What has Penney done?

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

“In that frying pan you have to deliver”.

Football folk do use some ridiculous language.

Sounds Sinister... doesn't it?

lol

Maybe Monk was doing the "Fry Up" on Wednesday morning, and Penney was asked to deliver the Bacon to him that morning, but Penney brought Mushrooms...

Monkmanface

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Penney is out of the picture whilst Joey can do no wrong.

It’s like at my place of work where management has its favourites.

What Penney needs, to do well, is for us to get another manager.

I recon if Penney did the work off the ball that Joey did, he might find himself in the squad.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, jomaco said:

And he'll probably end up leaving for nothing having not even given him a run of games

And then it will turn out he was a really good player after all...

Strange is'nt it? Monk has this great system, which needs wing backs. We have a player who wing back would suit down down to the ground.

Result. FROZEN III

• Like 2

It’s to do with. Tweet isn’t it?

Someone tweeted questioning why Penney wasn’t playing and there was a response from Penny’s Twitter feed simply saying something like ‘Dunno either’.

Was deleted but fair chance Monk got to hear I suspect?

12 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

To be fair, Penney has mostly just been unlucky. There are a lot of squad names in the magic lucky dip bag of tactics, formations and player selections.

You can’t expect to have your name pulled out of the bag every week.

He doesn’t just make decisions on a whim, it’s not Championship Manager!

4 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

He doesn’t just make decisions on a whim, it’s not Championship Manager!

Are you sure?

Every time that Odubajo gets selected (squad number 22), Monk can be heard from his office shouting “Two little ducks, quack quack”.

FACT

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

They do and posted what it is/was but we agreed (and they asked) that it should be taken off as it could get people into trouble

*note before anyone starts* this doesn't mean anything illegal or sinister has happened 🤣

If it’s what I’m thinking of .. surely that was a result of not being included in the squad and not the reason from not being in the squad ?

Penney reminds me of Gareth Bale. He had potential only at first but then suddenly exploded with confidence gained from playing in the first team.

Not likely to be as good as, but any half decent manager would be giving him his chance to shine as a future star.

The problem we have is Monk, who sets us up not to lose games rather than trying to win them, and when adopting this mindset, a young, adventurous, risk-taker makes the manager feel uncomfortable, especially when his job is on the line. Therefore Monk picks steadier, more experienced, players he feels might be less adventurous and take less risks. Which basically curtails Penney’s development.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

It’s to do with. Tweet isn’t it?

Someone tweeted questioning why Penney wasn’t playing and there was a response from Penny’s Twitter feed simply saying something like ‘Dunno either’.

Was deleted but fair chance Monk got to hear I suspect?

if that’s all it is then it’s very harsh