Plus points

1 minute ago, HarryPlopper said:

I will give you Izzy Brown, but Bannan?   It was a game absolutely wanting someone to grab it by the balls, and all he did was the long sliding tackles that always get him into trouble.

Penny was very positive, he is like a rolls royce on the ball compared to some on the pitch for us today.

The biggest plus for me was Kirkland, basically saying Monk doesn't have a clue.

Kirkland was embarrassing today lost a bit of respect for him today babbling drivel

• Like 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

Brown has to play in midfield, that’s for sure. Not sure about three at the back either, it’s no more secure than two, Iorfa was decent, but both Lees and Borner don’t look suited to the system. 
I’d play a back four with Palmer on the right and Penney on the left. Sure Palmer won’t get forward as much, but it gives us the opportunity to play Kachunga ahead of him. Penney has the energy to get up and down, even from full back

I think the issue with Penney is he is absolutely suited to this formation, so if he plays it's in this kind of set up.    Not as an old fashioned left back.

Just now, gurujuan said:

Brown has to play in midfield, that’s for sure. Not sure about three at the back either, it’s no more secure than two, Iorfa was decent, but both Lees and Borner don’t look suited to the system. 
I’d play a back four with Palmer on the right and Penney on the left. Sure Palmer won’t get forward as much, but it gives us the opportunity to play Kachunga ahead of him. Penney has the energy to get up and down, even from full back

Couldn't agree more!

Stick Windass in front of Penney in an asymmetric 4-3-3... Windass will drift inside and give space for Penney to bomb on. Too good to not be starting games.

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Izzy Brown, but FFS Monk, play him in midfield, him and Bannan will dominate. Secondly Matt Penney, on this showing, a shoe in for left back

Thought exact same.

Brown looked a class above when played in his natural position. Wasted up top.

Penny looked threatening and few decent balls in. 

I thougt Dele was much better than made out. Looked to drive and make things happen. Constantly getting beyond their defence and looks very strong. Few sloppy passes though but it also came from players not continuing runs.

Couple of good defensive performances.

Moses looked a threat.

Rest were mainly awful though and the tactics were poor overall, shocking first half.

Reach with one of the most ineffective displays I’ve seen in 30 years of watching wednesday though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HarryPlopper said:

He spoke the truth, something a lot of pundits are scared to do.

Nothing wrong with what kirkland said at all today, not one thing.

Are you for real or have you been in a coma for 3 years as well

Kirkland was talking as though Rhodes scored in every game for us for the last 3 years.....not 1 in the entirety of last season

• Like 2

Just now, jonesy87shef said:

Reach with one of the most ineffective displays I’ve seen in 30 years of watching wednesday though.

I'm not going to put that down to Reach, he's no centre forward.    You could see he was always naturaly pulling wide after passing it off, when a naturaly striker would have been darting into the box.

He's been labelled as someone who can play all over the pitch, but in reality, he's a winger.    Nothing else.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Couldn't agree more!

Stick Windass in front of Penney in an asymmetric 4-3-3... Windass will drift inside and give space for Penney to bomb on. Too good to not be starting games.

3-5-2 will be system

Dunkley will be key to this when he comes in as the middle center back.

Lees definitely and borner possibly will be 2nd choice this season

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

What did you see?

A young man confident on the ball, a good change of pace. The ability to turn defence into attack very quickly. Many more positives than negatives.

There were many asking for the likes of Hunt to be in the starting line up towards the back end of the season. This lad has far more to his game than Hunt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jonesy87shef said:

EVERY TIME..he plays in that role, he simply drifts out wide...total waste of a position..you had 4 on the same flank withing about 30 yds of each other at one bit...Its bloody ridiculous...Once it changed we should have won at a canter

• Like 1