What has Penney done?

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not much point debating though as you know what the answer is, you say it isn't anything libelous if it was to be put on here but you won't allow it to be put it on here.  

I'm not talking about what Penney has done mate

I'm talking about anything and everything being deemed as 'a dig at the club', 'a dig at the chairman' or 'agendas', or 'relentless abuse of Chansiri' as people are suggesting in the last 72 hours

lol

It's mad now - it's gone all conspiracy theory

ps the reason the person who posted about Penney asked me to take it down after I pointed out he could get someone in to bother for spilling the beans,  is simply because it could get someone specific into bother for spilling the beans - no matter how trival the actual reason for Penney's omission could be.

I'd rather not have information on here if it meant it led to someone being disciplined by the club or losing their job - ti's not rght - especially if that person themselves isn't the one posting it.

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not talking about what Penney has done mate

I'm talking about anything and everything being deemed as 'a dig at the club', 'a dig at the chairman' or 'agendas', or 'relentless abuse of Chansiri' as people are suggesting in the last 72 hours

lol

It's mad now - it's gone all conspiracy theory

ps the reason the person who posted about Penney asked me to take it down after I pointed out he could get someone in to bother for spilling the beans is simply because it could get someone specific into bother for spilling the beans - no matter how trival the actual reason for Penney's omission could be.

I'd rather not have information on here if it meant it led to someone being disciplined by the club or losing their job - ti's not rght - especially if that person themselves isn't the one posting it.

Okay mate, fair enough. That makes sense, if the source was someone at the club who it could be traced back to.

To me it seems like he has done something daft, he has recently traveled with the first team squad to away games despite not being in the match day squad and has been playing for the under 23's - looks like he has been disciplined but not cast aside. 

14 hours ago, crookesowl said:

Quote from examinerlive

“When quizzed by Yorkshire Live on whether there is a pathway back for Penney, Monk said there is - but stopped short of saying when that will be.

He said: "Matt will come back. I have no doubt about that.

"He will come back strong and react and when his opportunity comes he has to take it. In that frying pan, you have to deliver."”

What, exactly, did Penney do that was worse than the other players to deserve this treatment? 

He obviously doesn’t doesn’t deliver with his frying pan, sausages undercooked I heard. 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes but that was much later down the line  and not the reason he had been omitted

.....FFS this whole ‘what went on at Christmas’ business gets murkier by the day!

.....and Penney was in Germany!!!

Edited by GMOwl72

Really makes you wander what is going on. Our only left back/left wing back, and he can't even get in a match day 18 ?!

In my opinion did really well in first two games where we played our best football so far this season. Get up and down the pitch all the time, pressed well, defended well, showed some nice touches... His crossing against Cardiff was poor, but he proved many times that he is good crosser of the ball and in 30 minutes against Walsall put in more quality crosses than likes of Harris, Odubajo and Plamer did whole season.

What is it he did so wrong that he is the only player who can't get a look in and another chance ? It is not that our other wing backs are doing great, or anywhere near well enough.

He is one of the best athletes at the club, works really hard, is quick, got good touch and cultured left foot. If those qualities are not enough to try and develop him into player who will solve our lb/lwb problems than I don't know what is. It was painful watching Odebajo struggling to trap the ball and not even trying to put a cross in against Millwall, how can he be seen as a better option ?!

In the end, if Penney is not a solution, why Monk didn't look to bring in another lb/lwb before transfer window closed ?

Whatever the reason it doesn't make sense to me and seems terribly unfair to the player.

• Like 1

Simple reason Penney isn't getting picked is that apart from half a game he's been mostly poor, same can be said about Alex Hunt. 

He'll continue to pick players like Liam Shaw when they've done really well which he had until his unfortunate injury. 

It’s a real shame Penney isn’t getting a chance.

He’s really popular with the fanbase. Every Wednesday fan wants to see him get games and do well for his boyhood club. Ability wise he’s probably one of the most exciting players to come out of our youth setup. 

Personally would go to a 4-3-3 and give Penney the season to make left back his. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, McRightSide said:

He’d be better staying as he is...not playing.

He’s getting better and better each day on here.

TBF that happens with most of our players when they don't get a game, in a few weeks they're superstars lol