What has Penney done?

Guest LondonOwl313
26 minutes ago, markg said:

He hasn't done anything, at all in a Wednesday shirt. I've not seen anything at all to suggest that he can feel hard done to about not playing

That’s a bit harsh.. I don’t understand selection policy at this club tbh. Penney stood out when he first came through under Jos. I remember I think it was the Derby at bramall Lane on sky and they showed his stats. Was our number 1 in lots of categories like assists and crosses. Then he got fazed out then loaned out.

He comes back in the summer, came on against Walsall in the cup where we’d been dire and he gets the man of the match award. Starts the next two against Cardiff and Watford which were probably the best two performances of the season as it’s been pretty garbage since. Rhodes gets bombed out at the same time.. I know you can argue he’s been off the boil for 3 years but if this season was a fresh start, he was more than adequate in those two games and the other strikers have offered nothing since.

Similarly there’s the Westwood and Hutchinson situations. And the fact that Dawson and Harris have been garbage all year yet never ever get dropped (well Dawson has now but months too late).

The manager is blind and has favourites. Can’t imagine it’s very motivating. Must be quite a few players who view him as a bit of a joke with his team selections tbh

6 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

That’s a bit harsh.. I don’t understand selection policy at this club tbh. Penney stood out when he first came through under Jos. I remember I think it was the Derby at bramall Lane on sky and they showed his stats. Was our number 1 in lots of categories like assists and crosses. Then he got fazed out then loaned out.

He comes back in the summer, came on against Walsall in the cup where we’d been dire and he gets the man of the match award. Starts the next two against Cardiff and Watford which were probably the best two performances of the season as it’s been pretty garbage since. Rhodes gets bombed out at the same time.. I know you can argue he’s been off the boil for 3 years but if this season was a fresh start, he was more than adequate in those two games and the other strikers have offered nothing since.

Similarly there’s the Westwood and Hutchinson situations. And the fact that Dawson and Harris have been garbage all year yet never ever get dropped (well Dawson has now but months too late).

The manager is blind and has favourites. Can’t imagine it’s very motivating. Must be quite a few players who view him as a bit of a joke with his team selections tbh

And he'll probably end up leaving for nothing having not even given him a run of games

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Yep... I’ve been wondering if his being frozen out is related to his contract expiring, but all we can do is speculate really

So are 8 others who are in the first team/bench. 

Lees

Reach

Bannan

Harris

Rhodes

Van Aken 

Pelupessy

Odubajo

And all the loanees.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I actually think he said “in that frying pan you have to do liver” Marconi, that’s the funniest post in all my time of running Owlstalk. Doubt it can ever be beaten.

Thanks Neil.

Edited by marconi

earlier in season i was impressed with penney ,did he come on as sub and do more in 30 mins than 11 did in the whole game?. has monk got a daughter over 18 who penney has secretly been seeing and mr monk has found out? is it that he is m8s with westwood?  has he said something monk didnt like? the world of swfc . 

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I actually think he said “in that frying pan you have to do liver”

I didn’t giggle at yours though. The earlier posters’ do livery was better than yours,

And as always with comedy, it’s about the do livery.