MONK OUT

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I know the arguments that will be chucked around in favour of Monk staying but despite them, his position is becoming more and more untenable. It has been since March to be fair?

Bottom line whether you want to judge the home form including last season’s results or not, the clear fact is we’re not and not looking like scoring any goals anytime soon. He has to go.

I agree and it's not just the results, it's also the performances, tactics, decisions, it's like he doesn't know what he's doing!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Spot on. He talks a good game Monk and he thinks he’s better than he is. 

The best football we’ve played since Carlos was under Bruce. 4-4-2, players knew their roles and we kept it simple. We don’t have the players to play this crazy way Monk is trying.

The frustrating thing is he’s recruited for this formation, so changing it now will leave us short in certain areas.

More fool the club for backing him in the summer. To back someone after the run we went on from Christmas to the end of last season is just typical Wednesday.

I was surprised he didn’t recruit proper wing backs to say we are going to persist with this formation. 

We don’t even have one out and out LB at the club. But to be honest I’d rather see Palmer play LB in a back 4 than Odubajo at RCB in a 3/5. 

But your spot on, we should never have backed  him after the 2nd half of last season.

• Like 1

Just now, 360wiseowl said:

Penney’s a LB when he’s not frozen out

But Monk has already stated he needed to work on his defensive attributes. So I doubt we will see him there. 

Penney has a bit of Adam Reach 16/17 about him. Lost between knowing if he’s a full back or a winger. Thought LWB would have been ideal for him! But seems he can’t even get in the 18. 

3 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Getting to the point now where I can't stand Monk.

He came on radio Sheffield and I turned off, someone puts a picture of him on here and I want to punch my monitor!

Actually can't stand him tbh!

1 minute ago, 360wiseowl said:

His defensive attributes saw us getting 4 points from 6 against Watford and cardiff. He was then dropped and we’ve now dropped lol

I agree.

It was truly harsh.

I thought he played well in both those games. 

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

If monk is still in charge in May we are in league 1. Our attack is absolutely pathetic. We look about as threatening as a slug. We’ve got no pace or technical ability in the final third and are just full of slow and lightweight triers. Marriott looks league 1 standard at best currently and we can see why derby got rid of him. 

Im losing all interest at the moment. It’s been twenty years of misery now and I can’t carry on feeling like this. They ruin my weekend and this life sentence comes without parole. 

Edited by OrlandoUnTrustful

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Without the 12 point deduction our start to the season would have seen us in the top half of the table.

The added pressure is all down to the chairman lumbering us with a 12 point deduction.

He is the reason we are at the bottom of the league and he is the reason we will get relegated.

Thanks a lot Dejphon.

We'd be 16th...

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Ordinarily I’d say so. But Bruce was doing a good job before he walked. 

Jos and Monk were just absolutely horrific managerial appointments. 

We are all looking too short sighted, it doesn't matter who our manager is. We started on -12 points. We have been a joke for years.

• Like 2

Out of his depth. 

Some of the signings on paper are good, but he isn't getting the best out of them. 

We need someone with experience of getting teams out of a relegation battle, someone to really drag us out of this mess. GM is not that man. 

I never wanted him, was gutted when we did get him but I backed him. I've now lost all patience. 

54 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I actually don't think they are giving 100%.

I watched the game today and there were times they either didn't look bothered or didn't know what to do!

A bit like against Rangers in that pre-season friendly.

In a muddle and listless.

1 hour ago, full fathom five said:

Agreed

What a mess we find ourselves in.

Monk should have gone last season when it was obvious to almost everyone that he wasn't up to it.

Instead we got fed bullsh!t about bad eggs, needs his own coaching staff, hungry players, Reach as a forward, Pelupessy contract extension???? his insistence of sticking with a system that didn't suit the players we had/now have.

Monk's managed to create an even bigger mess than what he started with signing more crocks (when will we ever learn?)and it's gonna cost us years and ££££s to put right to get rid of him and his coaching staff.

Correct!

• Like 1

I now agree he’s had his chance and should be gone but... he’s not going to be sacked, chansiri has backed him with his back room staff and with signings and stand offs with players, there is no way he’s sacking him! even if he did nobody worth their salt would come. Save yourself the stress and accept it.

• Like 1