Who remembers all of this?

If you really wanted to know what Wednesday fans thought of Lucas...You needed to be at the away game at Peteboro' when he got injured and Ola Tidman came on..

Fans were screaming for Lucas to stay on, even though it was obvious he couldn't and Tidman was met with dogs abuse...1-1...Bullen equaliser late on

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

If you really wanted to know what Wednesday fans thought of Lucas...You needed to be at the away game at Peteboro' when he got injured and Ola Tidman came on..

Fans were screaming for Lucas to stay on, even though it was obvious he couldn't and Tidman was met with dogs abuse...1-1...Bullen equaliser late on

Should have just laid Lucas down on the goal line, he would have still been more use than Tidman.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

To be fair...If I recall correctly...The 'Boro goal went in just before the Lucas injury...I could be wrong on that tho''''I had been drinking

The players could see Tidman warming up though, and their heads dropped allowing an easy goal for Boro', Lucas had no chance.

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
3 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Pictures aren't that great

A bit of an understatement Hoots!!😂

What the feck am I looking at????

On 21/10/2020 at 14:58, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I hope you're not squeamish

One minute I'm upright

The next my leg is in a hole in a platform up to the knee.

I'm horizontal, my head is to the right, right leg to the left, left leg deep in the hole, the white shape next to my head is my helmet, I had another couple of feet to fall before I landed on the floor, I dont know how my leg excited the hole.

Screenshot_20201021-144715_Photos.thumb.jpg.de18837045f7b8f21603f4ffe4d4507e.jpg

Screenshot_20201021-144625_Photos.thumb.jpg.562c724072ebcf17981ec97869a147aa.jpg

Is that a UFO? 

• Haha 1

@HOOTIE AND THE poo TU@Lythamowl@Utah Owl

I feel your pain. I snapped my ACL playing at Buxton in pre-season friendly in '94 (I can't remember who we played, but it wasn't Buxton and we won 4-0). Ripped all of my medial meniscus away too. I made a real mess of it. I remember my consultant was Derek Bikkerstaff and he did an excellent job in trying to repair it all. I've two titanium screws in my femur and tibia holding the grafted ACL in place, but like you guys are saying, it's not right to this day, dispite the best efforts of Derek.

I did play again, within 9 months and scored a hattrick on my return, but unfortunately the medial meniscus failed again and now I've nothing there at all as it had to be removed. So that was my football done in my early 20s, and I really did miss playing,

• Like 2
  • Love 1

early 20 'S Broke my leg in three places , foot  just above the knee and upper thigh . was told i would never play again proved them wrong played until aged 56 finished it all after playing in the Unibond over 40's league ,still miss it now to be fair ,Last 20 minutes on the pitch i was aged 60 in the first owlstalk /owls online charity match ,where i got an assist  We lost but was enjoyable ,

• Like 3

13 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

@HOOTIE AND THE poo TU@Lythamowl@Utah Owl

I feel your pain. I snapped my ACL playing at Buxton in pre-season friendly in '94 (I can't remember who we played, but it wasn't Buxton and we won 4-0). Ripped all of my medial meniscus away too. I made a real mess of it. I remember my consultant was Derek Bikkerstaff and he did an excellent job in trying to repair it all. I've two titanium screws in my femur and tibia holding the grafted ACL in place, but like you guys are saying, it's not right to this day, dispite the best efforts of Derek.

I did play again, within 9 months and scored a hattrick on my return, but unfortunately the medial meniscus failed again and now I've nothing there at all as it had to be removed. So that was my football done in my early 20s, and I really did miss playing,

I was due to have my left hip replaced a couple of weeks after the accident to my left knee in 2015

They delayed the hip op (lol) until February 2018 because I was still struggling with the knee

After surgery on my left hip, my left knee ballooned again

My knee is still not right, and the replaced hip gives me pain too

I need the right hip replacing now, but with Covid I'm delaying an operation for as long I can

When I finally get the right hip done, they will have to revisit the left knee.

I've been offered steroid injections to the replacement hip, but my consultant says it's only a 50/50 chance, it can improve matters, but it can make matters worse too

"Okay doc, just write me up another prescription for co-cordamol."

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

On 21/10/2020 at 14:58, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I hope you're not squeamish

One minute I'm upright

The next my leg is in a hole in a platform up to the knee.

I'm horizontal, my head is to the right, right leg to the left, left leg deep in the hole, the white shape next to my head is my helmet, I had another couple of feet to fall before I landed on the floor, I dont know how my leg excited the hole.

Screenshot_20201021-144715_Photos.thumb.jpg.de18837045f7b8f21603f4ffe4d4507e.jpg

Don't worry Hoots.

I've used some technology to help sharpen the image

image.png.89e5cee70f065e85f450e368db3e7339.png

• Haha 2

On 21/10/2020 at 10:54, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I tore the Medial, Anterior, and Posterior ligaments in my left knee in a works accident January 2015

It's still not right now

But yeah, I liked David Lucas

Don't remember much about him, I had to have a drink to watch Wednesday in those days

Lucas Aid I assume Hoots?

Edited by theowlsman

13 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

early 20 'S Broke my leg in three places , foot  just above the knee and upper thigh . was told i would never play again proved them wrong played until aged 56 finished it all after playing in the Unibond over 40's league ,still miss it now to be fair ,Last 20 minutes on the pitch i was aged 60 in the first owlstalk /owls online charity match ,where i got an assist  We lost but was enjoyable ,

Bloody hell. Too be fair, medical science has come long way since the 1920s though.  

• Haha 3