Kieran Lee

Don’t think the ending of his contract was disrespectful. Just extremely sad that we never got to say goodbye. With 28 appearances last term, surely he proved he was capable of adding value this term. Short sighted by Monk. Not like KL was anything other than the consummate professional who had battled back from injuries that would have seen the likes of Abdi fall apart several times over. Poor from the club and another example of Monk not being able to manage older players who could and would be useful, at least as cover for this season.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 0114 said:

The way he left for a player who served us brilliantly for 8 years just wasn’t right. 

Club hasn’t even acknowledged him leaving or wished him well. I know it’s not a massive thing but sometimes small things count. 

This.

Same with Nuhiu both been with us for a long time and are consummate pros.

A few nice words wouldn't go amiss and costs nothing.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Let’s quit trying to win games and become a rest home for retiring professional footballers, It seems loads on here would be happy with that.

None of these guys played for us out of love, Correct me if I am wrong but all of them took a decent wage even when unfit to carry out their duties. We need to lose the sentiment and start cheering on the winners and not the try hards but ultimately failed. Our fans are always looking back never forward.

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Don’t think the ending of his contract was disrespectful. Just extremely sad that we never got to say goodbye. With 28 appearances last term, surely he proved he was capable of adding value this term. Short sighted by Monk. Not like KL was anything other than the consummate professional who had battled back from injuries that would have seen the likes of Abdi fall apart several times over. Poor from the club and another example of Monk not being able to manage older players who could and would be useful, at least as cover for this season.  

Short sighted would be signing a 30odd year old player who has only played 45games in the last 3 seasons purely because they played for us before. 

I don’t think it’s disrespectful and the opening paragraph refers to a moment that took place in 2016! There were of course other great moments since then such as the goal away at Ipswich to secure play off football and the goal at home to Leeds. 

He ran himself into the ground here literally but the club also got him back from that and to a position whereby he is ready to play again. 

I think Lee’s quality was always so subtle it was easily missed. But by the same token a long spell of injury has diminished that subtle class to the point where it gets drowned out by younger, quicker or more physical players.

The question for monk would be whether he needs that experience in the midfield but we already have Bannan and Luongo in there

I'd have given him a job in the coaching setup. I think he'll struggle to get a steady job at a league 1 or 2 club and championship clubs might not want to take him on with his injury record. Intelligent footballer though, would add something to the backroom

• Love 2

Nothing disrespectful about it, he came to the end of his well paid contract and moved on.

Do the club have to suck everyone off when they leave on social media? I'm sure he will have been thanked privately by all.

We need to move on with young hungry players and stop living in the past. 

Kieran Lee has been a great servant to the club, is well liked and will be missed but life goes on. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Nothing disrespectful about it, he came to the end of his well paid contract and moved on.

Do the club have to suck everyone off when they leave on social media? I'm sure he will have been thanked privately by all.

We need to move on with young hungry players and stop living in the past. 

Kieran Lee has been a great servant to the club, is well liked and will be missed but life goes on. 

If we want young hungry players, why did we give pelepussy a new contract, why have we signed the lad from Wigan with a broken leg? I know we are looking for more energy in the side, but a fully fit KL offers that in bucket loads. If his injuries have caught up with him fair enough. 

Edited by Plonk
  • Like 2