Kieran Lee

15 minutes ago, e6owl said:

I'd have given him a job in the coaching setup. I think he'll struggle to get a steady job at a league 1 or 2 club and championship clubs might not want to take him on with his injury record. Intelligent footballer though, would add something to the backroom

What are his credentials that warrant a job in the coaching setup?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

What are his credentials that warrant a job in the coaching setup?

I imagine about the same as most footballers reaching the end of their careers that make the change. He's a smart footballer, always had a good ability to pick out a pass and one of the best players we've had over the past 20 years when it comes to movement off the ball, he's a good professional and has always worked hard for the club, and has knowledge of the backroom. Give him a job coaching u23 midfielders and go from there. Can't hurt, and u23 coaching doesn't affect ffp anyway, right?

• Like 1

Just now, e6owl said:

I imagine about the same as most footballers reaching the end of their careers that make the change. He's a smart footballer, always had a good ability to pick out a pass and one of the best players we've had over the past 20 years when it comes to movement off the ball, he's a good professional and has always worked hard for the club, and has knowledge of the backroom. Give him a job coaching u23 midfielders and go from there. Can't hurt, and u23 coaching doesn't affect ffp anyway, right?

Maybe he doesn’t want to be a coach

19 minutes ago, e6owl said:

Being a good footballer doesn't guarantee that you will be a good coach. He's never struck me as a good communicator which you need to be in order to be a good coach.

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

The way he left for a player who served us brilliantly for 8 years just wasn’t right. 

Club hasn’t even acknowledged him leaving or wished him well. I know it’s not a massive thing but sometimes small things count. 

I think he would have had a good reaction from fans on the last home game lap of honour, but this year it didn't happen.

Guest Therealrealist

We are such a soppy sentimental fan base..hes gonskis..totally the right decision..if you want to say see yer to him contact him on his socials😉

Probably my favourite player in the last 20 years for up. 

Though I'm not sentimental, it's time to rebuild for me the all so close, but no cigar gruop including carlos needed to go. We needed to freshen things up look forward.

Maybe if both him and Nuhiu were retiring it would have been a nice touch organising a testimonial, but they're both looking for new clubs and still looking to keep playing, so no need for that. A simple thanks for your imput down the years and a handshake by the chairman in his office is good enough for the situation for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

If we want young hungry players, why did we give pelepussy a new contract, why have we signed the lad from Wigan with a broken leg? I know we are looking for more energy in the side, but a fully fit KL offers that in bucket loads. If his injuries have caught up with him fair enough. 

We
We extended his existing contract for the additional year when we were facing 8/10 players leaving so I think it’s just security. It doesn’t look like he’d play much based on what we’ve seen the last two games.

The average age of the squad must’ve come right down with players in their 30s leaving, academy players joining and the new signings being between 20-28?

Edited by Bluesteel

2 hours ago, Prince said:

Let’s quit trying to win games and become a rest home for retiring professional footballers, It seems loads on here would be happy with that.

None of these guys played for us out of love, Correct me if I am wrong but all of them took a decent wage even when unfit to carry out their duties. We need to lose the sentiment and start cheering on the winners and not the try hards but ultimately failed. Our fans are always looking back never forward.

We didn't get a point after lockdown without him did we? But got some while he was playing. He's been out best player for years and we're worse without him than we were with him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, e6owl said:

I don't think you can just offer coaching jobs anymore. Think you have got to some sort of FA Coaching qualification before you are allowed to start probably for insurance reasons. 

If Kieron Lee has taken this courses and they is an opening for him in the academy coaching set up then it would be a good appointment.
But I dont believe in giving people a job and a decent wage by the average persons standard just because they were a good ex player and for sentimental reasons.

3 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Footballers dont have respect for clubs so why should the clubs respect the players, we owe Kieren Lee nothing, SWFC have made him a very rich man & secured his family for life.

The club would show a bit of class if they congratulated him for signing with his new club when he gets one and thanking him for all his years of sterling service. Same with Nuhiu

They could also wait until crowds are back in the stadium and invite him back for a guest appearance before a game to give the fans a chance to give him a cheer. It costs nothing and I'm sure he and a lot of fans would like it.

2 hours ago, Prince said:

Let’s quit trying to win games and become a rest home for retiring professional footballers, It seems loads on here would be happy with that.

None of these guys played for us out of love, Correct me if I am wrong but all of them took a decent wage even when unfit to carry out their duties. We need to lose the sentiment and start cheering on the winners and not the try hards but ultimately failed. Our fans are always looking back never forward.

This 100% ^^^^^^

It took me to being well in to my thirties to realise that footballers are just mercenaries

They go to the club that pays them more, not many have any real loyalties

For the last 30 years I've stopped supporting the players

It's all about the shirt

And like squiggle says, they've all made a lot of money out of Wednesday

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Therealrealist
10 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

This 100% ^^^^^^

It took me to being well in to my thirties to realise that footballers are just mercenaries

They go to the club that pays them more, not many have any real loyalties

For the last 30 years I've stopped supporting the players

It's all about the shirt

And like squiggle says, they've all made a lot of money out of Wednesday

Exactamondo..people actually think hirst sheridan palmer etc love wednesday🤣..only ex player of that generation ive seen on the terraces watchin us is waddle (macclesfield away)

He was good for us, but the injuries and age have made him far from the "young and dynamic" theme we are supposed to be after. We have replaced him - from what I saw last season we wont miss him, but thanks for the memories Kieran - you have been brilliant.