Nigel Pearson

3 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

For me, we can put "Big" in front of his name and we are always successful under managers with this moniker (Big Jack, Big Ron). So come home Big Nige, it is your destiny.

Good enough fir me - get him in 

P.a I have some mature Cheddar and some Parmesan 

Out of all the candidates mentioned, Pearson seems the best fit. A few concerns about his tendency to fall out with people, but all things considered, he looks the best man for the job It has to be a longer term appointment though, so that we can build something sustainable 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Here you go mate..

*passes him another straw to clutch*

Bit like Peter Eustace 'laid the foundation' for the League Cup win and promotion of 91.

Alan Irvine 'laid the foundation' for promotion under Jones.

Alan Ball 'laid the foundation' for Pep to win the Premier League with Man City.

Recent statistics would say that, a championship club appointing an overseas manager, would be the most likeliest route to success There’s little or no evidence that it’s best to appoint a manager “ who knows his way around the championship” That’s just a lazy cliche, usually spouted by ex footballers

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

That one he laid the foundation for the team that went on to win the league.

They finished 14th after battling relegated for the most of it. Terrible for the future champions. He nearly sold Jamie Vardy! Good job they sacked him as he never would've realised their potential

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

What's your opinion on this?

Well this seems to have always been the biggest reason putting him off the job. Danny Wilson arguably did tarnish his legacy with us but that as more to do with going to United as manager if anything although his management of the team back in 98/99 was woeful.

I think the time is right now for Pearson, he lives in the city, he's had a bad case of Covid and still recovering so travelling wont be an issue for him and we desperately need a strong minded no nonsense manager with a proven track record. 

I think the fan base would be appreciative that he stepped in when needed no matter how it turns out although I think we would do very well under him.

• Like 3
  • Love 1