MONK OUT

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Why did you expect any different?

Monk only said what he did to excuse the horrible form and buy himself time until Summer

Hes a disgrace of a manager and should be immediately fired 

Nope we are as awful as I expected, it was ridiculous keeping him on this season, my point is any suggestion of an excuse has now diminished completely. 

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Carlos didn’t pay the wages or transfer fees mate.

Whats that to do with it? Wilder even though is a pig wouldnt fill his squad up with ageing has beens with no sell on possibilites . Neither would bruce etc . 

If he wants to stay in a job, the following would be a good start:

- Ditch the awful 3-5-2 & play 4-2-3-1.

- Play wingers on their natural side.

- Stop freezing players like Penney out.

- Ignore step 3 & freeze Odubajo out.

- Stop wasting our budget on players that won’t play 35 games a season, regardless of how good they are (i.e. Izzy Brown).

- Stop over analysing the opposition unless they’re better than you. We should be beating teams like Luton by playing our own game.

- Identify an ideal target man & then sign a striker the same as every other on our books.

- Beef up the midfield & wide areas by signing Green & Irvine.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tom22709 said:

Chansiri isn’t gonna hand out contracts to Monk and all his coaching staff to sack him after 7 games. Monks here for the long haul so may aswell just accept it. At least it’s behind closed doors so none of us are wasting our Saturdays anymore

Still makes for a poo weekend after days like today

• Like 1

That’s it for me too, I’ve supported him as much as anyone could but the performance was awful.  And to be frank, I don’t want to pay £10 to watch that standard of football anymore. 
Love the owls, don’t like supporting them these days 

• Like 2

It’s not just the result today. It’s the performance again. It’s just horrible to watch. And has been now for over a year. There’s just nothing there. He’s brought in new players and coaches but the performances are just the same. It’s just bloody depressing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Be careful- we're not allowed this opinion, its a veiled attack on our manager who needs time after bringing in his own staff and recent signings.

The fact that we have now taken 2 points from 12 at home is purely circumstantial and has absolutely no bearing on last seasons horrendous home form which was down to the crowd not backing the team.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, morganowl said:

U on drugs? Did u not attend? See tactics? See the massive squad of ageing injury prone has been users he fetched in. Steve bruce wouldnt and wilder wouldnt have fetched in most of them money grabbing losers carlos signed. 

2 seasons of really good results, followed by 1/2 a season of poor results and injures!

Should have been given chance to build a new squad, he earnt the right!

We wouldn't have been any worse off!

Didn’t see the game, thankfully, but was it down to a lack of fight? From what I’ve seen so far this season we’ve shown fight and spirit in abundance, even on Wednesday night. 

Poor individual quality? Poor formation?

The only thing that will keep monk from being sacked is the fact he’s only just been able to bring in his own coaching staff. Not saying I agree but Chansiri will probably give him more time on the basis of this as opposed to the ****show we have seen all of this year. 

The other thing is that, compared to previous seasons, we don’t seem to have that individual who can create quality out of nothing when it is really needed and when on the whole we have played poorly as a team (Fessi, Wallace, Joao, Hooper)

11 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Younger , Hungrier

lol

It was a nice try inverting the wingbacks  :rolleyes: , but it still doesnt beat the last time we played Luton when he picked Forestieri as left wing back  🤣

Good point, forgot about that!

7 minutes ago, Kameron said:

One home win in a calendar year, that is down to the manager.

That's a very poor record.

It would be interesting if any of our statisticians could discover another manager who's survived such a run in the recent past, and if retaining the said manager bore fruit.

15 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Carlos didn’t get all the players he wanted mate.

Phew good job be more millions wasted . He  wanted everything and everyone . The man is a fraud won nothing in 20 years . 17 jobs and counting he is the best salesman in the world he can chat his way into anything and anyone . If we had a decent manager in 2015 2016 when chansiri splashed 100 million on transfer fees and player contracts we wouldnt be having this morbid chat about the clubs predicument now. 

23 minutes ago, morganowl said:

Whats that to do with it? Wilder even though is a pig wouldnt fill his squad up with ageing has beens with no sell on possibilites . Neither would bruce etc . 

Leon Clarke, Billy Sharp, David McGoldrick. You could argue that they're ageing has beens. The difference being that Wilder is clearly an outstanding man manager 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

2 seasons of really good results, followed by 1/2 a season of poor results and injures!

Should have been given chance to build a new squad, he earnt the right!

We wouldn't have been any worse off!

Well i go home and away and not too many who were at bolton would agree with you they lost 10 in a row and failed to score in 800 mins when they beat us . We play wycombe next saturday brings memories back dont it. 

3 minutes ago, morganowl said:

Phew good job be more millions wasted . He  wanted everything and everyone . The man is a fraud won nothing in 20 years . 17 jobs and counting he is the best salesman in the world he can chat his way into anything and anyone . If we had a decent manager in 2015 2016 when chansiri splashed 100 million on transfer fees and player contracts we wouldnt be having this morbid chat about the clubs predicument now. 

Why are you moaning about Carlos 3 years on? 

Stuart Gray made us a decent side with absolutely fizz all to spend. So did Brian Laws and in parts Dave Jones. 

Monk has a worse record than all three above and plays worse football. 

• Like 5