MONK OUT

10 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Didn’t see the game, thankfully, but was it down to a lack of fight? From what I’ve seen so far this season we’ve shown fight and spirit in abundance, even on Wednesday night. 

Poor individual quality? Poor formation?

The only thing that will keep monk from being sacked is the fact he’s only just been able to bring in his own coaching staff. Not saying I agree but Chansiri will probably give him more time on the basis of this as opposed to the ****show we have seen all of this year. 

The other thing is that, compared to previous seasons, we don’t seem to have that individual who can create quality out of nothing when it is really needed and when on the whole we have played poorly as a team (Fessi, Wallace, Joao, Hooper)

It was a lack of everything!

1 minute ago, Castleford Owl said:

Leon Clarke, Billy Sharp, David McGoldrick. You could argue that they're ageing has beens. The difference being that Wilder is clearly an outstanding man manager 

Yes but those players have scored 50x more goals than our entire team. Probably 500 plus goals . Forget rhodes he is shot.he couldnt cut it in park now. 

34 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Why did you expect any different?

Monk only said what he did to excuse the horrible form and buy himself time until Summer

Hes a disgrace of a manager and should be immediately fired 

Agreed

What a mess we find ourselves in.

Monk should have gone last season when it was obvious to almost everyone that he wasn't up to it.

Instead we got fed bullsh!t about bad eggs, needs his own coaching staff, hungry players, Reach as a forward, Pelupessy contract extension???? his insistence of sticking with a system that didn't suit the players we had/now have.

Monk's managed to create an even bigger mess than what he started with signing more crocks (when will we ever learn?)and it's gonna cost us years and ££££s to put right to get rid of him and his coaching staff.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Why are you moaning about Carlos 3 years on? 

Stuart Gray made us a decent side with absolutely fizz all to spend. So did Brian Laws and in parts Dave Jones. 

Monk has a worse record than all three above and plays worse football. 

S gray had buttons but got loans and got a team together  wage bill was 10 million , carlos took it upto 40 million , which meant ffp ,embargos , 12 points deduction etc also means harder to get decent players . Monk has to go though he is the fault of the mess of a squad he has . We are awful. And all players in reserve are defenders . Only izzy brown is to come back if ever with his injury record. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, morganowl said:

S gray had buttons but got loans and got a team together  wage bill was 10 million , carlos took it upto 40 million , which meant ffp ,embargos , 12 points deduction etc also means harder to get decent players . Monk has to go though he is the fault of the mess of a squad he has . We are awful. And all players in reserve are defenders . Only izzy brown is to come back if ever with his injury record. 

No Carlos wasn’t in control of the finances. He was head coach. The chairman had opportunities to sell players which he didn’t.

Blaming Carlos is so lazy.

• Like 2

Just now, boomshaketheroom said:

Change manager... Fail

Change manager... Fail

Change manager... Fail

I don't think changing the manager is working.

Look at the bigger picture.

Ordinarily I’d say so. But Bruce was doing a good job before he walked. 

Jos and Monk were just absolutely horrific managerial appointments. 

• Like 1

Got to go.

Won’t go. 

Unless it’s a corner, throw, free kick or penalty! I don’t think we ever look like scoring a goal. 

Worst home form I’ve ever known in my time following Wednesday.

No one is telling me he’s getting the best he can out of what’s available! Paterson, Harris and Kachunga have all played in the PL in recent years. Flint and Marriott have both made big money moves in the last couple seasons. Bannan and Reach have proved they are top level Championship players. 

There is enough in that team to stay up!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, boomshaketheroom said:

Change manager... Fail

Change manager... Fail

Change manager... Fail

I don't think changing the manager is working.

Look at the bigger picture.

Gray for Carvalhal - Not a fail

Carvalhal for Luhukay - Fail

Luhukay for Bruce - Not a fail

Bruce for Monk - Fail

• Like 2

Our only goals at Hillsborough this season...

QPR Own Goal. Came from an Adam Reach cross from the left. Hasn’t played there since. 

Paterson against Brentford. Cross from Harris on the right. Next game he swaps him to LWB. 

• Like 2

Yes out, he may have got the players giving 100% but that's not good enough when there are no proper game plans, the players are like headless chickens, monk has no tactical awareness, proper game plan and his team selections and substitutions are poor to say the least, he talks convincingly when interviewed but in practice he's poor, act now Mr C before its too late. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, debram said:

Yes out, he may have got the players giving 100% but that's not good enough when there are no proper game plans, the players are like headless chickens, monk has no tactical awareness, proper game plan and his team selections and substitutions are poor to say the least, he talks convincingly when interviewed but in practice he's poor, act now Mr C before its too late. 

I actually don't think they are giving 100%.

I watched the game today and there were times they either didn't look bothered or didn't know what to do!

• Like 4

We need someone to keep it simple. Nothing complicated. 

We play a 3412 with some crazy goings on within that formation. 

Odubajo is encouraged to go from RCB to RWB which pushes Adam Reach into CM. 

Pelupessy drops between the CBs. 

Flint leaves CB from goal kicks to go RM to win headers. 

Kachunga played behind the striker but ended up covering at LWB. 

Inverted WBs.

It’s too complicated. We persist with a formation we don’t have the personnel for. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

We need someone to keep it simple. Nothing complicated. 

We play a 3412 with some crazy goings on within that formation. 

Odubajo is encouraged to go from RCB to RWB which pushes Adam Reach into CM. 

Pelupessy drops between the CBs. 

Flint leaves CB from goal kicks to go RM to win headers. 

Kachunga played behind the striker but ended up covering at LWB. 

Inverted WBs.

It’s too complicated. We persist with a formation we don’t have the personnel for. 

Spot on. He talks a good game Monk and he thinks he’s better than he is. 

The best football we’ve played since Carlos was under Bruce. 4-4-2, players knew their roles and we kept it simple. We don’t have the players to play this crazy way Monk is trying.

The frustrating thing is he’s recruited for this formation, so changing it now will leave us short in certain areas.

More fool the club for backing him in the summer. To back someone after the run we went on from Christmas to the end of last season is just typical Wednesday.

• Like 1