THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I’m glad he’s finally saying he should’ve sold FF - he’s learning 

I think he’s also been let down by those players who didn’t see the season out on short term contracts with us - FF, Fletch and Fox etc , after handsomely paying them and looking after them for years. This will hopefully make him be a better chairman.

Fox did play on didn’t he? 

Guest Hornsby

As forecast, all the fans' fault.

We lost a billion quid sponsorship deal by tweeting nasty things.

I'd be interested to know the client. 

Like that stops Nike, Adidas, Bet 365, every beer company in the World, etc.

How daft does he think we are?

Just now, Hornsby said:

Arsenal TV for example - have a look at that and then look at Arsenal's sponsorships

"yeah but it's Arsenal"

EXACTLY - So basically that means that sponsors WILL sponsor you regardless

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Isn't that EXACTLY what DC was accused of in this thread ?

Yeah but wasn’t the point I was making when you accused me of ‘preferring a chairman that sued a fan with cancer’.

I was merely stating no Wednesday Owner/Chairman/CEO/Tea Lady had divided the fans opinion like Chansiri does.

To your point he has said things that will cause division, it’s hard for his most ardent backers to deny that. But he’s nowhere near on the scale Allen was, but I never made that accusation to start with and I’m not sure anyone else has.

• Like 1

A firm that is so sensitive to social media negativity probably isn't the type of firm that would sponsor an football club anyway, never mind an average football club in Sheffield anyway. 

Maybe it was John West? perhaps the sponsorship was actually his old man, who dropped the deal when he saw a gif depicting his son as a loveable character from a classic british sitcom 😁

Until he swallows his pride and gets some help in with the day to day running of the club we are going to be in for a real struggle on and off the pitch. He is so contradictory in what he says, one minute he says the players aren’t up to it and are mentally weak and then he goes on to say he expects us to challenge for the play offs. With the combination of the awful Monk and clueless Chansiri we are going to be in for a very Rocky future. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Yeah but wasn’t the point I was making when you accused me of ‘preferring a chairman that sued a fan with cancer’.

I was merely stating no Wednesday Owner/Chairman/CEO/Tea Lady had divided the fans opinion like Chansiri does.

To your point he has said things that will cause division, it’s hard for his most ardent backers to deny that. But he’s nowhere near on the scale Allen was, but I never made that accusation to start with and I’m not sure anyone else has.

Yeah agreed...I just don't class DC along with that fuckingaresewipe.

14 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

social sentiment is a major factor in PR investment decisions by major brands

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

And you genuinely automatically believe that a major brand would quibble about football fans complaining about the bloke who landed us with a 12 point deduction. No scepticism at all?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Until he swallows his pride and gets some help in with the day to day running of the club we are going to be in for a real struggle on and off the pitch. He is so contradictory in what he says, one minute he says the players aren’t up to it and are mentally weak and then he goes on to say he expects us to challenge for the play offs. 

He said that a CEO was a priority for him...perhaps you chose not to read that. He explained that in his business experience he didn't know what CEO did because presumably in Thailand the owner made all the decision as they have all the responsibility it's  about saving face.

7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

And any company coming on here would be appalled on hearing some uncouth uneducated yob calling people fuckingbedwetters🤣

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Haha 1

Guest Hornsby

Fair play, he listens to lawyers and got a good result from a mess he created.

Why can't he just take footy advice from proper people with Championship experience, not daft Doyen etc?

Westy back a big start. 

Wonder if Jackson will now change his mind.