Nigel Pearson

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

If he can’t do it at Rotherham at age 22 then he’s probably not going to make it. His window of opportunity for breaking through is shrinking and it’s his own fault for wasting 2-3 years on contractual issues and going to Belgium when what he should have been doing is playing first team football firstly in the lower leagues and then with us

That’s all correctamondo..but he’s now made for life..I’m just glad it’s not us who got suckered(meks a change)..reminds be of that jordan slew gruntbags...got a big money move to Blackburn..did nothing ..now scratching around the lower leagues..he’s at morecambe now..but he will be minted

Guest Jack the Hat
4 hours ago, debram said:

Sadly I don't think it is, chansiri will sack him when the damage is beyond repair, then the merry go round starts again. 

So it is inevitable then?9

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

That’s all correctamondo..but he’s now made for life..I’m just glad it’s not us who got suckered(meks a change)..reminds be of that jordan slew gruntbags...got a big money move to Blackburn..did nothing ..now scratching around the lower leagues..he’s at morecambe now..but he will be minted

Never heard of him but just looked at his wikipedia page. Wow... he's a 28 year old striker who's scored 13 league goals in 10 years, with 3 of those being in his first 11 games when he made the breakthrough at Utd. And only made 151 appearances.

It's surprising he's still in pro football tbh averaging 1.3 goals a season. Even our garbage strikers are on for more than that

I believe Pearson would take the job if it was attractive enough but obviously it’s not at this time and hasn’t been since the first season under DC. 

If we had a structure as a club with a good academy, money in the pot and saleable assets then I think we’d get the likes of Pearson here no problem but sadly we aren’t run very well and invariably end up with players we can’t sell, a crippling wage budget and no

saleable assets. 

This leads To chancers like Monk with his rolling contract who are happy to take a job like us knowing the sack could be round the corner. Sadly we have an all too loyal chairman who sticks with players and managers way longer than he should do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Royal_D said:

The Nigel Pearson obsession is on a par with the Ben Marshall and George Hirst obsessions 

Drop it 

Difference is Pearson would be a good appointment , George hirst is just a lanky kid who isn’t any good . The Ben Marshall obsession was funny 

Edited by james o connor
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, horny owl said:

Pearson seems to be a unhinged weirdo to me

Better option than Monk

But a unhinged weirdo non the less 

Pond street Nora would be an improvement on Monk. What’s your point?

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Good interview this - have a listen

Nigel Pearson's 2020

He's had Covid

Heart problems

Rheumatoid Arthritis
His mum's died
Sacked from Watford in July with two games to go in the season
Wasn't given any reason - he says he still doesn't know why

Says no offers have been given to him to manage again
Says he doesn't think any job offers will come along for him at the moment
Says he's made improvements with his health last few months
Says he won't make any decisions on new jobs because of his health

My dad has Rheumatoid Arthritis, so I kinda know his problems with that. I don't get why he said he said he doesn't think any job offers will come along for him at the moment, then says he won't make any decisions on new jobs because of his health? He's kinda putting himself out there for job offers, but then saying he won't make any decisions on them? If I was chansiri ect. I would be ringing him up and having a chat about everything. Anyway I hope he's keeps on getting better.

8 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

I sympathise with him, I've just recently been diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat and it's tiring, you always feel knackered.

Think we'd be the ideal job for big Nige, no travelling, think he could be tempted especially now with Covid.

I hope you start feeling better soon. Yeah I agree, I think if we approached him he would be swayed if his health was ok.

12 hours ago, jacko1992 said:

The sacking of Monk is inevitable. Act now! 

Sadly I don't think it is inevitable.

Without fans in the ground I honestly think if we stop up, he'll start next season in charge.    It's not what I personally want but i'm certainly not daft enough to understand it's a distinct possibility.

Edited by Salmonbones
  • Love 1