THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

2 minutes ago, owl84 said:

Bang on. He could have said anything in there and the majority would have slated him and changed what he was saying as Owlstalk has been doing throughout. It's boring. 

Just let the bloke answer the questions he's going nowhere.

Wrong - I would have applauded him if he had done the following;

Avoided blaming anyone

Avoided excuses

Spoken in facts, unemotionally

Unveiled a short and long term sustainable strategy

Focused on the majority and thanked the fans for their commitment and apologized for the delayed season ticket refunds.

That would do for starters and as a steward of the club, I don't believe that is beyond the realms of best practice

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Just now, owl84 said:

All the things wrote under the update. Just provide the update then let people discuss it rather than writing things under it not agreeing with what he is say 

Nope - that's not an example

Give me a specific example so we know you haven't just made something up

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I think it also depended on getting into the Premier League. 

£1m a season (which is more in line with what we could realistically get) and then the rest when you get to the prem, that sort of thing? 

Sorry, I just don't believe him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I’ve only read the YL transcript, but from what I have read, I thought he came across well. I genuinely believe he is committed to the success of SWFC. Football is a different and murky business, where business logic doesn’t always apply. He accepts he has faults, yet he demonstrably has commitment.

UTO 

Thought he came across well. Accepted he had made wrong decisions along the way, thought he made sense and made valid points about the EFL and the government. Explain we fell short and will take time to rebuild from that. Not sure you can have that opinion though.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri "When we are in a situation with an embargo, some clubs say ‘you need to cut your wages, you have a problem with FFP and can we get your players for free’."

DON'T GET US INTO EMBARGOS THEN - SIMPLE  

One 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RichieB said:

9 figures is at least £100m

So he's saying we got offered a sponsorship deal worth at least £10m a season for 10 years? 

Can you name me another club in the championship without parachute payments that have a sponsorship deal like that? 

DC is talking out of his backside, when he unveiled Bruce he also told the media that someone offered him £175m for the club and he turned it down. 

lol

If you’re balanced you would acknowledge that part replies on promotion 

So there’s no relevance to asking about another Championship club with that deal

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

That just comes across to me as Chansiri saying I have got more money then you so you will have to do what I want.

Thats exactly what hes saying..like  he said earlier he will sell to the fans if we want to buy him out

1 minute ago, Mystic Neg said:

Wrong - I would have applauded him if he had done the following;

Avoided blaming anyone

Avoided excuses

Spoken in facts, unemotionally

Unveiled a short and long term sustainable strategy

Focused on the majority and thanked the fans for their commitment and apologized for the delayed season ticket refunds.

That would do for starters and as a steward of the club, I don't believe that is beyond the realms of best practice

Has anyone achieved that under a similar barrage of questions?

If they had handed him the questions beforehand he could have given a more qualified response.  Under the circumstances he didn't do terrible, to say hes not fluent in English, some questions trying to get a gotcha moment.  It's a shame we couldn't have delved deeper into some of the responses.   

I'm sure that he would like to have reworded some responses if he could, but it is what is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If they had handed him the questions beforehand he could have given a more qualified response.  Under the circumstances he didn't do terrible, to say hes not fluent in English, some questions trying to get a gotcha moment.  It's a shame we couldn't have delved deeper into some of the responses.   

I'm sure that he would like to have reworded some responses if he could, but it is what is.

I would like to know more about the debt that isn't on the balance sheet. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, owl84 said:

3 - Second time you mentioned this as no one replied first time, why would he need to tell it?  

He doesn't need to.

So he could say "I'm not happy talking about that"

He didn't

He said he could not remember what rent the stadium is being charged at

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I know you are at the opposite end of the spectrum to me on this and I respect that.

I just expect far more than a wheelbarrow load full of money from the person steering us.

Sometimes putting someone on the spot is the best way to find out how capable they are and whilst I respect he is not a master of the English Language, that is no excuse for the message or method of conveying it.

This kind of press conference will do way more damage to our prospects of sponsorship than some pleb on a forum like me saying he's hopeless.

• Like 1
  • Love 1