Sammy and Nando

12 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Only preseason games really but we were neither crucified by Leicester or Walsall with 3 at the back.

Both teams never looked like scoring and I would say that Leicester are pretty decent up front.

We were all over the place in the first ten minutes against Leicester and they could’ve had a couple (as could we) but we settled down and for the rest of the game it was pretty comfortable. Walsall had no chance because we demolished them with the finest footballing display ever seen. I imagine the first few games will be played at a weird pace after such a short pre season, hopefully we can pick a few early points up

Guest Willow Owl
54 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If he used the £500k we have spent on Windass, we could have gone an got a striker, there are about 30 or 40 of them out of contract in the EFL alone, we you have no strikers any striker is better than none.

We could get a loan striker in from another team, there are many ways but we seem to have focused on the areas of the pitch we didn't need to, then not focuses on the area where we need players, we are short on the right wing, left back, no strikers and need a proper championship quality keeper.

The end product means we go into this season with the same defense that leaked 2 goals a game post Christmas and have no striker force - based on the players we have left Kachunga with 3 goals in 36 games or 1 in every 12 games is our most prolific player. We better get a few step up and start scoring or this season could be over for Christmas.

£500k On a 20 goals season striker you’re having a laugh. Do you honestly believe we are not trying our hardest to get in the right players?

Supporters or fans depending on how you look at, follow their clubs through thick and thin and we need the fans to get behind the club as much as possible this season. While everyone has opinions, your constant negativity/ slagging off of the club, chairman, manager, players is quite frankly nauseating.

FFS give it a rest.

Hows about we all try and support OUR club and all pull together. Yes we are in the poo but we cant affect that now we need siege mentality and everyone helping the team whether it be sympathising or Encouraging and not asking for the manager sacked after 32 minutes of game one. Its counterproductive and helps no one at all.?? 

UTO

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I wish this thread would die a death and drop out of  the first page of this site because every single time I see 'Sammy and Nando' I throw up in my own mouth

Whose mouth do you normally throw up in?

• Haha 3

Guest Grandad
2 hours ago, room0035 said:

So the same group of players that achieve 8 points out of 27 post Co-VId are still here and now are the starting 11 minus the goals of Murphy.

We have added 4 midfielders who cannot all play unless we play them up front, which appears to be Monk game plan, we still have massive holes in the first team we are hoping Penney sort the left back issue but if he does then Palmer has to play there because there is no one else, that then leaves the right back spot to be filled by Odabajo who unless you didn't watch any of last season is seriously awful and a penalty conceding waiting to happen.

We have no championship quality keeper, we averaged 2 goals a game post Christmas with Wildsmith and Dawson in goal and the same defenders we now have, so that means we could need to score an average of 2 goals a game just to get a point. Something we managed just 14 times out of 46 games last season with 6 strikers to pick from not 1 that does not even get in the team with only 1 striker available.

But indeed none of the picking the team, deciding which players to play, deciding the formation, the tactics, the training of players, match fitness or who play is Monk fault. SO who exactly is picking the team then...…. 

I think that's grossly unfair

It completely ignores the fact they are all happy now that FF has left. And that will be reflected in our march to the play offs

Guest Grandad
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Even if we don't make the play-offs our players will be much happier now the bad eggs are being flushed out of the club and back onto being full time instagrammers

Even if we are relegated I don't care. As long as our precious little flowers are happy in their work

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

If he used the £500k we have spent on Windass, we could have gone an got a striker, there are about 30 or 40 of them out of contract in the EFL alone, we you have no strikers any striker is better than none.

what's the point of signing a striker that you dont want?that reeks of panic signings,as to be better to be patient and wait to see if the ones you do want become available and within budget as the window comes to a close.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

FFS 

I wish people would realise that this is a SWFC section for discussing SWFC players/managers past and present

lol

you know what to do 

#bringbacktheneg

4 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

£500k On a 20 goals season striker you’re having a laugh. Do you honestly believe we are not trying our hardest to get in the right players?

Supporters or fans depending on how you look at, follow their clubs through thick and thin and we need the fans to get behind the club as much as possible this season. While everyone has opinions, your constant negativity/ slagging off of the club, chairman, manager, players is quite frankly nauseating.

FFS give it a rest.

Edited by room0035

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

what's the point of signing a striker that you dont want?that reeks of panic signings,as to be better to be patient and wait to see if the ones you do want become available and within budget as the window comes to a close.

We have known since January we need strikers, this summer there are hundreds of players out of contract and we are unable to find a few strikers to start the season with.

Lets roll forward to May and we end up being relegated by a few points - maybe at that point we will look back to the 4 games in September when we went into the without and proper strikers and did not get the goals or the points we could have done. 

We could be eating into that -12 deficit by the first international break or we could be 15+ points adrift taking no points from the first 4 games.

We are far enough behind everyone else without starting without a recognised striker too. Look I am past caring I have supported the club all my life and will support them no matter what but the current set up both off and on the pitch at the moment is a complete joke.

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We have known since January we need strikers, this summer there are hundreds of players out of contract and we are unable to find a few strikers to start the season with.

Lets roll forward to May and we end up being relegated by a few points - maybe at that point we will look back to the 4 games in September when we went into the without and proper strikers and did not get the goals or the points we could have done. 

We could be eating into that -12 deficit by the first international break or we could be 15+ points adrift taking no points from the first 4 games.

We are far enough behind everyone else without starting without a recognised striker too. Look I am past caring I have supported the club all my life and will support them no matter what but the current set up both off and on the pitch at the moment is a complete joke.

Yep we should just sign any old striker that's available and nobody else wants..................now that would be a complete joke.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

3 wins from 9 is not good enough for a super hero...soz.

SOZ :ph34r:, but I never said he was a super hero. You pointed out that 12 points from 9 games was 'shybo'. Just asking what you think about 8 points from 9 games or 17 points from 23 games.