Sammy and Nando

Just now, GLOwl said:

Out of interest who would you drop from say the team that finished the game on Saturday to accommodate him?

We started the game without a forward. There are plenty I would have dropped anyone apart from Dawson to have had FF in the team.

As for the team that finished the game FDB, Reach, Windass.

The manager is even talking about playing Reach as a striker FFS.

As I said FF would walk into this team.

16 minutes ago, parajack said:

3 ,4 years ago for any consistency? a long time in football,as we know to our cost with JR.....had his day,which is why he left on a free,& hasn't had a glut of clubs competing for his signature.Watford we are told may sign him,we shall see

How do you know that there hasn't?

3 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

We started the game without a forward. There are plenty I would have dropped anyone apart from Dawson to have had FF in the team.

Walk is a good way of putting it lol

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Agree on both points about reach.

FF at his best would definitely walk in to this team, but he is way way past his best now. He's a bit of a crock unfortunately now, and a disruptive influence. It's best that he's gone and I would be amazed if he were able to start any where near 30 league games this coming season. I don't think many teams are queuing up to sign him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Agree on both points about reach.

FF at his best would definitely walk in to this team, but he is way way past his best now. He's a bit of a crock unfortunately now, and a disruptive influence. It's best that he's gone and I would be amazed if he were able to start any where near 30 league games this coming season. I don't think many teams are queuing up to sign him.

He said himself at the start of last season that he was over his injury problems and 100% fit.

As for the 'disruptive influence', please expand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Tommy Crawshaw said:

He said himself at the start of last season that he was over his injury problems and 100% fit.

You didn't ask me,but id'e like to answer:Being banned? refusing to play? accused of alleged racism? allegedly taking an age to come on,when requested as a sub?  will they do for a start?

2 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Fighting during training sessions, refusing to get on the bus when he thought he deserved a little more £££. Monk said after lockdown he didn't come back fit.

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Well the fact they havnt signed for anybody,or no report in the sports news,forums,you know,the same way we all find out....what a silly Q..

Ha ha ....if you really think that if a player's negotiations with clubs about potential contracts aren't known about on forums or in the  press for that matter, then they aren't happening. Then I'm sorry it's you that's being silly.

2 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

While the other half swallow eddies and try to convince the whole fan base that all is great at S6 and the squad is better than last years. Monk will be like Moses and walk us over the Don banks to the promised land.

Fortunately I'm not one of those

2 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Fighting during training sessions, refusing to get on the bus when he thought he deserved a little more £££. Monk said after lockdown he didn't come back fit.

I remember at the start of a season v Hull, in the prematch warm up he was holding his baby, yes kicking the ball about, but holding his baby. 
Whilst the rest of the squad were warming up, first home game of a new season.

FFS

Why would yer ?

Who sanctioned it ?

A few managers tried to harness Balotelli, not sure where he is now.

Some players are too big head for their own head, petulant, spoilt. Never ends well, however talented.

And probably on about 25-30k a week.

49 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

FF was our top scorer in 15/16 and 16/17. 

He was injured for over 6 months in 17/18 and came back for the last 8 games, scoring 5 goals.

In 18/19 he was injured and suspended for spells, yet still played in most of Bruces's matches.

Last season he was over his injuries and fully fit but had the alledged racism suspension in August.

Monk wouldn't play him despite being fit, starting him in only 7 games, including the debacle at Luton where he played him at wing back.

I can remember the home game v Birmingham last October when we were dire and in the second half the fans were chanting his name for him to be brought on. Monk gave in and he changed the game when he came on.

The thing is FF would walk into our side right now, with a manager who new what he was doing that is.

He probably would WALK in to our side at the moment if he's in owt like the condition he came back from lockdown 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Who knows what happened between Winnall and FF. When were the other times he's  been fighting in training?

Yes he was wrong for refusing to travel to Norwich 4 years ago but he apologised at the time and we move on.

As Monk didn't offer him a new contract, he wouldn't have played him in those 2 games before the end of his contract even if fit.  He barely played him pre lockdown anyway.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Who knows what happened between Winnall and FF. When were the other times he's  been fighting in training?

Yes he was wrong for refusing to travel to Norwich 4 years ago but he apologised at the time and we move on.

As Monk didn't offer him a new contract, he wouldn't have played him in those 2 games before the end of his contract even if fit.  He barely played him pre lockdown anyway.

Very professional for a professional footballer is that.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, HullOwlPhil said:

They won't be third favourites for promotion if they end up signing those two.

Correctamondo..probly be favourites