THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

1 minute ago, PARKOWL said:

Get ready you'll be accused of using emotional blackmail soon enough, apparently there is always someone to take over and always has been 

I just want basic competence and an understanding of football, its traditions and Sheffield Wednesday’s place within that and in the community of Sheffield. 

• Like 2

Guest hirstysfags
1 hour ago, slinger208b said:

So you think fans will accept the responsibility of causing a sponsorship to fall through because they have nothing better to do than spread their toxicity?..

I'm just saying people would like to know what is going on, not about whether they like what they hear. 

I like DC, he’s obviously got strong ideas on how the club should run and for the most part makes sense.

I don’t we can underestimate the part player injuries have played in the past few years of our underachievement. Obviously on the field it meant that despite considerable investment we couldn’t consistently put out our best 11 which most probably cost us our best chance of promotion in decades. When it comes to moving players on DC talks about hindsight - after that first couple of seasons we should have refreshed our squad but the horrendous injury list meant that our saleable assets were no longer worth what we hoped and ultimately led to them walking away for nothing. It’s financial burdens such as those, and not necessarily reckless actions of our owner, that have held us back over the past 3 seasons imho.

• Haha 1

I don’t doubt that his heart is in the right place, but he doesn't know what he is doing and how to run football club. 

He spent few hundred million on the club?! 

Fans posting on social medija are to blame for lost of a 8 to 10 figure big sponsorship deal?! 

He doesn't know what is CEO?! 

Players are unloyal and gready and manager is not to blame for poor results?! 

Oh, you sad, poor ba5tard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slinger208b said:

So you think fans will accept the responsibility of causing a sponsorship to fall through because they have nothing better to do than spread their toxicity?..

I take full responsibility for causing £10m Sponsorship to fall through after I liked a post making fun of the Cake ball.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Just watched the Staton interview 

IMHO DC came across really really well for first 22 minutes 45 seconds ... 

then when the question was asked about the direction of the club it went downhill rapidly re stadium sale, sponsorship, negative social media ... the last 7 minutes were pretty shambolic IMHO 

The stuff on why we haven’t got a CEO was possibly one of the most reasoned replies he’s ever given. Apart from the bits where he recited his interview with Dom, that was a tad strange. But could’ve been done to avoid a loss in translation to be fair. 

The end wasn’t good as you say.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

So what do you want , DC to walk away and the club to fold?

Need to be careful what you wish for , there are far more horrendous owners across the football world sadly. 

Have I said I want the club to fold? Honestly why do the pro-Chansiri fans use this line time and time again?

No, as repeated by many others,  for him to bring in an experienced head, someone who knows the game and how to deal with the club on a daily basis. Maybe a statement of what direction the club is heading in regards to plans, to try and put any wrongs actually right.

Comments stating how much money he has put in is merely a way of deflecting the underlying issues and actually disguising the fact that with him in control of finances, the clubs in a worse situation now than before he walked into it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

I like DC, he’s obviously got strong ideas on how the club should run and for the most part makes sense.

I don’t we can underestimate the part player injuries have played in the past few years of our underachievement. Obviously on the field it meant that despite considerable investment we couldn’t consistently put out our best 11 which most probably cost us our best chance of promotion in decades. When it comes to moving players on DC talks about hindsight - after that first couple of seasons we should have refreshed our squad but the horrendous injury list meant that our saleable assets were no longer worth what we hoped and ultimately led to them walking away for nothing. It’s financial burdens such as those, and not necessarily reckless actions of our owner, that have held us back over the past 3 seasons imho.

Yes we might not have had the rub of the green with injuries at times.

But at other times we have not helped ourselves by giving generous contracts to players who were injury prone.

Getting rid of experienced medical backroom staff and rushing players back who were injured.

• Like 1