THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

3 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

I'm afraid you've picked the wrong person to talk to about reputational risk.

The difference between an employee doing it and a joe public doing it is that part of an employees contract includes a code of conduct and ethics, that you as an employee are agreeing to. You can be sacked if you breach them and rightly held to account for damaging the company. Freedom of speech entitles joe public to say pretty much whatever they want and if it's about your business it's largely because you are under-delivering on expectations and your customers are dissatisfied.

Reputational risk is something that you can only mitigate by treating your customers well and fairly and ensuring you have plenty of good stories to tell to the press, not bad ones and all influenced by business operations. The better you do that, the less reputational damage you suffer.

Only a fool would think that they can rely on all members of the public without exception to apply a bit of common sense, eh Boris?

What is true though is that it often only takes a minority to spoil things for everyone.

That’s one element only.

Now talk about brand heat, sentiment and perception 

So he did the interview just to tell us that it was we who screwed it up? Did he have anything to announce? Or will that happen around midnight, which would be about now? Monk is good because Thai people generally like having monks around? Bruce is bad because Bruce is a name for an Aussie bloke from the backwoods? Jos is good because his name in Finnish means "If"?

Come on..quench my thirst for information. Make Owls Great Again or something..

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Utterly bizrre ff gets a mention but no mention of westwood who still trousers 100k a month..no mention of signing a player on crutches..add th that he likes tje idea of charging more when we are doin well kind of puts to bed the fancyfull idea that he would reduce ticket prices in the prem cus of all the tv money

All he could say is ‘that’s the managers decision’ - which it is

The decision to not sell FF and the consequences of that rests with him

1 minute ago, Manwë said:

Big difference actually.  What's the difference between customers slagging off M&S and an employee slagging off M&S?   One works there and draws a salary from there, and the other pays for a product or service there.   While fans may not find alternative clubs to support, they'll certainly find alternative ways to spend their money as seen with attendances slowing dropping. 

He's asking people what not to write on the internet?  Good luck with that.

No not at all. Whether you draw a salary or not, words matter and either way they can lose a business deal that were in the pipeline.

If you want to make a statement and protest, then follow your own advice and not spend your money, but write to the club privately to tell them why, rather than bringing the club into disrepute.

Former CEO of Google Eric Schmidt

“The context of social networks serving as amplifiers for idiots and crazy people is not what we intended,” 

36 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

He wants more ! Nothing wrong with that.

• More from the staff.
  • More from the on field managers and coaches.
  • More from Paxio. (I don't know how to spell it )
  • More from the fans. 
  • More from himself.
  • More from the EFL.
  • More from the government.

In fact the only ones carrying any of the load at the moment are Chansiri and Di Marco; That may have a little further to run.

Doffing your cap to the autocratic entitled son of a millionaire whose prime - some would say only - quality is a wealthy father. Surely not. 

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

All he could say is ‘that’s the managers decision’ - which it is

The decision to not sell FF and the consequences of that rests with him

I would like to know as there been any effort to terminate his contract..has he ruled out øoan moves etc etc

1 minute ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

No not at all. Whether you draw a salary or not, words matter and either way they can lose a business deal that were in the pipeline.

If you want to make a statement and protest, then follow your own advice and not spend your money, but write to the club privately to tell them why, rather than bringing the club into disrepute.

Former CEO of Google Eric Schmidt

“The context of social networks serving as amplifiers for idiots and crazy people is not what we intended,” 

So never complain about a bus being late?  Never complain about a pasty from Greggs being cold?  Never complain about iFollow not working?  Never complain about being ripped off by an energy company?  Never complaining because your car (make/model) has broken down again?

Just keep it to yourself, and write a letter?

1 minute ago, Mystic Neg said:

Whatever you call them in your language, all things influenced largely by your operational decisions.

They’re totally different things to what you talked about, not different words to describe the same thing

Turns out you really are the wrong person to discuss it with

Just now, Manwë said:

So never complain about a bus being late?  Never complain about a pasty from Greggs being cold?  Never complain about iFollow not working?  Never complain about being ripped off by an energy company?  Never complaining because your car (make/model) has broken down again?

Good analogy

A brand looking for a partner would definitely be put off by lots of negative social sentiment about stuff like that 

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Good analogy

A brand looking for a partner would definitely be put off by lots of negative social sentiment about stuff like that 

Basically dc is trying to shut down negative comments..it really is as simple as that

Just now, Manwë said:

Who exactly are you complaining to in those instances?. If you complain for all those things to the companies in question directly yes, yes , yes yes. They are the ones who can actually do something about it.

Otherwise you are just shouting into the ether on twatter waiting to hear an echo.

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I would guess Westwood has .........................

Guess..like i said ..we dont know do we??

1 hour ago, Lombardo said:

Phew!!! never reado so many pages at once in a single thread...

@theowlsmanI see you gave up 20 pages ago!!!!!

I never started trying Mark.

I was waiting for you to summarise things for me in a few sentences. 🙏🏻👍

Unlike everyone else, I’m too bloody busy working. No furloughing for me. Been working through this bloody nonsense since day 1. 

Is the bottom line, nowt’s changed in any way, we’re still pretty much hook-a-ducked and Monk and the players are the best things since sliced Father Ted? Further more we should be grateful for what we are about to receive Amen?

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 1

The main takeaway from all that is that DC isn’t going to change his ways. The brutal assessment is that his current ways have got us bottom of the league with a points deduction, and a squad with very little value. 

You can spin all this is whatever way you wish. It’s not about blame, it’s about facts. I fear the worst on so many levels. I’ve never doubted DC’s intentions but his reluctance to adapt the way this football cub is run will be his, and our, downfall. I wish him the very best of luck, but this isn’t going to end well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

I feel sorry for DC after reading thecomments on here.

Hes ploughing a small fortune in to this club, to keep it going, at a time when the world is in crisis.

All i see here is his words being totally twisted. Id be in a mind to say f*** you and abandon the club, if i read this thread, in his shoes

Its appalling really and shows that people have no real appreciation for working in a high pressure environment.

The unfortunate thing is someone is I dont imagine people will actually listen to the jnterview. They will take as gospel the commentary provided by people on this thread. DC is not doing a good job, but he is doing a thankless job atm.