Good window

1 hour ago, IWEDFM said:

We can't complain let's be honest. Given the circumstances and the points deduction recruitment has been far better than we could have expected. The likes of Windass and Patterson will turn out to be key signings in my opinion this season and in the future. Kachunga is proven at this level and on a free is decent business. Loan signings again are proven performers in the Championship. Flint has a wealth of experience and chips in at the other end and Derby fans are gutted they've loaned us Marriott which speaks volumes and Izzy Brown is quality player and is going to be key this season

Feeling very positive. There seems to be a great team spirit around the club from interviews/videos i've seen

We'll get out of this and stay up. I have no doubt about it. A win tomorrow will kick things off

WAWAW

What an excellent and positive post! Well done !

ps I’m sick of happy clapping on my own ..

Play up The Wednesday Boys!

• Like 2

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

I'm never right, if there is a choice between A and B, I always pick the wrong one.

All the signings seem to have something to prove, so hopefully they will get their careers back on course.

I live it when you’re positive!

• Thanks 1

It's a good window because we didn't lose Iorfa or Bannan. I'd have accepted good offers early in the window but losing them late would have been very bad news.

Incomings are good overall, I'd have taken that at the begining of the window.

Now we need to knuckle down and start picking up points.

1 hour ago, LoanRanger said:

Keeping hold of Bannan is also a massive plus. I wouldn't have begrudged him wanting to give Brentford a go given his age.

Absoloutley, fair play to Bannan, if I was him I'd have asked to speak to them.

Without Watkins and Benrahma though it became alot less attractive. 

I think we've done about as good as we could do in our situation. The fact that players wanted to join us is a positive, My only concern as someone else posted is that if we're sticking with this 3 5 2, we don't appear to have addressed the wingback situation. I hope we give Matt Penny a good run as I think he's more than capable with a good engine on him.

21 minutes ago, debram said:

It is if Monk can manage/piece it all together, I have my doubts given his record at swfc. 

This is it. 

Many wanted the older players out as they were deemed wasters. That has happened, the supposed 'bad apples' have gone or are nowhere near involved and we have got a fair few new faces in.

I can't say I am that bothered about Flint but I like Marriott, we have kept Bannan and have a stronger squad now than we did 24 hours ago. Up to the manager and his chosen coaching staff to get the best of of them now as we should be more than 12 points better than at least 3 teams this season over the course of 46 games.  

Given the position we are in I think we have had a decent window.

Realistically we knew that Fletcher was never going to stay, other than that the players that have moved on aren't a great loss at the stage of their careers they are, one or two might have been useful to retain as squad players but not definite starters.

We have added a few that are decent at this level and retained the core base of the side in Iorfa, Bannan and Luongo.

I'd have liked to have seen us move Westwood on given he has no chance of playing under Monk and his wages are significant and we could have done with an experienced left-back but I'm not sure who really fits the bill and is available in that sense. Palmer did well at left-back under Bruce and Penney is an attacking option in that position but Monk doesn't play a formation for full-backs anyway, hope he gives Reach more of a chance down the left as he was our biggest threat against QPR.