The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

35 points to stay up equates to 11wins and a draw from 28 games. Can’t see them getting anything from their next three so that takes it down to 25. They’ve still got trips to Man U Leicester wolves spurs and Everton to look forward to. 
Doesn’t leave much wriggle room. 
bloody lovely 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think Burnley will kick on a little bit, so I don’t think it’ll be stupidly low totals to stay up. But something like 36 is realistic. Massive struggle for them to get there, but still possible.

Most of them I know are resigned to going down, but want to stick with wilder regardless. They seem to think it’ll be easy to go back up. This season and with the current top 3 in the champ, it probably looks that way, but history shows it’s normally one hell of a slog to get back up at the first attempt.

Also, I can’t see many of their players having sale value.  Having spent 130m with loans, and future payments that does not bode well at all. The prince doesn’t have the money to invest, he worth what, 130m?So if they can’t get back at the first attempt they could be in huge trouble, even with parachute payments. If I was in charge I’d be changing the manager now while you still have a small chance of staying up. It looks to me like wilders run out of ideas.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, boxing_day said:

I think Burnley will kick on a little bit, so I don’t think it’ll be stupidly low totals to stay up. But something like 36 is realistic. Massive struggle for them to get there, but still possible.

Most of them I know are resigned to going down, but want to stick with wilder regardless. They seem to think it’ll be easy to go back up. This season and with the current top 3 in the champ, it probably looks that way, but history shows it’s normally one hell of a slog to get back up at the first attempt.

Also, I can’t see many of their players having sale value.  Having spent 130m with loans, and future payments that does not bode well at all. The prince doesn’t have the money to invest, he worth what, 130m?So if they can’t get back at the first attempt they could be in huge trouble, even with parachute payments. If I was in charge I’d be changing the manager now while you still have a small chance of staying up. It looks to me like wilders run out of ideas.

Aren't Burnley being taken over, that would explain why they didn't spend in the summer.... think that will change in the January window with the inclusion of 2/3 quality players making the difference. Probably the only club down there that have cash to spend

And they have a quality manager...I think they should be fine

• Like 3

Brighton have looked a really good side to me on a few occasions this season. They could easily win a few on the spin. 

Burnley have been unlucky missing some key players but they should be ok. It looks like Fulham are rubbish enough for the pigs to be above them but can they sneak above West Brom and one other? 

Normally someone else gets dragged in and I wouldnt be surprised if Villa went into freefall but they already have 14 more points than United. Palace also look like they could slip back in but again are already 4 wins ahead of them.

They will have hope while Burnley are down there struggling. They play Everton at home next week so, with how poor Everton's defence has been, Burnley have a good chance of getting something there.

With Pigs playing Leicester it could be the day there is a bit of daylight between them and safety. Although with about 50 of their biggest diehards singing outside Leicester might not be able to live with the humble heroes.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Brighton have looked a really good side to me on a few occasions this season. They could easily win a few on the spin. 

Burnley have been unlucky missing some key players but they should be ok. It looks like Fulham are rubbish enough for the pigs to be above them but can they sneak above West Brom and one other? 

Normally someone else gets dragged in and I wouldnt be surprised if Villa went into freefall but they already have 14 more points than United. Palace also look like they could slip back in but again are already 4 wins ahead of them.

They will have hope while Burnley are down there struggling. They play Everton at home next week so, with how poor Everton's defence has been, Burnley have a good chance of getting something there.

With Pigs playing Leicester it could be the day there is a bit of daylight between them and safety. Although with about 50 of their biggest diehards singing outside Leicester might not be able to live with the humble heroes.

It says in the Good Book that the meek shall inherit the earth.

No they won't, they'll get relegated.

:pulis:

Look, this isn't bias --but United are down aren't they?  The players know it and the manager knows it..it must be a really weird atmosphere in training.

I keep mentioning Rhian Brewster, because for me his situation is so odd.

The lad wanted out of Liverpool to prove himself, and it seems  his agent sorted him with dem blades as they probably offered the most in wages and they did finish in the top half last year.

The problem is his style and strengths are of no use to united, and club and player must both know it. I imagine he drags himself round training, and gets put on the bench just because you can't have a signing like that in the reserves.

I can see them selling him in January - he's of absolutely no use to them but £20 million in transfer fee might buy them a couple of more suitable players that won't mind playing in the Championship next season when united will have a good chance of coming straight back up. 

15 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Look, this isn't bias --but United are down aren't they?  The players know it and the manager knows it..it must be a really weird atmosphere in training.

I keep mentioning Rhian Brewster, because for me his situation is so odd.

The lad wanted out of Liverpool to prove himself, and it seems  his agent sorted him with dem blades as they probably offered the most in wages and they did finish in the top half last year.

The problem is his style and strengths are of no use to united, and club and player must both know it. I imagine he drags himself round training, and gets put on the bench just because you can't have a signing like that in the reserves.

I can see them selling him in January - he's of absolutely no use to them but £20 million in transfer fee might buy them a couple of more suitable players that won't mind playing in the Championship next season when united will have a good chance of coming straight back up. 

how much did they pay for Brewster ?

Liverpool have first dibs on any future transfers so I reckon they’ll take him back for half what they received from the pigs 

lols 

On 29/11/2020 at 10:08, Ever the pessimist said:

Re the Wilder v Klopp thing, Wilder said Klopp was talking ‘b0llocks’ about the sub thing the other week, hence Klopp singling Wilder out I suppose.

That's strong language from one so humble.

He's meek and he's up the creek.

48 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Liverpool have first dibs on any future transfers so I reckon they’ll take him back for half what they received from the pigs 

lols 

Wasn't it around £23m? Crazy money for an unproven player which we all said. As far as they was concerned though they couldn't lose because they've picked up a gem because Liverpool highly rate him

They are no where near down yet though. They are only 2 wins from being out of the relegation zone. I'm with scram that it'll be a record low points total for safety this season

58 minutes ago, ANDY said:

lols 

So they could buy him back on the cheap, then sell him gain for another profit?

I like it. 

4 minutes ago, markowl said:

The Brewster situation is pigonomics personified 

lol

Think it has highlighted the total panic that they showed when it was clear that they weren't going to be relegated last season and had to improve the squad..... when their success was built on pashun and collective team work

The only surprise is that the obstinate bus driver hasn't continued to start him to try and prove a point about his recruitment.... Which I think speaks volumes in that he knows that Brewster either isn't good enough or doesn't fit their system