Kenneth Zohore

Guest Kagoshimaowl
6 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Now now are you being sarcastic ? 😁

Because whenever I saw Braithwaite play he was pants.

Was the best forward player on the pitch in the England game the other night.

Been doing a fair bit of reading about Zohore and he sounds like he has a lot more to his game than just a goal scorer. Big and powerful which is imo what we need up top. Someone to win the ball, hold it up and let people like Kachunga and Windass be the goal scorers while he does the nasty work. 

Zohore was awesome at Cardiff, yet seemingly awful at West Brom.

If we get a player somewhere in the middle and give him a bit of love and 'you're our main man' sell in, I reckon he'll do well here.

Of course, slight chance he'll be another Jay Bothroyd though... let's just keep our fingers crossed he wont though hey.

He was hit and miss even at Cardiff. He has all the attributes to be a top flight player because he has skill to go with his athleticism. But it was only really Warnock that got it from him, I think he was available for a free transfer after a few seasons then he turned into Drogba MkII under Colin and he was linked with Everton.

Since then he’s had his suitors but was in and out the Cardiff side with injury before they did sell him. 

I suppose this is why we have a chance of getting him and it’s relatively low risk on loan (notwithstanding our need for goals to stay up) but the success of this if he comes, is down to Monks ability to get the best out of him mentally. Listening to Jacob Murphy and some of the squad recently Monk seems quite into working with players on their mind sets so maybe that is the challenge for him. To do with Zohore what he did with Chris Wood.

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He was hit and miss even at Cardiff. He has all the attributes to be a top flight player because he has skill to go with his athleticism. But it was only really Warnock that got it from him, I think he was available for a free transfer after a few seasons then he turned into Drogba MkII under Colin and he was linked with Everton.

Since then he’s had his suitors but was in and out the Cardiff side with injury before they did sell him. 

I suppose this is why we have a chance of getting him and it’s relatively low risk on loan (notwithstanding our need for goals to stay up) but the success of this if he comes, is down to Monks ability to get the best out of him mentally. Listening to Jacob Murphy and some of the squad recently Monk seems quite into working with players on their mind sets so maybe that is the challenge for him. To do with Zohore what he did with Chris Wood.

Kevin Beattie is fast garnering a reputation for this type of intervention too !