• Harris
    • Brown
    • Windass
    • Rhodes
    • Penney
    • Reach
    • Palmer
    • Katchunga

Dawson, 7 - surprised he had so little to do, but claimed a couple of crossed well when he needed to

Iorfa, 7 - part of a solid defence, Moore got away from him once at a set piece. Do wish someone would teach him how to take a throw in

Lees, 8 - good battle with Moore all game and won plenty of headers. Maybe Dunkley won’t find the team so easy to break into?

Van Aken, 7 - got stuck in and responded well to being flattened by Morrison. Barely noticed him in second half, which is a good thing.

Harris, 8 - we thought we were buying a wide forward, but he’s actually a better wing back. Full of running, used the ball well.

Penney, 6 - I’m a big fan of his, but he struggled a bit in the first half. Still good experience for him and he’ll have better games.

Bannan, 8 - was going to give him a 7, but ticks over to an 8 as he grew more into the game second half and played a few lovely weighted passes

Luongo, 7 - hard running, made a couple of tactical fouls at the end

Brown, 8 - much needed strength in the centre, a few excellent interceptions, including the slide/pass for the first goal

Windass, 9 - MoM, strong running, always a pest and lovely finish for the first and assist for the second. If plays like this the majority of the games we’ve got ourselves a bargain.

Rhodes, 8 - Felt like he had lead in his boots at times in the first half trying to close them down, but to be fair he threw himself into the path of the centre backs when he could, battled all game, and nicked a goal out of nothing

Subs:

Reach, 7 - actually thought he did really well, ran hard and made a nuisance of himself, and carried the ball well

Kachunga, 7 - a promising cameo, the ball stuck and almost clipped it over the keeper near the end, as well as almost winning a (soft) penalty

Palmer, 6 - struggled slightly, but did a job, was a bit surprised he went on the left and didn’t switch with Harris

• Like 2

Only watched to 52 mins when ifollow froze.

Lees MoM for me. Immense 

Bannan was excellent. Worked really hard defensively.

Windass-Rhodes really promising. 

Harris better as RWB than left.

Dont see anything that makes Penney better than Reach at a LWB. Chasm in class difference.

Thought we were hugely impressive. Great work-rate, great shape, good defending.

Excellent start to the season.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I've gone for Luongo for that challenge on the half way line that took their player out and got himself booked

Had he not done that, Cardiff had a charge on our goal with plenty of minutes left

I went for Brown but admit Loungo did what we normally do not do and it helped win us the game.

He played really well doing the ugly side of the game.

I was delighted with the subs too.Reach played some neat football wonimportant header and looked a player.

Kachunga looked a real threat and well assimilated I am sure will start games.

Everyone did well.

The change in coaching team has definitely made a difference. Our defending and taking of setpieceswere much improved. This was against one of the larger and more physical and demanding sides in Championship who ou wouldthink would challenge us more.

Excellent performance.

• Like 3

Feared for us when I saw the line up and although we were a goal up we were poor for the first 30 mins. We then settled down and were suprisingly comfortable in the 2nd half.

Windass just from Brown for MoM.

Hopefully a confidence boost for the team.

Having a player like Brown means that everything doesn't have to go through Bannan which is a big positive.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Only watched to 52 mins when ifollow froze.

Lees MoM for me. Immense 

Bannan was excellent. Worked really hard defensively.

Windass-Rhodes really promising. 

Harris better as RWB than left.

Dont see anything that makes Penney better than Reach at a LWB. Chasm in class difference.

Thought we were hugely impressive. Great work-rate, great shape, good defending.

Excellent start to the season.

Omg reach can't tackle. He is not and never been a left back. It is so obvious reach is a poor tackler and has poor defensive skills. Penny is the best man and can only improve with experience. Reach best position is between the forwards and midfield with a free reign to give the opposition someone to mark and hopefully give our wing backs a little support and space for them. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

A tough game for Penney. Though I noted he did enough to keep the highly rated Ojo quiet enough.

Penney is going to be immense this season. Desire, Determination, Talent and Loyalty can not all be bought in this game.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Agreed watched it via TV link ....

Cracking picture 

No commentary til just before half time but never missed a beat ...

I preferred the first half without the commentary! TV Link?

I'm still using old school 00s HDMI cable to a laptop?