Kieran Lee

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Being a good footballer doesn't guarantee that you will be a good coach. He's never struck me as a good communicator which you need to be in order to be a good coach.

You've never seen him play then ? He's always talking to those around him especially the younger players.

• Like 1

I've not read it yet but I'm inclined to agree.

In the last 8 games, the periods when he was on the pitch is when we were on top. When he went off, we tended to concede.

His intelligence and team ethic make him an excellent squad player.

On a personal level he is my favourite player since our 90s heydey 

5 hours ago, 83owl said:

Short sighted would be signing a 30odd year old player who has only played 45games in the last 3 seasons purely because they played for us before. 

Love to see the stats on the new crop of players. Sure it would not make comfortable reading, particularly given how few players we have now. Would agree with you if we had three more forwards in than we have now, but the short sighted bit is getting rid of players who could legitimately add value on the speculation the targets you have are viable. Your counter-argument kind of fails there.

A lot of clubs have had delays on saying a public farewell to players due to not knowing for sure if they’ve definitely left or not.

i would hope that the reason we’ve not issued a public thank you - good luck to Nuhiu/Lee is that there’s still a chance they’re returning and not that we’ve just pied them off. I’m not saying I want either to return mind. Just that I hope we have a sense of class about us & I would also think both would take a minute on their socials to thank the fans etc too once it’s all underlined that they’re not returning.

7 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think you can just offer coaching jobs anymore. Think you have got to some sort of FA Coaching qualification before you are allowed to start probably for insurance reasons. 

If Kieron Lee has taken this courses and they is an opening for him in the academy coaching set up then it would be a good appointment.
But I dont believe in giving people a job and a decent wage by the average persons standard just because they were a good ex player and for sentimental reasons.

Bullen...... I'll grab my tin hat lol

5 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Love to see the stats on the new crop of players. Sure it would not make comfortable reading, particularly given how few players we have now. Would agree with you if we had three more forwards in than we have now, but the short sighted bit is getting rid of players who could legitimately add value on the speculation the targets you have are viable. Your counter-argument kind of fails there.

being short of forwards shouldn’t have an effect on if we keep a midfielder or not. We already have Bannan, luongo, Hunt, pelupessy, brown, FDB to take one of 3 Cm spots, plus then any other youngsters if required and also Palmer, reach and windass could drop in there in an emergency. We don’t need an extra player there, especially one who is in decline and in monetary terms is worthless. 

23 minutes ago, 83owl said:

being short of forwards shouldn’t have an effect on if we keep a midfielder or not. We already have Bannan, luongo, Hunt, pelupessy, brown, FDB to take one of 3 Cm spots, plus then any other youngsters if required and also Palmer, reach and windass could drop in there in an emergency. We don’t need an extra player there, especially one who is in decline and in monetary terms is worthless. 

Argue that KL is a different type of midfielder to most of those. Luongo is probably closest but he struggled with injuries last season. Looking at needing 3 CM players in a 5-3-2. If you discount Pelupessey as he is shuffle, that leaves you with three others who you could class as established Championship CM's plus FBD and Hunt. Not exactly flush in any department except CH.

11 hours ago, Prince said:

Let’s quit trying to win games and become a rest home for retiring professional footballers, It seems loads on here would be happy with that.

None of these guys played for us out of love, Correct me if I am wrong but all of them took a decent wage even when unfit to carry out their duties. We need to lose the sentiment and start cheering on the winners and not the try hards but ultimately failed. Our fans are always looking back never forward.

I totally agree. And if another club had offered them an even more decent wage they'd have been off without a goodbye. 

And some fans seem to think too highly of some players who have left. Lee was a decent player at this level but his time is over.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Argue that KL is a different type of midfielder to most of those. Luongo is probably closest but he struggled with injuries last season. Looking at needing 3 CM players in a 5-3-2. If you discount Pelupessey as he is shuffle, that leaves you with three others who you could class as established Championship CM's plus FBD and Hunt. Not exactly flush in any department except CH.

I think if we are looking at adding another I would like it to be a physical ballwinner, that’s what I think we are lacking in there.

Lee of 4 years ago obviously yes he gets in but now I think he’s just making up the numbers and if we have players to do that they may as well be players that can develop into assets rather than someone on the decline.

Edited by 83owl

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If I had to choose between Luongo and Lee it would be Lee. Can't see what Luongo offers, you notice Lee, you don't with Luongo the game to often passes him by, hasn't lived up to his reputation that he came with.

Lee from 4 years ago you mean? He’s been a shadow of the player we had at that time