The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

18 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It's quite masterful really.

Pretty much got himself a new contract every summer by using issues behind the scenes to his advantage.

As you say though, his position of strength wasn't quite what it once was.

Would it be fair to say those above him had been waiting for an excuse to curtail his power and influence? I'd suggest so.

Wouldn’t surprise me. Who has power over what down at S2 seems to have been a sore point for a while.. 

Just read that they're considering Karl Robinson as their new manager. Decent lower league manager by all accounts but not really achieved anything of note. Put it this way i'd have been disappointed had it been us

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Just read that they're considering Karl Robinson as their new manager. Decent lower league manager by all accounts but not really achieved anything of note. Put it this way i'd have been disappointed had it been us

Youve got to be joking. 

This would be amazing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Reading a few other forums this weekend has been interesting.

Demblades seem convinced Howe is a done deal, but can’t be announced yet. Unless palace let their boss go, which seems inevitable, in which case Howe will go to Palace. And if he doesn’t Chrissy will get the Palace job.

Meanwhile on Tyneside old cabbage head is as popular as a Meat pie at a vegan conference. Their overwhelming choice as a replacement being Howe ...... or wilder.

Amazing that two managers who couldn’t keep their teams up are fans favourites.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be fair to wilder, he earned his contract pay rises each season. He got them up, players get rewarded, manager should too. All gone wrong this season obviously. I'm still not sure if he walked away or was pushed. If he walked then the fans are giving him an easy ride really. But then you hear he got a payoff, surely he wouldn't get that for walking. I've probably missed the explanation but was just wondering if owt had been confirmed. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

To be fair to wilder, he earned his contract pay rises each season. He got them up, players get rewarded, manager should too. All gone wrong this season obviously. I'm still not sure if he walked away or was pushed. If he walked then the fans are giving him an easy ride really. But then you hear he got a payoff, surely he wouldn't get that for walking. I've probably missed the explanation but was just wondering if owt had been confirmed. 

On the reward part, I'm not certain on the details, but didn't some players want better contracts these past two seasons and he froze them out/got rid of them instead? 

There's no way humble Mr Sheffield United, the man who publicly criticised money-hungry footballers, saying: "I don't think they're thick. I think they're quite bright. They're quite bright when they want to come and see you about contracts. They're right on the ball for that one", would accept a penny from the club he loves and hold dear.

:ph34r:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Incognito Owl said:

On the reward part, I'm not certain on the details, but didn't some players want better contracts these past two seasons and he froze them out/got rid of them instead? 

Duffy is the prime example.

He was shipped out, sharp.

Lundstrum is an odd one though. Bit part player during their promotion, started well in the PL, refused a new contract on the terms offered yet still played week in, week out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Duffy is the prime example.

He was shipped out, sharp.

Lundstrum is an odd one though. Bit part player during their promotion, started well in the PL, refused a new contract on the terms offered yet still played week in, week out. 

That's the main one I was thinking about.

Isn't Lundstrum a key player now? Maybe that's why, and Duffy was expendable. I wonder where he will end up next season.

2 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

That's the main one I was thinking about.

Isn't Lundstrum a key player now? Maybe that's why, and Duffy was expendable. I wonder where he will end up next season.

Doesn't paint a good picture, does it.

All the others were frozen out, treated like bad eggs yet Lundstrum kept his place. Would cause some unrest I imagine. Remember we're talking about Lundstrum here, not Messi 🧐

Rumours a return to Everton last I heard, but I can't see that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

He 100% walked away. My physio is a blunt who has contacts there and he was told he also tried to walk away in November and January. He fell out with a lot of backroom staff due to his constant chucking the players under the bus to the media hence why no one left with him

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, smhouston said:

He 100% walked away. My physio is a blunt who has contacts there and he was told he also tried to walk away in November and January. He fell out with a lot of backroom staff due to his constant chucking the players under the bus to the media hence why no one left with him

Interesting - Including Knill?

Found it strange that he's still there, in some capacity and wasn't put in charge.  Would fully expect him to walk when CW gets a new job. 

Edited by Skyline
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

I'm not on Twitter, but I thought I'll have a browse for some funny Utd stuff. I don't know if any have already been posted. 

Looks like they must have stuck the vaccination needle through his jacket. It seems to have popped and deflated, assuming it’s the same one he always wears.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

I'm not on Twitter, but I thought I'll have a browse for some funny Utd stuff. I don't know if any have already been posted. 

Smiling because he still hasn't been relegated or sacked.....and he reportedly pocketed £7m after that sh*tshow of a season...tbh I can't blame him

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

s-l400.jpg

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

What was all that Italian style, Sheffield steel boll*x from a few years ago.... they will all be wearing their old school v-neck jumpers next season

1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

What was all that Italian style, Sheffield steel boll*x from a few years ago.... they will all be wearing their old school v-neck jumpers next season

Don't most of them have to wear school jumpers to get in with their kids tickets?

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Interesting - Including Knill?

Found it strange that he's still there, in some capacity and wasn't put in charge.  Would fully expect him to walk when CW gets a new job. 

Yep, including Knill! CW got face on because he felt they was questioning his managing of the team

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, smhouston said:

Yep, including Knill! CW got face on because he felt they was questioning his managing of the team

Ermmmmm....why would anyone do that with the results this season?

Don't they know that 9th place finish makes him their GREATEST EVER MANAGER... distinct lack of respect

• Haha 2