Sammy and Nando

Why are some people obsessed with former players.   Although both talented Fessi had 1 1/2 good seasons then attitude kicked in and Hutch though a good player was a liability and always stupid enough to get booked too early in games.   

move on close this thread concentrate on what we have.  

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
8 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Imagine going from watching Doucoure every week to Sam Hutchinson.

I say watching, I doubt he'll play much for them.

Err..that’s what proper clubs do when they get relegated..they have to sell their best players and biggest earners..then find cheaper replacements..

10 hours ago, parajack said:

We know some of the 'underperformers' are going to be there,certainly hope Reach isnt one of them....cant change a squad in 1 window,got to hope monks new signings somehow invigorate them..and hope that our GK gremlins are sorted...

Indeed but this is Monk 2nd transfer window. So he needs 3 so by January we will be reborn.

In other news we are trying to resign Nuihu, welcome to the monk revolution.

10 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

He said himself at the start of last season that he was over his injury problems and 100% fit.

As for the 'disruptive influence', please expand.

Happy to expand. Let's start with refusing to play at Norwich.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Indeed but this is Monk 2nd transfer window. So he needs 3 so by January we will be reborn.

Not easy to cut the wage bill try a build a new squad with hardly any money to spend     if we do resign nuhiu that just shows how hard it is to try and sign better under the current restraints .I'm sure that if they gave monk 5 million and said go get us centre forward they'd be one or two in by the weekend  but that ain't going to happen is it  .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

You been asleep for the last 12 Months?as far as ime concerned this is monks first real transfer 'window' his first opportunity to bring in newer players as well as his own coaching team,i am sick of reading whinging,whining posts like yours...If Dave is signed again,i will be pleased,i didnt want him to leave,but it will be a sign of desperation...I dont hold monk responsible for that,and as far as i am aware its still Doyen allegedly doing the recruitment.

Even if it is Doyen,recruitment it is still ALL monks fault,eh?as is our wages bill,prima donna,s EFL points deduction, have i left anything out?Oh yeah FF Fletcher, & Fox all refusing to stay & help us,despite recieving full wages through furlough...Not even played 1 League Match,,,,,,wait & see  what transpires than come on,if it warrants it & start gloating,ime sure you and the others who come on here posting similar will have a whale of a time

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, parajack said:

You fishing for likes??....cos none of us who just want a fair go for monk,& think differently to you think any of the sort....The 'squad' FAILED & when will people like you realise that? Couldnt get promoted,or get to the Play Off Final(second time around) with CC,failed under Jos,couldn't get to the play offs under Bruce....FAILED...& on the journey left us skint,& no longer able to sustain our wage bill...thats it...All we would have had from this lot would have been more failure,which we simply couldnt afford any more

And as to squads FFS lose the hero worship,,,who is living in the past & wearing flares?(there back in again,by the way) those who look at the current squad,& look for positives and ways forward,or those ,like you that are forever knocking on about players who have made allegedly millions out of the Club,& we achieved WHAT? with them?..FF best season,what 4,5 years ago....no Club as yet..Hutchinson? dropped for form reasons & injury,no Club as yet,Fletcher,injured with tight groin already at Stoke after playing at Blackpool & missed 2 Stoke friendly's,Lee,great servant,no club as yet(as far as i am aware).....and so on........Life on S6 'Mars'...

One certainty is the squad failed for the last 6 months under Monk. Hutchinson was dropped as was Westwood for differences of opinion with Monk. Both were replaced by inferior players so who is to blame for that ? Fishing for likes no but my opinion differs to yours thats what forums are for. Get over it and move on. If we all agreed there wouldn't be a forum.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

One certainty is the squad failed for the last 6 months under Monk. Hutchinson was dropped as was Westwood for differences of opinion with Monk. Both were replaced by inferior players so who is to blame for that ? Fishing for likes no but my opinion differs to yours thats what forums are for. Get over it and move on. If we all agreed there wouldn't be a forum.

Good reply,but your right the squad failed,we differ on why,  & thats not going to change.I just wish we could leave that last 6 Months behind us,& move forward together.We can comment agree/disagree on monks current team tactics,performances,substitutions,etc,etc as fellow Wednesdayites.  I will be as critical as the worst monk out poster on here,if it warrants it   Just want to enjoy my season without all the baggage we are carrying

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

Not easy to cut the wage bill try a build a new squad with hardly any money to spend     if we do resign nuhiu that just shows how hard it is to try and sign better under the current restraints .I'm sure that if they gave monk 5 million and said go get us centre forward they'd be one or two in by the weekend  but that ain't going to happen is it  .

If he used the £500k we have spent on Windass, we could have gone an got a striker, there are about 30 or 40 of them out of contract in the EFL alone, we you have no strikers any striker is better than none.

We could get a loan striker in from another team, there are many ways but we seem to have focused on the areas of the pitch we didn't need to, then not focuses on the area where we need players, we are short on the right wing, left back, no strikers and need a proper championship quality keeper.

The end product means we go into this season with the same defense that leaked 2 goals a game post Christmas and have no striker force - based on the players we have left Kachunga with 3 goals in 36 games or 1 in every 12 games is our most prolific player. We better get a few step up and start scoring or this season could be over for Christmas.

31 minutes ago, parajack said:

Good reply,but your right the squad failed,we differ on why,  & thats not going to change.I just wish we could leave that last 6 Months behind us,& move forward together.We can comment agree/disagree on monks current team tactics,performances,substitutions,etc,etc as fellow Wednesdayites.  I will be as critical as the worst monk out poster on here,if it warrants it   Just want to enjoy my season without all the baggage we are carrying

Monk deserves a chance and that is this season ,if he keeps us up he should get another season. I have no doubt this is a difficult job but he needs to prove he is up to it. My one hope on the last 6 months is he has his backroom team in place which may leave him less exposed and provide support. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, parajack said:

You been asleep for the last 12 Months?as far as ime concerned this is monks first real transfer 'window' his first opportunity to bring in newer players as well as his own coaching team,i am sick of reading whinging,whining posts like yours...If Dave is signed again,i will be pleased,i didnt want him to leave,but it will be a sign of desperation...I dont hold monk responsible for that,and as far as i am aware its still Doyen allegedly doing the recruitment.

Even if it is Doyen,recruitment it is still ALL monks fault,eh?as is our wages bill,prima donna,s EFL points deduction, have i left anything out?Oh yeah FF Fletcher, & Fox all refusing to stay & help us,despite recieving full wages through furlough...Not even played 1 League Match,,,,,,wait & see  what transpires than come on,if it warrants it & start gloating,ime sure you and the others who come on here posting similar will have a whale of a time

So the same group of players that achieve 8 points out of 27 post Co-VId are still here and now are the starting 11 minus the goals of Murphy.

We have added 4 midfielders who cannot all play unless we play them up front, which appears to be Monk game plan, we still have massive holes in the first team we are hoping Penney sort the left back issue but if he does then Palmer has to play there because there is no one else, that then leaves the right back spot to be filled by Odabajo who unless you didn't watch any of last season is seriously awful and a penalty conceding waiting to happen.

We have no championship quality keeper, we averaged 2 goals a game post Christmas with Wildsmith and Dawson in goal and the same defenders we now have, so that means we could need to score an average of 2 goals a game just to get a point. Something we managed just 14 times out of 46 games last season with 6 strikers to pick from not 1 that does not even get in the team with only 1 striker available.

But indeed none of the picking the team, deciding which players to play, deciding the formation, the tactics, the training of players, match fitness or who play is Monk fault. SO who exactly is picking the team then...…. 

54 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Agree with what you say here, apart from Westwood: when we were doing ok Oct - Dec last year, he wasn’t a permanent fixture.

I think he was a liability at times going back to the home game v United. Yes, occasionally makes great saves, is vocal with the defence. But a liability.

He has been quoted on here quite often as difficult to manage - holding himself in high regard. Can we afford to keep players like that, particularly if on big wages.

19 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If he used the £500k we have spent on Windass, we could have gone an got a striker, there are about 30 or 40 of them out of contract in the EFL alone, we you have no strikers any striker is better than none.

We could get a loan striker in from another team, there are many ways but we seem to have focused on the areas of the pitch we didn't need to, then not focuses on the area where we need players, we are short on the right wing, left back, no strikers and need a proper championship quality keeper.

The end product means we go into this season with the same defense that leaked 2 goals a game post Christmas and have no striker force - based on the players we have left Kachunga with 3 goals in 36 games or 1 in every 12 games is our most prolific player. We better get a few step up and start scoring or this season could be over for Christmas.

If we play 352 we don’t need a LB. 

We are blessed at RWB - Harris, Moses, Palmer and even Reach.

But 100% we need proper strikers. Neither Windass nor Kachunga are really strikers. 

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Agree with what you say here, apart from Westwood: when we were doing ok Oct - Dec last year, he wasn’t a permanent fixture.

I think he was a liability at times going back to the home game v United. Yes, occasionally makes great saves, is vocal with the defence. But a liability.

He has been quoted on here quite often as difficult to manage - holding himself in high regard. Can we afford to keep players like that, particularly if on big wages.

If we could get him off the wage bill fine , but if not he should be used as and when required. I dont think we have the resources to just freeze players out as it doesn't make economlc sense.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

If we play 352 we don’t need a LB. 

We are blessed at RWB - Harris, Moses, Palmer and even Reach.

But 100% we need proper strikers. Neither Windass nor Kachunga are really strikers. 

If we play 3-5-2 we will get crucifier from anyone with a half decent attack.

We last season when we tried it we conceded 17 goals in 9 games or near enough 2 goals a game, we have signed just Dunkley. I saw the set up against Walsall and with Odabajo and Harris playing the wing backs role they did little to know defending, Lees and Borner were having to cover the full back roles and effectively that left 1 person in the middle.

We don't have the players for a 3 at the back. 

But for what ever reason this is the way Monk wants to go, without having the personnel to play the roles properly, instead we shoehorn players into roles they cannot play then wonder why the team under performs.

To be truthfully honest I am past caring now if it works great, but I cannot see it happening with the current manager or personnel being picked each week. I pray I am wrong.

5 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

If we could get him off the wage bill fine , but if not he should be used as and when required. I dont think we have the resources to just freeze players out as it doesn't make economlc sense.

I, like you, or anyone else on this forum don't truthfully know what happened with Westwood. But seeing what happened when he lost form and similar with the Ireland squad we could make a guess that he maybe froze himself out by refusing to go on the subs bench. As I say only a guess but it seems to fit.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So the same group of players that achieve 8 points out of 27 post Co-VId are still here and now are the starting 11 minus the goals of Murphy.

We have added 4 midfielders who cannot all play unless we play them up front, which appears to be Monk game plan, we still have massive holes in the first team we are hoping Penney sort the left back issue but if he does then Palmer has to play there because there is no one else, that then leaves the right back spot to be filled by Odabajo who unless you didn't watch any of last season is seriously awful and a penalty conceding waiting to happen.

We have no championship quality keeper, we averaged 2 goals a game post Christmas with Wildsmith and Dawson in goal and the same defenders we now have, so that means we could need to score an average of 2 goals a game just to get a point. Something we managed just 14 times out of 46 games last season with 6 strikers to pick from not 1 that does not even get in the team with only 1 striker available.

But indeed none of the picking the team, deciding which players to play, deciding the formation, the tactics, the training of players, match fitness or who play is Monk fault. SO who exactly is picking the team then...…. 

ZZzzzzzzz  i must have replied to this a half dozen times now,over and over....LET IT THE **** GO & concentrate on the coming season,results,performances,substitutions,tactics,& the latest goings on in Coronation St,or Eastenders...Its been done the **** to death over & over..done to death..BORING

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If we play 3-5-2 we will get crucifier from anyone with a half decent attack.

We last season when we tried it we conceded 17 goals in 9 games or near enough 2 goals a game, we have signed just Dunkley. I saw the set up against Walsall and with Odabajo and Harris playing the wing backs role they did little to know defending, Lees and Borner were having to cover the full back roles and effectively that left 1 person in the middle.

We don't have the players for a 3 at the back. 

But for what ever reason this is the way Monk wants to go, without having the personnel to play the roles properly, instead we shoehorn players into roles they cannot play then wonder why the team under performs.

To be truthfully honest I am past caring now if it works great, but I cannot see it happening with the current manager or personnel being picked each week. I pray I am wrong.

Only preseason games really but we were neither crucified by Leicester or Walsall with 3 at the back.

Both teams never looked like scoring and I would say that Leicester are pretty decent up front.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1