• Windass
    • Rhodes
    • Penney
    • Reach
    • Palmer
    • Katchunga

39 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

A truly excellent commentator..

I fondly remember watching him wax lyrical as the Hull City legend  Ken Wagstaffe ran rings around a Sheffield United defence many years ago ....

He can from an era where a journalist really had to work to get to the top. His passion and knowledge is more evident now because of some the called commentators and pundits that have got the gig after finishing their playing careers. 
Listening to Danny Murphy or Michael Brown has me reaching for the butter knife.

i enjoyed Macklin more cos my Dad was a two bit snob who didn’t allow ITV on, so I’d go round to my Grandads house for a cheeky Yorkshire pud whilst watching whoever was on. I seem to remember Sunderland and Newcastle getting a lot of coverage, although as we were being managed by Ashurst at the time I can understand why we weren’t being shown.

• Love 1

Dawson, 7 - A quiet day but handled well what was needed

Iorfa, 8 - sound performance.

Lees, 7 -  Two very competent performances  after both..........................

Van Aken, 7 -  Lees and Van Aken learnt quickly from going through Moore when he was pulling up sharply.

Harris, 8 -  Full tank of fuel, intelligent play.

Penney, 7 - the space he used last week was filled by brown but never the less a competent display.

Bannan, 8 - Totally dominated play in the second half.

Luongo, 7 - hard running, completed the CM triangle.

Brown, 8 - much needed strength in the centre, a few excellent interceptions, including the slide/pass for the first goal. MOM just

Windass, 8 Set the tone for the entire game, great example to all.

Rhodes, 7 - just what he needed he should build on this.

Subs: all sevens played their part.

Very pleased to see Van Aken have a decent match, whilst Windass ran his socks off up front and Brown was well on top of his game, adding more steel and creativity to the midfield.

Although everybody contributed and did their job, for me, it was like the Tom Lees of old, who got my vote. He really bossed the defence and I would imagine that if we were still playing at 11pm tonight, Cardiff would be no nearer scoring than they were in the 90-odd minutes.

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl

An excellent performance all round. Nobody was poor.

Dawson 7 seems to have more confidence this season. Still strange technique at times but did well

Iorfa 8 solid

Lees 8 solid 

van Aken 8 I gave him MOM. To come back after almost two years out and play like that was a credit to him. Much better on the ball than Borner too. Could make the position his own.

Harris 7 did well. I actually really like him at wing back as it gives him more space. His work rate is outstanding.

Penney 6 a bit quiet. Crossing could have been better

Luongo 7 excellent work rate

Bannan 7 as above

Brown 7 loses the ball at times but will be so important to us. Great pass to Windass 

Windass 7.5 looked dangerous and great finish

Rhodes 7 worked hard, won fouls and actually scored. Well done Jordan!

Kachunga 7 was lively. He will be an asset to us which is why it pissed me off that people criticized this signing. Has a bit of pace and annoys defenders. 
Palmer 6 did nothing wrong

Reach 6 did ok but where are his shooting boots from two years ago?

Monk 8. Spot on tactics. We seem a lot more solid.

Just need another 45 games like that. Easy done, right...

6 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I've gone for Luongo for that challenge on the half way line that took their player out and got himself booked

Had he not done that, Cardiff had a charge on our goal with plenty of minutes left

Luongo anchored the midfield and gave Bannan & Brown the freedom they needed to go forward, wonderful stuff. 

Someone remind Harris to take Bennett out of his pocket too 

• Like 1

I euphemistically referred to bringing home a shank of lamb to cheer Snoots when he left the Nuns Chuff. Wel my, her indoors, couldn't get the Lamb so we are more than happy with the leg of pork for todays Sunday roast which I will enjoy to the full.

The result was sound but more importantly the fans for who we have lifted an air of impending and increasing desperation is a relief. I was honestly beginning to think they would take us all down with them.

There'll be dips and recoveries of form but I firmly believe we'll be fine. We have 3 defenders to add to our rear guard and a couple of targets still on the shopping list.     

I picked Brown but it wasn't an easy decision to be fair if I could have voted for Monk I would have.

We played well and lets face it we probably werent even at our best.

All the players put a shift in and showed some fight.

Hopefully take that into the Watford game and lets see if we can get some more points on the board

12 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Keeping Brown fit is so important imo. He looks one hell of a player. 

Yes needs managing properly, keep him for league games for now. 

Windass for me.
Not just for setting things up nicely with the opener, but an all round strikers game. An assist and a long range shot that had the keeper scrambling. Not a target man but an old fashioned inside forward of the type we’ve been missing.

Close run thing between him and Brown though.

Very hard to single out one player,it was a team performance and everyones stuck to their guns,Id go for Harris,never gave up and so much energy up and down that flank,locked it down,but made the runs,always involved never gave up,Im not a fan of Harris,but he caught my attention today with his work rate at both ends of the pitch

On 12/09/2020 at 20:45, Sergeant Tibbs said:

He can from an era where a journalist really had to work to get to the top. His passion and knowledge is more evident now because of some the called commentators and pundits that have got the gig after finishing their playing careers. 
Listening to Danny Murphy or Michael Brown has me reaching for the butter knife.

i enjoyed Macklin more cos my Dad was a two bit snob who didn’t allow ITV on, so I’d go round to my Grandads house for a cheeky Yorkshire pud whilst watching whoever was on. I seem to remember Sunderland and Newcastle getting a lot of coverage, although as we were being managed by Ashurst at the time I can understand why we weren’t being shown.

Especially when he called Prendergast Sunley for a whole game ! True story

Leeds through and through 

• Haha 1

I think the changes Cardiff made (going to 4-4-2) was stupid as it allowed Bannan to do what he does best and control the game - as we had a spare man in the middle. Really bad management from Harris and I hope more teams are managed in a similar fashion. Still, Bannan and the rest of the team capitalised on it superbly. Many great performances, but I gave it to Windass. A goal and an assist. If we can be this lethal in front of goal all season, we will be OK. UTO!

Edited by Daizan10