Nigel Pearson

The only way Pearson survives with us if if he does a good job and is lured away to another job, one that fans can understand he can’t turn down 

Otherwise one day he WILL get sacked and he will join the list of failed ex-players that managed us. 

Wilson took a relatively stable PL club and ruined them with a combined small time mindset that suited the board down to the ground. It was a monumental ******** up.

As long as Pearson doesn’t do anything like that then I think his time as a player could be separated well from him as a manager. For example would any of our recently sacked managers be given any real aggro? I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, deano said:

Agree, same goes for Chris Turner.

Turner and Wilson both trophy winners for us as players so I will always remember them with the upmost respect.

Neither were great managers for us but that does not diminish their time as players.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

How many managers have departed since 2000 that weren’t sacked?

Bruce is the only one (?)

But I'd say Stuart Gray, Carlos, Brian Laws and Gary Megson have not been ruined.

All the rest have gone to sh!te IMO

• Like 1

I can understand the reasons why, living in Sheffield, he would be concerned about taking the job as Wednesday manager. 

But he needs to be sold a dream.

Nigel Pearson would reignite the flame at this club, he really would pull the fans and club all back together, it would be immense. 

I'm just not sure DC understands or gets it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Womble Owl said:

I can understand the reasons why, living in Sheffield, he would be concerned about taking the job as Wednesday manager. 

But he needs to be sold a dream.

Nigel Pearson would reignite the flame at this club, he really would pull the fans and club all back together, it would be immense. 

I'm just not sure DC understands or gets it. 

Think my gut feeling out of all the mentioned candidates to date is Pearson, hes managed at the top level, done well under the circumstances he has been brought into and as you say in the sentence above.

9 hours ago, Vaughan said:

The only way Pearson survives with us if if he does a good job and is lured away to another job, one that fans can understand he can’t turn down 

Otherwise one day he WILL get sacked and he will join the list of failed ex-players that managed us. 

He's 57 now and I think if he managed us for a few seasons and did well, it could  well be his last managerial job.

Doubt he would get a another gig in the Premier League in his 60's, unless it was by getting us there :ph34r:.

For me he has the best CV of the out of work managers available. My only concern would be his health issues, he might not feel up to taking on another managerial job at this time.

• Like 1

On 07/11/2020 at 19:16, @owlstalk said:

Good interview this - have a listen

Nigel Pearson's 2020

He's had Covid

Heart problems

Rheumatoid Arthritis
His mum's died
Sacked from Watford in July with two games to go in the season
Wasn't given any reason - he says he still doesn't know why

Says no offers have been given to him to manage again
Says he doesn't think any job offers will come along for him at the moment
Says he's made improvements with his health last few months
Says he won't make any decisions on new jobs because of his health

A great Manager but siad he never manage wednesday as family in Sheffield and get too messy so he's out if he's keeps to he's word