The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

25 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Pretty much mate. Also, our strict border controls allow an additional level of protection......although like all good "Prepers" I have my Chatham Islands escape plan drawn up in the event we are breached.

It's like bloody Zombie Apocalypse with them sods!

• Haha 1

Can just picture a whole army of them in various stages of decay shuffling towards you with one shoulder higher than the other (that's them in real life anyway) singing...

Yer fillup my senses (except I aven't got any) etc. etc.

Nightmare vision!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, owls79 said:

Rumour has it from a blade pal that sharp and wilder have fallen out hours before the West Ham game. Didn’t stay for the match I got told.

If true, that is a massive problem for them. 

Sharp is a massive part of their dressing room, being Mr Blunt and a fans favourite. 

If he gets inside others heads it could mean big problems. 

Lundstrum is an odd one too. Other players that refused to sign a new deal or asked for more money were banished and sold ASAP, he however has rejected multiple new offers yet still seems to be in his plans. Albeit on the bench but still getting used. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owls79 said:

Rumour has it from a blade pal that sharp and wilder have fallen out hours before the West Ham game. Didn’t stay for the match I got told.

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Heard the similar

Believed that he should have started

Hard to disagree given the results so far 

Thing is, they have to move on from the likes of Sharp. 

The problem is they seem to have replaced him with a bunch of strikers who can't hit a cow's backside with a banjo atm. 

Let's be honest, as much as we all dislike the fat little runt, he would have bagged one of those chances on Saturday. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Thing is, they have to move on from the likes of Sharp. 

The problem is they seem to have replaced him with a bunch of strikers who can't hit a cow's backside with a banjo atm. 

Let's be honest, as much as we all dislike the fat little runt, he would have bagged one of those chances on Saturday. 

He would if he could have got his Lardy arse in the six yard box in time, without falling over looking for a penalty. 

lol

• Haha 1

Unless Brewster suddenly becomes the next Vardy and leads them to a Leicester Houdini escape,  it looks very unlikely. 

Can’t see them catching and finishing above the likes of Arsenal, Brighton or Palace who are all better sides/players.  

So it comes down to whether they can finish above Fulham, West Brom and Burnley.  I don’t think it will happen 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Wilder doesn’t want to drop McSpurnie, because it’s an admission that his recruitment has been bob and he’s wasted Abhorrence’s money.

As with Berge, Brewster etc.etc....the interesting change is that in the past when a player he has bought doesn't fit they get bombed out very quickly, but he isn't doing this with the expensive signings 

Suspect that he is being stubborn to prove a point ( which isn't working), or hopefully he is believing the hype about him being a great manager and has lost focus

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

As with Berge, Brewster etc.etc....the interesting change is that in the past when a player he has bought doesn't fit they get bombed out very quickly, but he isn't doing this with the expensive signings 

Suspect that he is being stubborn to prove a point ( which isn't working), or hopefully he is believing the hype about him being a great manager and has lost focus

Those two you have mentioned have time on their side..at the moment they are playing in the Premiership, against Premiership teams earning wages that reflect that. 

I would imagine should the inevitable happen, they will look for a move and SUFC will listen to offers.

Let's face it - as with players that signed for Middlesbrough or Hull - they only signed for United as they are a premier league club and probably had little enthusiasm for the club or city in general.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

Those two you have mentioned have time on their side..at the moment they are playing in the Premiership, against Premiership teams earning wages that reflect that. 

I would imagine should the inevitable happen, they will look for a move and SUFC will listen to offers.

Let's face it - as with players that signed for Middlesbrough or Hull - they only signed for United as they are a premier league club and probably had little enthusiasm for the club or city in general.

You can’t be right though. I thought the grunts were everybody’s second team, and therefore it must still be an honour and a privilege to play for them. And don’t forget they are talked about all over the world and lauded for how they play.

Then again, they probably are being talked about across the globe by an international public who can’t quite come to grips with how shît they are (albeit still humble don’t forget).

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

You can’t be right though. I thought the grunts were everybody’s second team, and therefore it must still be an honour and a privilege to play for them. And don’t forget they are talked about all over the world and lauded for how they play.

Then again, they probably are being talked about across the globe by an international public who can’t quite come to grips with how shît they are (albeit still humble don’t forget).

And don’t forget they are playing a style of football no one has seen before. Even Messi must be thinking I should go and play there. And understand how this works. And then his agent whispers in his ear “ they have a bigger shop than Sheffield Wednesday”. Poor old Lionel won’t be able to get a Ryanair flight from Barcelona to East Midlands quick enough

• Haha 9

8 minutes ago, Plonk said:

And don’t forget they are playing a style of football no one has seen before. Even Messi must be thinking I should go and play there. And understand how this works. And then his agent whispers in his ear “ they have a bigger shop than Sheffield Wednesday”. Poor old Lionel won’t be able to get a Ryanair flight from Barcelona to East Midlands quick enough

Their shop is a bit pokey, it's in an L shape with not much space.

Mind you it's bigger than the old shop we had back in the day - that was tiny!

Edited by HarryPlopper

1 hour ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

It's more about Wilder I'd say.

It's the sheer humility of the man which gets to people.

A meek man leading a humble existence.

When the world's population gaze upon that contorted face, they can see that there's God in him.

For 'twas God who sent him amongst us, that we might enjoy football.

• Haha 8

14 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

When the world's population gaze upon that contorted face, they can see that there's God in him.

I wonder what they are paying him after 4 years of humble pay rises... surely he wouldn't accept over £40k p.w.?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

He would hate a post like that, he's so humble. He wears a hair shirt you know.

• Haha 1