THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

slightly different when the man that owns the club is doing it imo. 

Agreed, but it's not the criticism as much as all the vitriolic comments and personal abuse attached to the comments that fans put on social media that must affect the players adversely.

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

I remember the last Wednesday owner who turned on the supporters. That didn't end well, and neither will this. Once you atack the fans you are finished 

i think it is more likely that should the fans consistently attack the owner and cash behind the club it is more likely that we will be finished.

Not sure what else anyone would have wanted Chansiri to say today... except perhaps, “I’m appointing a CEO, a Director of Football and Monk’s getting fired in the morning”

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Should the chairman start the new era of not being massive by asking the club's comms team to stop telling players to use the word in interviews when they sign for us?

If we do end up in L1 it may be considered applicable again so perhaps we should hold fire on that.

1 minute ago, hk_owl said:

i think it is more likely that should the fans consistently attack the owner and cash behind the club it is more likely that we will be finished.

Not sure what else anyone would have wanted Chansiri to say today... except perhaps, “I’m appointing a CEO, a Director of Football and Monk’s getting fired in the morning”

My apologies, I must remember to doff my cap at our saviour. 

• Love 1

Just watched the Staton interview 

IMHO DC came across really really well for first 22 minutes 45 seconds ... 

then when the question was asked about the direction of the club it went downhill rapidly re stadium sale, sponsorship, negative social media ... the last 7 minutes were pretty shambolic IMHO 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

My apologies, I must remember to doff my cap at our saviour. 

That’s the spirit... you can leave your hat on though. But do be careful about biting the hand that is doing the feeding...

14 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

It doesnt upset me. If i was DC id be sick of the criticism as well though

So what is the alternative approach then? 

Do we all just be in agreement that Chansiri is doing a sterling job and everything is absolutely fine?

Just because he has thrown (and wasted) money at his business, doesn't mean that is exempt from any cristismm. Under his watch and ownership we have seen the club go into transfer embargoes more than once, a points deduction penalty, there are way more negative than positives during his tenure here regardless of him being the funder. When he does decide to engage with the fans, it turns into nothing more than him behaving like a spoilt rich brat who expects the whole fanbase to worship the ground he walks on.

This club will end up in a far worse state under his ownership, that is certain.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Just watched the Staton interview 

IMHO DC came across really really well for first 22 minutes 45 seconds ... 

then when the question was asked about the direction of the club it went downhill rapidly re stadium sale, sponsorship, negative social media ... the last 7 minutes were pretty shambolic IMHO 

I think it says something that a few people want to forget the majority and laser in on the last 7 minutes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

So do people think he’s an outright liar then?

I wouldn't say he is an outright liar more of a bull sh1tter.
Which is not 100% bad thing for a Chairman but he needs to develop a thicker skin.
You cant please everyone all the time in football especially in a social media world.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dykwim said:

That’s what he’s just said apparently. I do all my business due diligence by checking social media at the last minute. 🙄

One of the due diligence checks regularly completed before interviews is social media checks. So why would a huge firm not do the same for potential sponsorship? Reputational damage hits revenue far more these days

3 hours ago, full fathom five said:

And the plan going forward is??????.??

Pretty obvious survive in the short term and then reassess when this pandemic is over.

3 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Has he been asked about any ground improvements? Plans for the west stand and north west terrace?

Good grief I give up - No revenue coming in and yep lets ask about a 30 million pound plus project. 

3 hours ago, Grandad said:

image.png.870ba7c8c979b3b5cac23570d6629217.png

I had a multi million deal signed up but fans negativity on social media made him pull out. Greggs the man.

They are nothing but scum and cretins, thats what they are.

Deja Vu.

Only some Grandad only some

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-11-05 at 11.11.12.jpg

We are no where near the size of Man Utd and they have a global brand and the club is nearly worth a billion quid. It's like comparing Harrods and the local shop

Edited by soldierboyblue
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

So what is the alternative approach then? 

Do we all just be in agreement that Chansiri is doing a sterling job and everything is absolutely fine?

Just because he has thrown (and wasted) money at his business, doesn't mean that is exempt from any cristismm. Under his watch and ownership we have seen the club go into transfer embargoes more than once, a points deduction penalty, there are way more negative than positives during his tenure here regardless of him being the funder. When he does decide to engage with the fans, it turns into nothing more than him behaving like a spoilt rich brat who expects the whole fanbase to worship the ground he walks on.

This club will end up in a far worse state under his ownership, that is certain.

So what do you want , DC to walk away and the club to fold?

Need to be careful what you wish for , there are far more horrendous owners across the football world sadly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

So what do you want , DC to walk away and the club to fold?

Need to be careful what you wish for , there are far more horrendous owners across the football world sadly. 

Get ready you'll be accused of using emotional blackmail soon enough, apparently there is always someone to take over and always has been