Nigel Pearson

10 hours ago, Lump On said:

Well this seems to have always been the biggest reason putting him off the job. Danny Wilson arguably did tarnish his legacy with us but that as more to do with going to United as manager if anything although his management of the team back in 98/99 was woeful.

I think the time is right now for Pearson, he lives in the city, he's had a bad case of Covid and still recovering so travelling wont be an issue for him and we desperately need a strong minded no nonsense manager with a proven track record. 

I think the fan base would be appreciative that he stepped in when needed no matter how it turns out although I think we would do very well under him.

Agreed. Though his bout of Covid and other illnesses make me think his has come too early for him. 

Unless it's another Brucey situation, where we give him another month off (not watching cricket down under!) and let Bullen man the ship till then?

I do think he has the personality to be a good fit here.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

He did

HIs last three managerial roles have been horrific

As in 'worse than Garry Monk' horrific

I've posted the stats for this three times but not a single Pearson fan has acknowledged it or explained his performance

People are clinging to a dream but the reality, facts and stats say he's worse than Garry Monk

He brought Watford back from having no chance of staying in the premier League to safety.

They then sacked him when they were outside the bottom 3.

That was his last job, so not sure wtf you are talking about, standard.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

He brought Watford back from having no chance of staying in the premier League to safety.

They were 7 points from safety when he got the job .

we have a 6 points deduction. 

they went down .

we would be insane to hire him 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

they went down .

Are you ok? You are just rambling nonsense.

Pearson's record at Watford in the premier league. Played 22, won 7, drawn 5, lost 10. 26 points from 22 games.

For a team that was almost down, they did very well to get out of it and may have stayed up if Pearson had stayed for the last couple of games.

To me that was a successful reign if you isolate Pearsons games.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Are you ok? You are just rambling nonsense.

Pearson's record at Watford in the premier league. Played 22, won 7, drawn 5, lost 10. 26 points from 22 games.

For a team that was almost down, they did very well to get out of it and may have stayed up if Pearson had stayed for the last couple of games.

To me that was a successful reign if you isolate Pearsons games.

Garry monk was also a miracle worker getting us from -12 to second bottom per that logic

and, let’s face it , it’s not for me and you to say how good he was at Watford. It’s for the Watford owners who binned him once it was clear he had failed horribly.

• Haha 1

I don’t take too much interest in previous stats. It’s all about the right manager at the right time. We got it horrendously wrong with Jos or Monk, both tactically and personality wise. Bruce was a brilliant fit, as was Carlos. 

This club, especially at this time, needs a strong, charismatic manager. The club is in a state, but it’s not to late. Big Ron and Charlton were perfect at the time, and I firmly believe Pearson is the man right now.  At this level it’s more about spirit, endeavor and having all the club pulling in the right direction. 

Do I think he’ll take it? Not now. If he was, we’d have heard by now. I don’t buy the ‘won’t manage in the City’ nonsense. If we were half way up the Premier League with a war chest for January, the job would be his. The reason he won’t take it is because the club is in a mess, and for what it’s worth, I don’t think he needs the hassle of working in the current structure.  

Edited by vulva
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

they went down .

Nigel Pearson

If Watford lose their Premier League status this season, it will not be on Pearson.

A return of 26 points from 22 games isn’t just noticeably better than either Gracia or Sanchez Flores managed this season - that kind of return spread over 36 games would put Watford 14th, level with Crystal Palace and a point behind Newcastle United.

Dont let facts get in the way of the agenda...... Do you and Neil want Monk back ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Quist said:

Pearson is hopeless on coaching side. Only time has shown anything is when Craig Shakespeare was with him. he is now at Aston Villa so would be very poor appointment. With health issues just asking for trouble.

appointing someone like Pulis would give me health issues! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

they went down .

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Boom 

Bashed by the big fact stick

I can't workout if you 2 are fishing or serious :wacko:

Watford were dead and buried,  7 points adrift at the bottom of the PL certs for relegation when Pearson took over.

He steadied the ship and got them winning games including handing Liverpool a 3-0 drubbing and their first defeat for 44 games.

When that loony Pozzo sacked him with 2 games left they were 3 points clear of the relegation zone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I can't workout if you 2 are fishing or serious :wacko:

Watford were dead and buried,  7 points adrift at the bottom of the PL certs for relegation when Pearson took over.

He steadied the ship and got them winning games including handing Liverpool a 3-0 drubbing and their first defeat for 44 games.

When that loony Pozzo sacked him with 2 games left they were 3 points clear of the relegation zone.

Come away Tommy it's just not worth it  lol