us, I'm chuffed he's gone, but I'm not chuffed it didn't work out. It's always sad when we reach the outcome of having to sack a manager.

Still, there's a respectable way to part ways, and this statement (and I'm not sure the cynicism about target audience is entirely warranted) has pretty much nailed it.

• Like 2

I didn't dislike Monk or think he was incompetent as some on here seem to, but saw him rather as a decent manager struggling to overcome the many difficulties managing Wednesday has presented in the past year or so.

Having said that, his reluctance to significantly change things to try to compensate for injuries to key players, and our meek capitulations against Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe, meant he simply had to go.

I'm sure he'll be hurting right now, as he always struck me as a very proud man, but such is the lot of a football manager.

It's a decent statement to make, although I'd question how much responsibility he can claim for our positive points total given that the six point reduction was necessary in order to achieve it.

All in all, I wish him well and just hope that we replace him with a manager capable of better things.

• Like 1

Classy statement from Monk; but to be fair he's always been good at saying the right things. I don't think he's a bad manager, I just think his style is too negative and leaves far too much to fine margins, I honestly don't think it would ever have worked out for him here, but I wish him well in the future.

UTO

Guest Bulgaria
46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Liiiiife is liiiiiike a bax a charklets You never know what the next result will be

lol

0-0 would be a good guess.