Sammy and Nando

5 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Nothing wrong with him getting the best deal he can at the back end of his career . He was immense for us and put a shift in every game , I have nothing but praise for the way Fletcher turned it round with us and showed why we got him in the first place . 

Nothing wrong at all. He wants the best deal, can’t blame him. That wasn’t the point we were discussing. 

1 minute ago, parajack said:

You saying we cant do what Rotherham could? overcome a 12 point deduction,but still finish mid table?

I hope we can yes, the other day I listed a fair few clubs that in any normal season we would expect to be capable of finishing more than 12 points above over the course of 46 games.

The trouble is we didn't finish 12 points ahead of anyone last season and have lost our 3 top scorers. With no ties to the club I would have moved on as Fletcher did (though I'd like to think I'd have offered to play the last few games).

20 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Who knows. Maybe he and WW were supposed to be sold in January so he was moving forward assuming they were not going to be there.

At some point you have to put the stake in the ground and say this is where we build from.

It's painful to start with but has to be done when you are trying to change the culture of any organisation.

Maybe it will work and we move forward, or maybe he fails and we don't. Then it's up to DC.

I get what you are saying but I think in the case of Hutchinson he could have kept him in the squad until the season as he was out of contract anyway. we were certainly more competitive with him in the side than without him and there were little signs that he was majorly disruptive with the squad in the games he featured in at that time. 

If something happened which warranted Hutchinson being cast aside then the club should have said as much, its not as if they were trying to hide any issue to maintain any form of transfer value. 

6 hours ago, SiJ said:

In any event, it was probably for the best that both moved on, from both their point of view and from ours. 

Things have gotten awfully stale over the last few years, massively reliant on a bunch of players who reached their peak for us three to four years ago. 

Nando largely injured and/or getting in trouble and Hutchinson seemingly incapable of keeping his mouth shut if he didn't agree with the manager. 

The latter will probably do a good job if he is happy within the set up. As for the former...well, they got rid of him once before so. 

Indeed it's not like the new team we have filled with 9 of the 11 that were at the club last season.

All for change but replacing good players with worse players we only end up going further the wrong way.

It will be interesting to see the Cardiff match line up. Is it a new team or the same under performing players from the second half of last season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

While the other half swallow eddies and try to convince the whole fan base that all is great at S6 and the squad is better than last years. Monk will be like Moses and walk us over the Don banks to the promised land.

You fishing for likes??....cos none of us who just want a fair go for monk,& think differently to you think any of the sort....The 'squad' FAILED & when will people like you realise that? Couldnt get promoted,or get to the Play Off Final(second time around) with CC,failed under Jos,couldn't get to the play offs under Bruce....FAILED...& on the journey left us skint,& no longer able to sustain our wage bill...thats it...All we would have had from this lot would have been more failure,which we simply couldnt afford any more

And as to squads FFS lose the hero worship,,,who is living in the past & wearing flares?(there back in again,by the way) those who look at the current squad,& look for positives and ways forward,or those ,like you that are forever knocking on about players who have made allegedly millions out of the Club,& we achieved WHAT? with them?..FF best season,what 4,5 years ago....no Club as yet..Hutchinson? dropped for form reasons & injury,no Club as yet,Fletcher,injured with tight groin already at Stoke after playing at Blackpool & missed 2 Stoke friendly's,Lee,great servant,no club as yet(as far as i am aware).....and so on........Life on S6 'Mars'...

Edited by parajack
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

They will rip the division apart. Both got points to prove. 

We absolutely wasted those two players. Poorly managed from the day Carlos left 

FF was poorly managed by Carlos too. He should have been shown the door after the Norwich fiasco.

Edited by mogbad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, GLOwl said:

Let's wait and see 1) how many games they play,  2) what positive impact, or otherwise they have on the team, and 3) how good watford turn out to be. I reckon the answers will be not many, not much and mid table.

I wouldn't be surprised if they both have a great season. They needed fresh challenges, they'd been here too long and had gone stale, they may also have thought they were gods gift after the adulation they got here.

FF usually has a good first season where he puts his heart and soul into it, then it fades.

If they are kept in their places by the new clubs they should do ok.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Indeed it's not like the new team we have filled with 9 of the 11 that were at the club last season.

All for change but replacing good players with worse players we only end up going further the wrong way.

It will be interesting to see the Cardiff match line up. Is it a new team or the same under performing players from the second half of last season.

How about replacing 'average' players with 'worse' players? cos thats what most were based on performances,that or allegedly aging,injury prone,and in my view past their prime...Who are the 'worse' players by the way?PP & reach were here last season as you say,but its more about how the 'team' perform for me,Blunts brought in unknown's and others  cast offs, etc but turned them into a team...

32 minutes ago, prowl said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they both have a great season. They needed fresh challenges, they'd been here too long and had gone stale, they may also have thought they were gods gift after the adulation they got here.

FF usually has a good first season where he puts his heart and soul into it, then it fades.

They havnt got a Club yet

1 hour ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Nothing wrong at all. He wants the best deal, can’t blame him. That wasn’t the point we were discussing. 

There is something wrong,Fletcher spent large parts of his time here injured,was paid in full throughout the furlough,by the chairman,has allegedly been paid millions in wages,but wouldnt stay and help us at the end of the season....I do blame him.....

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, prowl said:

FF was our top scorer in 15/16 and 16/17. 

He was injured for over 6 months in 17/18 and came back for the last 8 games, scoring 5 goals.

In 18/19 he was injured and suspended for spells, yet still played in most of Bruces's matches.

Last season he was over his injuries and fully fit but had the alledged racism suspension in August.

Monk wouldn't play him despite being fit, starting him in only 7 games, including the debacle at Luton where he played him at wing back.

I can remember the home game v Birmingham last October when we were dire and in the second half the fans were chanting his name for him to be brought on. Monk gave in and he changed the game when he came on.

The thing is FF would walk into our side right now, with a manager who new what he was doing that is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

We know some of the 'underperformers' are going to be there,certainly hope Reach isnt one of them....cant change a squad in 1 window,got to hope monks new signings somehow invigorate them..and hope that our GK gremlins are sorted...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

He was injured for over 6 months in 17/18 and came back for the last 8 games, scoring 5 goals.

In 18/19 he was injured and suspended for spells, yet still played in most of Bruces's matches.

Last season he was over his injuries and fully fit but had the alledged racism suspension in August.

Monk wouldn't play him despite being fit, starting him in only 7 games, including the debacle at Luton where he played him at wing back.

I can remember the home game v Birmingham last October when we were dire and in the second half the fans were chanting his name for him to be brought on. Monk gave in and he changed the game when he came on.

The thing is FF would walk into our side right now, with a manager who new what he was doing that is.

3 ,4 years ago for any consistency? a long time in football,as we know to our cost with JR.....had his day,which is why he left on a free,& hasn't had a glut of clubs competing for his signature.Watford we are told may sign him,we shall see

48 minutes ago, prowl said:

I really can't see either of them playing any more than 3 or 4 games in a row. Their bodies just aren't up to it any more.  Theyryat the stage where you compensate for old injuries and that leads to strains and pulls. I would be gobsmacked if either managed 30 league starts this coming season.

10 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Out of interest who would you drop from say the team that finished the game on Saturday to accommodate him?

Apart from Rhodes, obviously 😂

Edited by GLOwl
Changed response