Sammy and Nando

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Very professional for a professional footballer is that.

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Very professional for a professional footballer is that.

There were videos on SWFC's website of him at training 2 weeks before his contract finished and he putting himself about and making tackles. He wasn't shirking even though he knew he would be off as Monk hadn't offered him a new contract and he wouldn't be playing him in the 2 games he was eligible for no matter what.

6 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

There were videos on SWFC's website of him at training 2 weeks before his contract finished and he putting himself about and making tackles. He wasn't shirking even though he knew he would be off as Monk hadn't offered him a new contract and he wouldn't be playing him in the 2 games he was eligible for no matter what.

I think the fact we're only days away from the start of the new season and he's yet to find a club tells us everything. And he's supposed to be one of the best players in our division in his day.

21 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Ha ha ....if you really think that if a player's negotiations with clubs about potential contracts aren't known about on forums or in the  press for that matter, then they aren't happening. Then I'm sorry it's you that's being silly.

Course they happen,happen all the time....usually allegedly fuelled by 'leaks' from player agents of real,or imagined multiple club interest..family members,sometimes Players & managers themselves..Forign press,club press announcement...list endless for how it becomes public...its just a matter of time before there picked up and reported.We are what a week away from season start proper,wheres the cresendo of interest? One odd story posted...nothing close season....Obvious there hasnt been interest,let alone clubs competing for him...it always comes out  https://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/marcottis-musings/62/post/3881418/anatomy-of-a-transfer-story-a-consumers-guide-to-rumorsfake-newsbuyback-clauses-and-more    so as far as i am concerned,i stand by my reply...dont despair though you have one 'mug' like..might get a few more..

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s not so much we want the pair back, it’s the face we’ve not replaced them with better or anyone at least near their ability.

Thats the sad truth. On ability Fox, Fletch, FF, Hutch would all improve our side hugely. 

Fox,a player castigated and blamed constantly over & over,is now a player who wold improve our team hugely Mmmmmmm   Fletcher? well he has managed one run out so far at Blackpool for Stoke,has a twinge i believe in his groin,& now not played in 2 pre season matchs Hutchinson allegedly,dropped on form & injured,no club as yet..FF no club as yet,multiple alleged issues(only S6 player on here with his own 'megathread',and no real form in my view since his first 2 seasons..... 

image.png

41 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Who knows what happened between Winnall and FF. When were the other times he's  been fighting in training?

Yes he was wrong for refusing to travel to Norwich 4 years ago but he apologised at the time and we move on.

As Monk didn't offer him a new contract, he wouldn't have played him in those 2 games before the end of his contract even if fit.  He barely played him pre lockdown anyway.

Same way we get most of our info,its selectively 'leaked' by those in the know...you either believe it,or you dont....but its there  time served way of putting info out in politics,let alone football

3 hours ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

I saw the title and I thought it was about the REAL Sammy - another disappointing 6 pages............

The REAL Sammy.jpg

Never knew him,but in the 70s he was always at every match i went too,and always looked like he did here...

2 hours ago, prowl said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they both have a great season. They needed fresh challenges, they'd been here too long and had gone stale, they may also have thought they were gods gift after the adulation they got here.

FF usually has a good first season where he puts his heart and soul into it, then it fades.

If they are kept in their places by the new clubs they should do ok.

What 'new; clubs?

Guest Willow Owl
7 minutes ago, parajack said:

What 'new; clubs?

It’s amazing, with 4 days to go neither have a club despite being freebies. Reading some of the posts on here you would think they had morphed into Messi and Pogba.

Wish folks would move on, and stop slagging the club and the manager. 
You can just see the doom and gloom brigade sharpening their knives even before a ball is kicked.

Things aren’t good at the moment, but the club needs the fans on side more than ever. The negativity is getting pathetic. 
Just my opinion

7 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Who knows what happened between Winnall and FF. When were the other times he's  been fighting in training?

Yes he was wrong for refusing to travel to Norwich 4 years ago but he apologised at the time and we move on.

As Monk didn't offer him a new contract, he wouldn't have played him in those 2 games before the end of his contract even if fit.  He barely played him pre lockdown anyway.

He was offered a contract. He turned it down. 

609322FC-C83C-49E9-83EE-27ADBE74E232.png

Guest Bulgaria
7 hours ago, parajack said:

Fox,a player castigated and blamed constantly over & over,is now a player who wold improve our team hugely Mmmmmmm   Fletcher? well he has managed one run out so far at Blackpool for Stoke,has a twinge i believe in his groin,& now not played in 2 pre season matchs Hutchinson allegedly,dropped on form & injured,no club as yet..FF no club as yet,multiple alleged issues(only S6 player on here with his own 'megathread',and no real form in my view since his first 2 seasons..... 

image.png

He is not injured mate, it's the weight of all that cash he had us for that's stashed in his shorts.

Everyman and his dog said we needed a clear out  and cut the ridiculous wage bill ....that they go to clubs who are in better financial position is there good fortune but doesnt alter the fact that we had to do what we did  otherwise we would never get the right side of FFP.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1