The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

I just can't believe they sacked him after winning 4 league games all season, it's an absolute disgrace. 

I mean, who could do better than win 4 league games all season?! Some sort of managerial demi-god...aside from Cwissy Wilder? 

I mean, this man got promoted from League one and then after a season of consolidation got them promoted from the Championship. 

No one, in the history of the universe, has ever achieved such things...aside from such managerial greats as Eddie Howe and Paul Lambert, the latter of whom actually went one better and got back to back promotion, but that is aside from the point. 

Cwissy Wissy of Wilder was different gravy. He was one of their own. He showed loads of pashun and spoke like the normal folk. Caught the bus into work (not his own) and went to the pub like the plebs do. In fact, he had so much pashun and cared about them so much, he used that to get new contracts out of the football club every season. 

Didn't Adkins do back to back promotions at Southampton? Would be hilarious if he was statistically a better manager than the demi- god

4 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I miss Tufty, like I missed Evo when he left.

You never know what they're going to say next, and it's that which provides the entertainment value.

Plus the former's seemingly impossible facial contortions, and the latter's partiality to pies, and lots of them.

And who can forget his pitch invasions, not least when he thought the Millers had beaten us at the New York?

Re' Evo, according to Donny Derek he was ranting and raving for ages after Gillingham let a two-goal lead slip at the weekend.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

Fat b*stard.

Please make him  the new manager   🤣

8 hours ago, Skyline said:

Interesting - Including Knill?

Found it strange that he's still there, in some capacity and wasn't put in charge.  Would fully expect him to walk when CW gets a new job. 

Knill appears to be less involved judging by their last 2 matches. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they haven't sacked him due to not wanting to pay him off, knowing that Wilder will likely want him as soon as he gets another job. 

2 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Probably longest manager to stay in place of a terrible team. Can’t think of any other who has overseen such crap & survived until March. 

Wilder was sacked after they picked up 14 points from 28 league games in the Premier League. 

We gave Garry Monk our backing for the new season after he picked up 17 points from the final 23 Championship games of last season. 

58 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Knill appears to be less involved judging by their last 2 matches. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they haven't sacked him due to not wanting to pay him off, knowing that Wilder will likely want him as soon as he gets another job. 

image.png.121e64c70fdef76cda5f44a7b07b6933.png

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You could be right.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Be very disappointed if Jokanovic gets the job. He’s a very good manager imo. 

Can't see it to be honest considering bogroll wants to cut costs. Jokanovic would be far more expensive than Wilder and he's currently managing in Qatar or Saudi Arabia so will be on a huge packet. They'll end up with Karl Robinson, the cheap option

• Like 1