THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

I read the bit about Steve Bruce differently.

Steve Bruce touted himself for the job and it wasn't Chansiri who pursued him.

Chansiri said he didn't like Bruce's 'style' referring to when Newcastle made their move for him and he said he wanted to go so Chansiri said he wouldn't be able to complete his job here.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Until he swallows his pride and gets some help in with the day to day running of the club we are going to be in for a real struggle on and off the pitch. He is so contradictory in what he says, one minute he says the players aren’t up to it and are mentally weak and then he goes on to say he expects us to challenge for the play offs. With the combination of the awful Monk and clueless Chansiri we are going to be in for a very Rocky future. 

He wants more ! Nothing wrong with that.

• More from the staff.
  • More from the on field managers and coaches.
  • More from Paxio. (I don't know how to spell it )
  • More from the fans. 
  • More from himself.
  • More from the EFL.
  • More from the government.

In fact the only ones carrying any of the load at the moment are Chansiri and Di Marco; That may have a little further to run.

• Like 1

Well all that seems to have been a waste of 2 hours plus. 

Chansiri purports to have learnt a lot over the last 6 years and now thinks he knows as much as someone who has been in football for 15 to 20 years.  Yet there is no evidence of anything but an autocratic chairman who won't delegate and for that matter has no structure in place to be able to delegate, even if he wanted to.

It appears that he has no intention of selling up and no intention of getting rid of Monk, so we're going to carry on drifting down the river with no rudder, no map and no plan.  I despair for the future.  Yes we had the penalty reduced to 6 points yesterday, which was good news, but avoiding relegation is still looking a real challenge (to say the least).  Promotion ????  What's Chansiri been drinking or taking??  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Impossible mate

at times Chansiri said he can't affect anything as Chairman to make us succeed on the pitch, but knows as much about football as a football expert who's been in the game 20 years, but then said  he didn't like Steve Bruce's footballing style and didn't think he could do the job but gave it him anyway, then said the players weren't consistent enough to get promoted but the target this season is promotion 

etc etc etc

but knows as much about football as a football expert who's been in the game 20 years

That's not what he said  or what is meant is it?

I have been here almost six years, I know more than enough to talk with the ones who say they are experts and have been in football for 15 to 20 years.

Basically he's saying after 6 years he now talks with and understands what the experts are telling him and talking about FFS .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

I have been here almost six years, I know more than enough to talk with the ones who say they are experts and have been in football for 15 to 20 years

I have been here almost six years, I know more than enough to talk with the ones who say they are experts and have been in quantam physics for 15 to 20 years

Owlstalk Shop

Sad thing is, Chansiri could have been walking on water today relatively that is compared to the previous few days and weeks and now fans have forgotten that we've scraped 6 points back and we're now discussing a £500m+ sponsorship deal we missed out on.

2 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

I know you are at the opposite end of the spectrum to me on this and I respect that.

I just expect far more than a wheelbarrow load full of money from the person steering us.

Sometimes putting someone on the spot is the best way to find out how capable they are and whilst I respect he is not a master of the English Language, that is no excuse for the message or method of conveying it.

This kind of press conference will do way more damage to our prospects of sponsorship than some pleb on a forum like me saying he's hopeless.

What was wrong with the message. He's right. Have you ever heard of reputational risk?

What is the difference between a minority of fans slagging off DC and the club and an employee slagging off the company they work for in a public forum.

The answer is none.

If your employer found out you'd be disciplined or sacked for the damage you could cause.

He's asking people to apply a little bit of commonsense and be more measured in their public rants.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Just now, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

What was wrong with the message. He's right. Have you ever heard of reputational risk?

What is the difference between a minority of fans slagging off DC and the club and an employee slagging off the company they work for in a public forum.

The answer is none.

If your employer found out you'd be disciplined or sacked for the damage you could cause.

He's asking people to apply a little bit of commonsense and be more measured in their public rants.

Agree with all of this

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

The answer is none.

Big difference actually.  What's the difference between customers slagging off M&S and an employee slagging off M&S?   One works there and draws a salary from there, and the other pays for a product or service there.   While fans may not find alternative clubs to support, they'll certainly find alternative ways to spend their money as seen with attendances slowing dropping. 

4 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

He's asking people what not to write on the internet?  Good luck with that.

1 minute ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

The answer is none.

I'm afraid you've picked the wrong person to talk to about reputational risk.

The difference between an employee doing it and a joe public doing it is that part of an employees contract includes a code of conduct and ethics, that you as an employee are agreeing to. You can be sacked if you breach them and rightly held to account for damaging the company. Freedom of speech entitles joe public to say pretty much whatever they want and if it's about your business it's largely because you are under-delivering on expectations and your customers are dissatisfied.

Reputational risk is something that you can only mitigate by treating your customers well and fairly and ensuring you have plenty of good stories to tell to the press, not bad ones and all influenced by business operations. The better you do that, the less reputational damage you suffer.

Only a fool would think that they can rely on all members of the public without exception to apply a bit of common sense, eh Boris?

What is true though is that it often only takes a minority to spoil things for everyone.

1 minute ago, Mystic Neg said:

I'm afraid you've picked the wrong person to talk to about reputational risk.

The difference between an employee doing it and a joe public doing it is that part of an employees contract includes a code of conduct and ethics, that you as an employee are agreeing to. You can be sacked if you breach them and rightly held to account for damaging the company. Freedom of speech entitles joe public to say pretty much whatever they want and if it's about your business it's largely because you are under-delivering on expectations and your customers are dissatisfied.

Reputational risk is something that you can only mitigate by treating your customers well and fairly and ensuring you have plenty of good stories to tell to the press, not bad ones and all influenced by business operations. The better you do that, the less reputational damage you suffer.

Only a fool would think that they can rely on all members of the public without exception to apply a bit of common sense, eh Boris?

What is true though is that it often only takes a minority to spoil things for everyone.

Ergo it is more likely the sponsors were deterred by the public perception of DC and Sheffield Wednesday being hapless rather than being associated with the rude so and so that voiced it on Twitter

Guest Therealrealist

Utterly bizrre ff gets a mention but no mention of westwood who still trousers 100k a month..no mention of signing a player on crutches..add th that he likes tje idea of charging more when we are doin well kind of puts to bed the fancyfull idea that he would reduce ticket prices in the prem cus of all the tv money

Guest Grandad
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Should the chairman start the new era of not being massive by asking the club's comms team to stop telling players to use the word in interviews when they sign for us?

Well some guys have made the necessary adjustments

image.png.4dc84502144a0bfd6c64ada55588d448.png