What has Penney done?

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Penney reminds me of Gareth Bale. He had potential only at first but then suddenly exploded with confidence gained from playing in the first team.

Not likely to be as good as, but any half decent manager would be giving him his chance to shine as a future star.

The problem we have is Monk, who sets us up not to lose games rather than trying to win them, and when adopting this mindset, a young, adventurous, risk-taker makes the manager feel uncomfortable, especially when his job is on the line. Therefore Monk picks steadier, more experienced, players he feels might be less adventurous and take less risks. Which basically curtails Penney’s development.

Not sure risk taking left backs is the way to go ..   

Somebody beat me to it, but Penney has all the attributes Palmer is lacking. But Palmer gets game time.

Hope Penney can find his way back soon.

30 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Penney is our best young player, ridiculous that he's not part of the first team squad.

We should be developing him and improving him, that can only happen with game time not freezing him out.

He's got to be good enough to take Harris's position at the moment he isn't but no doubt he will get a chance

Instead of all the guesswork and conspiracies I also don’t think it’s a million miles off to suggest that he just simply hasn’t done enough when he had the chance.

First league game he started and was clearly the weak link

Second league game he started and was really poor so he got subbed off and ultimately dropped

Watching some footage of the U23s seems to show him just ambling round the pitch

Equally, whenever he’s played a few games he’s always done ok at the start and then got found out, similar to Dawson I would say.

With Harris banned for 3 games this probably represents his best opportunity to get some minutes on the pitch, so it’s up to him now really...

But personally I haven’t been impressed with what I’ve seen, so it’s hardly a stretch to imagine Monk hasn’t either.

Still, sometimes it’s easier to try and find a solution outside of...hasn’t played and trained well enough 

Occam’s razor applies here IMO

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
6 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

I’ll just drop this here.... 

Looks like Dawson’s in goal for half of those 

31 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

The better question would be what’s he done right? 

I always love threads like this. A slight dig at the club for not playing someone who has proved absolutely nothing 

Why is everything a ‘dig at the club’ ffs

Just debate the topic without dropping that nonsense bomb in ffs

Or to put it another way please tell us what we CAN discuss because under your rules it’s pretty much ZERO 

lol

Owlstalk Shop

24 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

The better question would be what’s he done right? 

I always love threads like this. A slight dig at the club for not playing someone who has proved absolutely nothing 

The thing is that plenty of other players have turned in crap performances this season and still get picked.

I didn’t think Penney was too bad at all in the games he played, we’ve seen far worse individual performances from players this season — players who haven’t been totally frozen out

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Everything? No idea what you’re on about (as usual) but when people are asking why the club have ‘treated’ him like this insinuates that they’ve done wrong against him 

3 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Penney is out of the picture whilst Joey can do no wrong.

It’s like at my place of work where management has its favourites.

What Penney needs, to do well, is for us to get another manager.

Joey actually been one of better players since he came back in. Only bannan was better against Bournemouth. But that doesn't fit a lot of owls fans agenda!  Did I really want us to resign him in summer.. Not really!  But understand why,  limited funds with ffp  rarely injured. So bit of a squad filler but seems to want to get more involved in our play this season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Joey actually been one of better players since he came back in. Only bannan was better against Bournemouth. But that doesn't fit a lot of owls fans agenda!  Did I really want us to resign him in summer.. Not really!  But understand why,  limited funds with ffp  rarely injured. So bit of a squad filler but seems to want to get more involved in our play this season. 

‘agenda’

ffs

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Or to put it another way please tell us what we CAN discuss because under your rules it’s pretty much ZERO 

lol

Not much point debating though as you know what the answer is, you say it isn't anything libelous if it was to be put on here but you won't allow it to be put it on here.