The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

2 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Don't you just love it when this happens?

Certainly.

And to see our humble hero's face contort into a whole range of different expressions.

Like a meek, modest, self-effacing man, in sackcloth and ashes, straining at stool.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Brewster and Mousset both some how contriving to miss from within the 6 yard box within 5 seconds of each other will take some beating this season 

Mousset's in particular.

When you can't score from that range you know your number's up.

Acute goalitis, that's what that was.

3 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Pereira cost the Baggies £9 million apparently, was by far the best player on the pitch.

!/2 the value of,

Brewsters millions, Sandra Berge and Worzel McBurnie

Furlong and Sawyers were the 2 best players on the pitch. 

Both cost a couple of mill? 

They could have easily won that one 2 1 but for 2 shocking misses. I reckon the best thing to happen would be for Prince charmin to stick with Uriah til it's too late, then replace him with someone who demands a total squad overhaul that doesn't work. This then drops em right in the doodoo and they go back down to league 1. Be a nice little journey for em that. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Those open goals from 2 yards out are always deceptively tricky. Especially for a striker who only cost a humble ten million quid. 

I bet Wilder was gurning when he missed that.

Mind you, he was gurning and squinting before kick off.

Football Heaven should be worth listening to tomorrow night.

lol

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I hope they don’t get another point all season. By rights, they shouldn’t have any.

This is true. I used to tell my Blades fan mate that they got every thing going for them, deflections, ref decisions, other teams results (e.g.Leeds falling apart), Billy Sharp "penalties"! , no injuries, etc but he thought it was sour grapes. It was, a bit, and I'm not suggesting Wilder hasn't performed miracles, but margins are wafer thin and a few own goals (which they got) and dodgy penalties (which they got) can make a difference.

In the Fulham game a normally reliable goalscorer (Mitrovic) hit the bar with a penalty to finish the game, then they got a decidedly lucky one themselves to draw, This sort of good fortune happened to them a lot on their way to the PL. It's only happened once this season. Long may it continue and I hope they don't sack Wilder, it will be all the sweeter seeing "one of their own" take them down.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

This is true. I used to tell my Blades fan mate that they got every thing going for them, deflections, ref decisions, other teams results (e.g.Leeds falling apart), Billy Sharp "penalties"! , no injuries, etc but he thought it was sour grapes. It was, a bit, and I'm not suggesting Wilder hasn't performed miracles, but margins are wafer thin and a few own goals (which they got) and dodgy penalties (which they got) can make a difference.

In the Fulham game a normally reliable goalscorer (Mitrovic) hit the bar with a penalty to finish the game, then they got a decidedly lucky one themselves to draw, This sort of good fortune happened to them a lot on their way to the PL. It's only happened once this season. Long may it continue and I hope they don't sack Wilder, it will be all the sweeter seeing "one of their own" take them down.

Yes, that's true.

That said, in a strange way Wilder's been a victim of his own success.

United's players in the Championship, as individuals, weren't any better than ours, if as good.

Obviously they were much better put together, and better managed.

And Wilder used his intimate knowledge of the lower leagues to assemble that team at relatively little cost.

But the problem is that United went up with a team which wasn't really good enough to be there.

It was there because of Wilder, and Wilder only.

Plus the lucky breaks you speak of.

None of the managers we've had would have got near promotion with that outfit.

To stay there United would have needed bigger investment, and/or a knowledge of the European leagues as intimate as that of the lower leagues here.

They have neither, so they're going down.

• Like 2

I'm kind of torn on this.

On one hand, I'd like Tufty to stick around and finish the job of getting the team he loves relegated....... But I've a nasty feeling that if they did go down with him at the helm he'd take them straight back up again.

So in some ways I'd like him to be given the boot. But if that happens, there's always the risk that they'd get a half decent replacement........