THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

2 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

So you think fans will accept the responsibility of causing a sponsorship to fall through because they have nothing better to do than spread their toxicity?..

Chansiri actually said it was because fans were saying that they were angry that Chansiri landed us a twelve point deduction 

• Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Personal attacks and abuse aren't the same as a business getting negative social media attention.

Alright but I'm pretty sure for about 5 years someone at every club and business in the land will have had some idiot threatening them.

If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen. I'm not saying it is fine, it is simply a reality that the likes of Twitter is full of this stuff and is damaging to society on the whole.

He's used that, something that governments can't control as a stick to beat fans with. Pretty sure when signing up to Twitter you don't have to prove who you support, it could have come from anywhere.

• Love 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri actually said it was because fans were saying that they were angry that Chansiri landed us a twelve point deduction 

of course we are mad about it. I think the fact we got a deduction would put sponsors off, not fans moaning about the deduction. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Was he critical of these players, or the ones that were here last season? I actually have a bit of sympathy for the remarks about Bruce’s style of play, it wasn’t my bag either. Beyond that style of play though, the other attributes that Bruce offered, meant it was worth hiring him. How does that explain the appointment of Monk, and continuing support for him, though? We get neither, the competence of Bruce, nor the chairman’s desire for entertaining attacking football

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

PROMOTION! 

Got rid of CC far too early he's clearly capable of great things as shown in his first season in English football! 

He's the man to take us to the promised land just a shame he's elsewhere doing well!

As you can clearly see I'm a huge CC fan bring him back at all COSTS!!! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I never asked them to take me seriously, this is a site to express your opinion, I'm expressing mine, what's the problem? 

Bang on. He could have said anything in there and the majority would have slated him and changed what he was saying as Owlstalk has been doing throughout. It's boring. 

Just let the bloke answer the questions he's going nowhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Was he critical of these players, or the ones that were here last season? I actually have a bit of sympathy for the remarks about Bruce’s style of play, it wasn’t my bag either. Beyond that style of play though, the other attributes that Bruce offered, meant it was worth hiring him. How does that explain the appointment of Monk, and continuing support for him, though? We get neither, the competence of Bruce, nor the chairman’s desire for entertaining attacking football

As an owner or chairman, there are things that you should share publicly i.e. vision and strategy. And some that you shouldn't, opinions on current or past players attitudes or abilities, allocating blame etc

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Turns out he actually said the sponsorship deal was over 10 years

9 figures is at least £100m

So he's saying we got offered a sponsorship deal worth at least £10m a season for 10 years? 

Can you name me another club in the championship without parachute payments that have a sponsorship deal like that? 

DC is talking out of his backside, when he unveiled Bruce he also told the media that someone offered him £175m for the club and he turned it down. 

lol

• Like 1

I’ve only read the YL transcript, but from what I have read, I thought he came across well. I genuinely believe he is committed to the success of SWFC. Football is a different and murky business, where business logic doesn’t always apply. He accepts he has faults, yet he demonstrably has commitment.

UTO 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, RichieB said:

9 figures is at least £100m

So he's saying we got offered a sponsorship deal worth at least £10m a season for 10 years? 

Can you name me another club in the championship without parachute payments that have a sponsorship deal like that? 

DC is talking out of his backside, when he unveiled Bruce he also told the media that someone offered him £175m for the club and he turned it down. 

lol

I think it also depended on getting into the Premier League.