Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Carragher was talking about Robertson being out of sorts for city’s 3rd last weekend, but suggested it wasn’t because the players had down tooled 

I disagree. This Liverpool side have got cocky and think they’ve made it 

It looks like they can’t be arsed to match the efforts of the last few years 

I also think teams have worked out how to play against them. The old 2018-2020 tactics are not effective now. They've taken 13 points from 10 games against the bottom sides. That's pathetic for their standards. The Prem has and always will evolve very quickly hence why no one doninates like the Bundesliga or Serie A. 

Guest Bulgaria

Or maybe the billionaire modern footballer just doesn't have that hunger or drive to be consistently good for many seasons?

Liverpool need a freshen up.

32 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I also think teams have worked out how to play against them. The old 2018-2020 tactics are not effective now. They've taken 13 points from 10 games against the bottom sides. That's pathetic for their standards. The Prem has and always will evolve very quickly hence why no one doninates like the Bundesliga or Serie A. 

Good points. I don’t buy the fatigue element either. Plenty of players in the PL have played the same amount of games as Robertson, Mane etc since 2017

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Their squad isn't that good.

The first XI have been flogged like a dead horse and it's starting to tell.

Yep, the replacements for their starting XI (who are mostly late 20s+) are either young kids who haven’t played enough football or just nowhere near the same level as their first choice 11

A club with their resources going in to the season with 3 centre halves was asking for trouble as well - you need two quality players for every position if you’re competing at that level

Leicester have had injuries to key players this season (most notably defenders as well) and they’ve managed the situation far better