THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

1 hour ago, Owlinmad said:

And I'm sure all the "Chansiri should leave the club" comments were well thought out, balanced and politely put.

How does one Politely try and raise the dead. The concept lacks perspective.

• Replacement
  • Finance
  • continuity
  • who would the potential suitors be .

Chansiri is correct on the primary source of our problems which are the problems pervading the game at the moment.The one overriding factor is weakness and cow towing of the EFL which has seen an overarching policy of protectionism towards the EPL. P&S, FFP have been an absolute disaster at every level of the EFL level of the game. Rules and guidance have been handed down and given on the hoof.

A car crash is looming as DC points out C19 has exposed the fragility of the EPL and EFL joint strategy and the lack of seriousness espoused by these two bodies means the |Government need to act when a growing and significant number of clubs are heading for disaster.

All this flies in the face of demands for a new owner. Some of you live in cloud cuckoo land !

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat

For context, in the first fifteen years from being relegated (2000-2015) we finished in the top half of the championship ONCE.

In the first 5 seasons of Chansiri we got to the play offs twice and finished top half twice. He's made a ton of mistakes but it has been on his dollar. People have short memories on here.

1 minute ago, Jack the Hat said:

For context, in the first fifteen years from being relegated (2000-2015) we finished in the top half of the championship ONCE.

In the first 5 seasons of Chansiri we got to the play offs twice and finished top half twice. He's made a ton of mistakes but it has been on his dollar. People have short memories on here.

And in that time Wednesday were operating under financial constraints resulting from mistakes made when we were in the Premier League. Chansiri got a clean sheet to start with and we’re now in a worse place then when he took over. Dave Richards was a hero once. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Or brown nosing him.

lol

Realising that he is keeping the club afloat is not brown nosing him...it's  just looking at things realistically because there are a few clubs on the brink of going to the wall shortly...as for the football side I've been watching us since 1960  and yet don't feel entitled to be in the Champions League...it is what it is

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Why does it have to be a straight choice between Dave Allen or Chansiri?

Why anyone would consider Dave Allen divisive too, which was what generated that baffling response from Davey, is beyond me.

He was disliked across the fanbase from my memory! Definitely not divisive!

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

Realising that he is keeping the club afloat is not brown nosing him...it's  just looking at things realistically because there are a few clubs on the brink of going to the wall shortly...as for the football side I've been watching us since 1960  and yet don't feel entitled to be in the Champions League...it is what it is

The haters won't let go same posters every time

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

I remember it well

We should put it on our honours board

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Why anyone would consider Dave Allen divisive too, which was what generated that baffling response from Davey, is beyond me.

He was disliked across the fanbase from my memory! Definitely not divisive!

Where you on here when anyone who was associatedwith Wednesdayite got slated ?  Including the owner of this site

Edited by daveyboy66

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

My first regular season was 74-75 so I don't have a sense of entitlement either. Nor do I think having money means incompetence, hair-brained schemes and exorbitant pricing should be ignored. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Yes we might not have had the rub of the green with injuries at times.

But at other times we have not helped ourselves by giving generous contracts to players who were injury prone.

Getting rid of experienced medical backroom staff and rushing players back who were injured.

Slight understatement there.

Aside from dismissing the medical staff (which may have been justified considering the appalling fitness/injury issues) these actions were the managers decisions surely? If a player was wanted (either a new signing or contract renewal) by the manager then DC obliged. To do so would invite accusations of not backing the manager. How these players were used was also down to the manager in charge. 
My point is without these injury issues it may well have been a very different situation we find ourselves in and we may have been lauding DC as a hero. It’s fine margins and his actions since have been a reaction to those set of circumstances.

I’m glad he’s finally saying he should’ve sold FF - he’s learning 

I think he’s also been let down by those players who didn’t see the season out on short term contracts with us - FF, Fletch and Fox etc , after handsomely paying them and looking after them for years. This will hopefully make him be a better chairman.

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Where you on here when anyone who was associatedwith Wednesdayite got slated ?  Including the owner of this site

Divisive is what I said. Chansiri is divisive.

Divisive 

used to describe something that causes great and sometimes unfriendly disagreement within a group of people

Allen wasn’t divisive, he sought to cause division. There’s a big difference. 

5 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Divisive is what I said. Chansiri is divisive.

Divisive 

used to describe something that causes great and sometimes unfriendly disagreement within a group of people

Allen wasn’t divisive, he sought to cause division. There’s a big difference. 

Isn't that EXACTLY what DC was accused of in this thread ?

Edited by daveyboy66